The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MARG said:
Yes it was just as bad for them. Unfortunately they managed to track them down on their honeymoon, which saw them move on pretty fast. :bang:

But didn't Victoria and Daniel do a prehoneymoon interview in exchange for being left alone? Plus they were on a private yacht at some point, yes? An pre honeymoon interview is not something I expect from Catherine and William but their pictures (or even the suggestion of pictures) sells papers so it's bound to happen....

monkeyfish said:
No idea, I'm refusing to look. Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.

In truth the pictures are so blurry they could be anyone .......

Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.

Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.

No idea, I'm refusing to look. Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.

My thoughts exactly, even on their honeymoon they apparently can't be left alone :whistling:

Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.

They may be royalty, but they have a right for privacy as well. They have two high-profile and extended visits on their agenda, that will give plenty of photography options.

Being photographed so much is the life that has occurred by changing of the times that his mother and aunt induced, not by being born into this position - imo.

I assume that you feel that since they will be living off the radar in Wales for the next two years, they "have" to take up/swallow any picture taken of them now. If so, everyone has the right to his/her own opinion.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this. But I do know that when it comes to life in the real world, this is what one should expect. This high-powered, gotta-get-a-picture is nothing new.

Wish they woul dleave them alone so they could have a little time together. They are devoting their lives to the service of the Crown after all so they have a lifetime of pictures to give the press, couldn't they think of that and just give them a modicum of privacy?

Duke of Marmalade said:

I believe it's been said Charles and the Middleton's are paying for this honeymoon....you realize they're rich, right? Like really rich - so if that's how William/Charles want to spend their cash then it's really their business and it doesn't effect us....

Posts #145 and 146

#145 - I have to agree with Marmalade on this one. It is an unbelievable extravagance for a couple of people who want to be "normal."

#146 - Yes, it is their business how they spend their money, but they do keep on babbling about wanting to be normal. A 1million (pick your currency) honeymoon, blows me away.

They need to own up to who they are and stop trying to be like me. I find it extremely insincere and stilted.

Posts #145 and 146

#145 - I have to agree with Marmalade on this one. It is an unbelievable extravagance for a couple of people who want to be "normal."

#146 - Yes, it is their business how they spend their money, but they do keep on babbling about wanting to be normal. A 1million (pick your currency) honeymoon, blows me away.

They need to own up to who they are and stop trying to be like me. I find it extremely insincere and stilted.

So far it's not proven that any of the figures mentioned is true.
And to me it sounds more like there are many people trying to get some publicity out of the Royal Wedding including the Honeymoon. As this is private: why not create some false headlines? Who cares about William and his bride?

And no: they don't try to be like you. Or me. They try to be themselves and - if this means taking on flak, they'll take it. Good for them! May their stamina last.

The parents of the groom usually pay for the honeymoon. So maybe Charles footed the bill. I don't see anything wrong with an extravagant honeymoon. They only get to honeymoon once.

They couldn;t have a cheap honeymoon, there would never be any privacy. Privacy costs. If as reported it is a gift from her parents, that
would be their business not the taxpayers.

If the Britannica was still in service, we probably would not be having this
discussion.

I kinda thought Margaret's villa on Mustique might be the destination. But I expected a majorly expensive trip. I guess "normal" for the BRF is not you and me, but Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and others in that category. I'm sure this isn't any more lavish a trip than many rock stars and movie actors undertake.

I kinda thought Margaret's villa on Mustique might be the destination. But I expected a majorly expensive trip. I guess "normal" for the BRF is not you and me, but Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and others in that category. I'm sure this isn't any more lavish a trip than many rock stars and movie actors undertake.

Princess Margaret gave the villa to her son who sold it years ago.

They couldn;t have a cheap honeymoon, there would never be any privacy. Privacy costs. If as reported it is a gift from her parents, that would be their business not the taxpayers.
I completely agree. Besides, this is their honeymoon, which will happen only once in their lives--so why begrudge them this one extravagance?

Remember, they are not the one saying I want to be like me, you or anyone else! papers and magazines are the one babbling about the size of the house they live and the fact that they will or nor have a big staff. How you take this, is up to you!
I must be missing something , cause when I saw Catherine doing groceries, the only thing in my mind was "so she's still in Britain?.. ok" People are going crazy about the littlest thing it seriously makes me laugh!

Didn't the Middletons confirm they would make a financial help? maybe the money was used for the honeymoon.

I wish articles would stop writing, gee we don't know who's paying for this honeymoon? Like implying it's the taxpayer or whomever.... I believe it's been reported several times that Charles and the Middletons are covering the expense....

first and foremost I think its incredible which figures are around,
once its 4.500,-- per night, here its 45000 per night, then it costs 2 million for the island - 45.000 x 10 days to me ist 450.000,-- (if true) - then the headline says they rent a 2 million boat, but one week costs 26000 - and the state they rented it for 1 day,
gosh, just drive people crazy, - as long as it is paid privately its none of anybody´s business.

I would say the figures are pretty accurate from having a rough idea of private gateway villa prices. The only way for privacy was to rent out the entire place. I don't really get how some think that since they want to be normal that they shouldn't have rented out the place or spend that much. To me, enjoying sometime which is your private time, is fine since many wealthy people will do.

I can see I'm going to lose this one. LOLOLOL.

Remember, they are not the one saying I want to be like me, you or anyone else! papers and magazines are the one babbling about the size of the house they live and the fact that they will or nor have a big staff. How you take this, is up to you!
I must be missing something , cause when I saw Catherine doing groceries, the only thing in my mind was "so she's still in Britain?.. ok" People are going crazy about the littlest thing it seriously makes me laugh!

Didn't the Middletons confirm they would make a financial help? maybe the money was used for the honeymoon.

Even if the Middletons did help out with the honeymoon... lets not forget that William himself is very wealthy.. He his income from the military is most likely their spending money.. he did not need anyone to pay for his honeymoon...

justina said:
gosh, just drive people crazy, - as long as it is paid privately its none of anybody´s business.

Agreed, honestly I read a honeymoon total of $750,000. - yes a ton for regular plp but actually not that much in comparassion to Charles's fortune. Plus the yacht might be worth 2 million but William and Kate didn't pay 2 million to rent it so a bit misleading.....

That's codswallop. They're 2 human beings on their honeymoon, period. End of story. They will spend the rest of their life serving their country and their people. They deserve 10 days of peace just like anyone else does on their honeymoon. Who you were born to doesn't mean you give up some of the most basic forms of human rights and decency.

Mia_mae said:

I've read the Midfletons and Charles are paying and honestly if it cost $750,000. Like I've read, for Charles that's not really that much - for average person that's nuts but not for him....

Does everyone know there are actually 2 threads going discussing the same issue? This one and the Duke and Duchess married thread- it's a bit confusing bc can't remeber what I have posted where but some good articles discussing this topic were posted in other thread too

Thanks for calling my opinion, codswallop, that was really nice of you.
They aren't anyone else, they are royalty. End of.

I assume that you feel that since they will be living off the radar in Wales for the next two years, they "have" to take up/swallow any picture taken of them now. If so, everyone has the right to his/her own opinion.

Not just because they are living off the radar for however long, but simple because they are royal. It's part of their life, deal with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom