The Duke of Cambridge and Conservation Efforts 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed Kate did not have a handbag... She usually have it for every sort of event... For a gala it should be a "MUST" don't u think? She looks gorgeous but you can see something is missing

I just noticed Kate did not have a handbag... She usually have it for every sort of event... For a gala it should be a "MUST" don't u think? She looks gorgeous but you can see something is missing

Maybe her PA was carrying it. :lol:

PA is a personal assistant. Rebecca Deacon who is Kate's private secretary probably has Kate's stuff in her bag.

Last edited:
Catherine looked pretty good and I also happen to like the fact that she has a little more weight on her. Im sure she enjoyed being out with her husband as well. It is always good if you can get a little break from constant caring for baby although I am sure they would like to spend every minute with George. I also noticed she was not carrying a handbag which did look slightly odd but I figured she just didnt want to take one along or someone was holding it for her. It did seem rather strange though since she always has a clutch with her at events. Hmm.

I thought the same as well about the lack of a clutch; she usually carries one and its absence to me was fairly noticeable. And she looks marvelous with her curves and extra weight.

I really like how William took a few steps back on the red carpet to allow the photographers to get some great shots of Catherine. Seems like he really wanted everyone to get a good look at his wife. Don't know if anyone noticed he took a few steps back.

I noticed that as well Dman. It was a wonderful gesture on his part since it seems everyone is wanting to see Catherine because of her long absence from the public. He was aware of this it seems and he did an excellent job of letting everyone see his beautiful wife in all her post baby glory. Well done William.

New engagement for William and Prince Charles on November 26th, will attend "united for wildlife" meeting.

William is filling up his calendar, good signs for amount of engagements he might undertake next year

Interesting article in the Times today about what William is doing re his conservation work.

He has been learning some Mandarin for a video he is making.

Extract
Yao Ming, the 7ft 6 inch former basketball superstar, coached Prince William on his pronunciation when they made a video about the illegal trade in ivory and rhino horn to be broadcast in prime time by Chinese state television.

The Duke, like his father and grandfather a passionate advocate for saving endangered species, is to address the Chinese in their own language to try to persuade them to stop fuelling the trade in illegal wildlife.

He had the idea of making a video with Ming and David Beckham, both well known in China, to tackle the root cause of the explosion in poaching: demand in the world’s most populous country for ivory carvings and use of rhino horn in traditional Chinese medicine.

More than 800 rhinos have been poached in South Africa alone this year, which already beats last year’s record of 668 and compares with only 13 killed in 2007. Rhino horn cures have become a status symbol among some newly wealthy people in China’s rapidly growing middle class.

The Duke knew of the success of a video made by Ming in which he told his countrymen of the devastating impact of their appetite for shark fin soup.

END

The video will be launched shortly before the Duke and the Prince of Wales attend a conference on illegal wildlife in London in February at which they and David Cameron will attempt to persuade heads of state and foreign ministers from 50 countries to tackle the problem.

A Whitehall source said China had yet to commit to sending a senior minister to the conference.

The Duke is understood to be keen to visit China to follow up his work on the issue. A royal visit to China would give a powerful boost to Britain’s diplomatic and trade links with China but would be difficult for the Foreign Office to organise because of Beijing’s sensitivity over Prince Charles’s contacts with the Dalai Lama.

All this is being undertaken as President of United for Wildlife.

Goes to show that just because we do not see him out and about, it does not mean he is being idle.

Prince William to speak at Wildlife Conference in February. From Sunday Times 12th January

START
PRINCE WILLIAM will step onto the world stage next month in front of up to 60 heads of state at a global summit highlighting the plight of endangered species.

The Duke of Cambridge, who is expected to make a keynote speech, has long been a backer of wildlife charities. He will support David Cameron and William Hague, who have organised the London summit in response to the growing threat to three iconic animals: the tiger, elephant and rhino.

Thinking about what happened to the animal, literally makes me sick. so mad .And so proud of William. Good on him! He and Siegfried from all creatures great and small would make a great team!:lol: he does us all proud!

I'd say we're on the same page. This is terrible, and I'm so glad that William is doing something about it.

