https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...destroyed.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
William and Charles clashed over Buckingham Palace’s Ivory-

Interesting. Of course, who knows whether this actually happened.

I personally don’t see the point in destroying what you already have. Some of those artifacts are historically important, priceless.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

Oh please! Does anyone REALLY think that William would destroy historical artifacts? He wouldn't and he can't. Those artifacts belong to the nation not to the royal family personally.
Give me a break!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
William and Charles clashed over Buckingham Palace’s Ivory-
Overly ridiculous.
As pointed out destroying State property is punished by law. They are works of arts, you just can't get rid of them like that (and William studied Art History, so he's well aware of that).
But
As seen with the RFO, maybe William is quite vocal about starting a new approach by avoiding any new commission/ purchase of ivory by the Royal Household.

Seems way more believable to me.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I also am of a mind that those beautiful things that were made out of ivory in the past should never be destroyed or even hidden away. Now, I would be of a different mind if new things were to be issued (like the RFO) or new items made of ivory gain prominence after William has started the campaign against its use and illegal poaching.

Things made out of plastic have been around for a very long time but its only been recently that the problems discarded plastic is causing to the environment and Eugenie is actively working for people to be more responsible when it comes to recycling their plastic bottles. She set the example of having a plastic free wedding.

Ivory items and plastic bottles are not the problem. Its the use of the items in the here and now that highlight the problems and I can honestly say that Kate's RFO being made of glass rather than ivory shows support for what William is doing as Eugenie's plastic free wedding was.

On a last note here, I seriously doubt that Charles and William would have seriously come to blows over this issue as Charles is an active conservationist when it come to the environment and sustainability and its more than likely that William is following in his dad's footsteps with projects of his own in the conservation area.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Oh please! Does anyone REALLY think that William would destroy historical artifacts? He wouldn't and he can't. Those artifacts belong to the nation not to the royal family personally.
Give me a break!

It certainly didn’t make sense to me.

Seemed more like a typical article trying to stir up trouble.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

This isn’t a new story. Reports that William wants the ivory in BP and CH destroyed go back years - the story began, I believe in 2014 when Jane Goodall told the Independent that William had told her personally that he wanted to see all of BP’s ivory destroyed.

That this is coming out now just seems to be part of a larger commentary on the differences between William, Harry, and Charles that is playing out in the press right now. The press seem to be wanting to set William apart from his brother and father right now, and this story just plays into that.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Wanting to destroy the old ivory sounds like a child's reaction when he realized where those ivory pieces came from. It might have happened in some form but --if it did --I think it was probably nearly 25 to 30 years ago. Stupid to bring it up now.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Tusk Awards will be streamed LIVE here at 8pm-
https://mobile.twitter.com/investeca...84657953886208

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Here are some photos of tonight's Tusk Conservation Awards in London:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Thrifty Kate strikes again! Duchess of Cambridge recycles SIX-YEAR-OLD Jenny Packham dress as she joins Prince William..**
Old 11-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Video for the Prince William Award for Conservation -Peter Morkel.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Highlights from tonight

Old 11-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Call me "Old-Fashioned" but I think that the Duchess of Cambridge's pretty green gown is too revealing for a royal lady to wear! I've seen it before and it has a low back. I'm she's recycling the clothes though; she has an expensive job.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
Call me "Old-Fashioned" but I think that the Duchess of Cambridge's pretty green gown is too revealing for a royal lady to wear! I've seen it before and it has a low back. I'm she's recycling the clothes though; she has an expensive job.

No, it has a lace back and is not improper at all. And Catherine looks even better in the dress now than she did before she had her children.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron of the Royal African Society and TuskTrust, hosted a “Conservation Thought Leadership” Gathering at Buckingham Palace || 9 November 2018

The meeting brought together conservationists, philanthropists, business leaders and experts in sustainability, development, and tourism, to start a conversation about the future of conservation in Africa and the challenges to be addressed over the next 20-30 years.

https://twitter.com/mayhewcharlie/st...755862017?s=21

https://twitter.com/tusk_org/status/...756009984?s=21

https://twitter.com/judiwakhungu/sta...965642758?s=21
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
In many social circles, décolletage is accepted and encouraged in ladies’ evening gowns. You might want to google images “Queen Elizabeth II evening gown” to see examples of suitable wear.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge, President, United for Wildlife, this afternoon received Sir David Attenborough (Naturalist and Broadcaster)

- Court Circular || 20 November 2018
Old 11-27-2018, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 26th November:
The Duke of Cambridge, President, United for Wildlife, this afternoon received Mr Evgeny Lebedev (Patron, Space for Giants).
Old 11-28-2018, 04:33 AM
Majesty

“The Duke of Cambridge this morning attended a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.”

— Court Circular || 27 November 2018
Old 01-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon received the Lord Hague of Richmond (Chairman, United for Wildlife Transport and Finance Taskforces).

Court Circular || 10 January