The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2020, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Hipólito Lima, 'Father of Sea Turtles’ is the winner of the 2020 Prince William Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by @ninetyone_uk. Hipólito has dedicated 26 years of his life to marine conservation in Sao Tome."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1334568462975438851

"John Kamanga is the winner of the 2020 Tusk Award for Conservation in Africa, sponsored by @LandRover. John has dedicated his career to developing a vision for the co-existence of pastoralist communities and wildlife."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1334573831692947457

Old 01-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William condemns the ambush and killing of park rangers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-killing-park/

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has condemned the “horrendous” attack that killed at least six park rangers in Africa’s oldest national park.
The rangers were killed as they guarded endangered species from an armed militia at Virunga National Park, a two million-acre reserve in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Duke, who as president of United for Wildlife has worked with park director Emmanuel de Merode, has warned about dangers to rangers from poachers.
He said on Monday night: “The horrendous attack on staff at the Virunga National Park is abhorrent and I condemn the actions of those responsible in the strongest terms.
“Rangers who work tirelessly to protect both the national park and the neighbouring communities should be honoured not attacked. They should never find themselves in a position where their lives are on the line.”

Old 01-12-2021, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Prince William condemns the ambush and killing of park rangers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-killing-park/
For consistency sake it would've been better had they either not used any titles (for any of the gentlemen mentioned in one sentence) or used titles for both (even though the prince normally doesn't use it in his professional life). So, let's fix it:

Quote:
The Duke, who as president of United for Wildlife has worked with park director prince Emmanuel de Merode, has warned about dangers to rangers from poachers.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
For consistency sake it would've been better had they either not used any titles (for any of the gentlemen mentioned in one sentence) or used titles for both (even though the prince normally doesn't use it in his professional life). So, let's fix it:
I don't think he uses it professionally as you say. I've read a few interviews with him over the years (this massacre is far, far from the only one horrifically) and most publications don't use it whilst addressing him.

Nor does he use it on his social media.

I imagine using a Belgian title in the Congo might be considered impolitic? Although it's pretty obvious just from his name. Or maybe he simply prefers "Dr".
Old 01-12-2021, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I don't think he uses it professionally as you say. I've read a few interviews with him over the years (this massacre is far, far from the only one horrifically) and most publications don't use it whilst addressing him.

Nor does he use it on his social media.

I imagine using a Belgian title in the Congo might be considered impolitic? Although it's pretty obvious just from his name. Or maybe he simply prefers "Dr".
To me it was all about the inconsistency within one sentence... Even though I understand that William normally uses his title and Emmanuel doesn't.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

he Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held a Meeting for the Earthshot Prize via video link.

- Court Circular || 22 January 2021
Old 01-29-2021, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

His Royal Highness, President, United for Wildlife, this afternoon held a Meeting with representatives from Focused Conservation via video link.

- Court Circular || 28 January 2021
Old 02-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

CC Tuesday: The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Meeting with Mr Anthony Juniper (Chairman, Natural England) via video link.
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Fauna and Flora International, this morning attended an Executive Committee Meeting via video link.

CC Thursday