Summary of article in The Times 28/1

Start

The Duke of Cambridge’s campaign to save rhinos, elephants and tigers from poachers has taken a huge step forward with an agreement by China to send a senior minister to a conference in London next month.

Prince William believes that the key to saving these species is to persuade Beijing to take much tougher action against the illegal trade in ivory, rhino horn and tiger parts.

Rhino horn cures have become a status symbol among the country’s rapidly growing middle class. China is also the biggest market for ivory carvings and tiger bone wine.

Beijing has not said which minister will attend the conference at Lancaster House but diplomatic sources said it could be Hui Liangyu, a Vice Premier.

William is expected to make a speech at the conference, which will be attended by David Cameron and William Hague. John Kerry, the US Secretary of State, is also expected to attend, along with the leaders of several African countries. The organisers hope that Jackie Chan, the actor, and Yao Ming, the 7ft 6in former basketball star, will attend. Their presence would ensure widespread coverage in China.

Earlier this month, Beijing signalled a deepening commitment to addressing the illegal wildlife trade by publicly crushing six tonnes of seized ivory, copying the destruction of a similar amount by the US in November.

The London conference will focus on four main objectives: strengthening law enforcement; reducing demand; international collaboration; and helping Africa communities to find sources of income linked to protecting the animals rather than killing them. Higher penalties for poaching and smuggling will be a key topic of discussion.

End

I'd say we're on the same page. This is terrible, and I'm so glad that William is doing something about it.
Oh I loved that show.

Thinking about what happened to the animal, literally makes me sick. so mad .And so proud of William. Good on him! He and Siegfried from all creatures great and small would make a great team!:lol: he does us all proud!
I adored that show. Would Harry make as much mischief as Tristan?:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Harry would have been great as Tristan. I don't think Harry gets in as much trouble as Tristan, but they would be good friends.:D

I have a feeling that Prince William must feel like Siegfried at times.:ROFLMAO::whistling:

Prince Harry would have been great as Tristan. I don't think Harry gets in as much trouble as Tristan, but they would be good friends.:D

I think Harry and Tristan would have been kindred spirits. They know how to make others laugh with their antics (and get into a bit of mischief too).

I have a feeling that Prince William must feel like Siegfried at times.:ROFLMAO::whistling:

I won't doubt it.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, as President of United for Wildlife attended the United for Wildlife Symposium which focuses on international wildlife trafficking at the Zoological Society London this morning. Will Travers, CEO, Born Free met ITN at the event and explained the involvement of the Duke and his father Prince Charles has been a catalyst for change. .
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
HRH Duke of Cambridge and President of United for Wildlife speaks as he attends the United for Wildlife Symposium at the Zoological Society on February 12, 2014 in London, England-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/1QpH1XYJgFI/Duke+Cambridge+Attends+Illegal+Wildlife+Trade/3Dvg0GctSgX

You can rewind this event to 1:45 and watch William's attendance and speech-

International Wildlife Trafficking Symposium Day 2 - A United for Wildlife event hosted by ZSL - YouTube

Thank you for sharing the videos of this event.

Pictures:
The Duke of Cambridge gives a speech at an evening reception for the Illegal Wildlife Trade conference at Natural History Museum on February 12, 2014 in London-
Prince William at the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference - Pictures - Zimbio

Video:
Duke of Cambridge attended a reception at the Natural History Museum, hosted by UK Government, on the eve of the London Conference on the Illegal Wildlife Trade last night. His Royal Highness met a selection of guests before delivering a speech-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=PRINCE%20WILLIAM%20ATTENDS%20RECEPTION%20AT%20NATURAL%20HISTORY%20MUSEUM

The Duke of Cambridge makes a speech at the Illegal Wildlife Trade conference - YouTube

He was boar hunting just a few days ago.

Perhaps you are unable to understand the disinction between legal and illegal ?

Hunting Wild Boar is legal and necessary [they do untold damage to crops, landscape ,and sometimes humans]. It as imperative to keep their numbers under control.

They also make absolutely delicious casserole ! So nothing will be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom