The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lumutqueen said:
Calling them the highest profile couple in the world is certainly a big title to give them. They aren't IMO. Not being disrespectful to anyone, but they're royalty, they play no major part in politics or the day to day running of anything. Yes if anything happened to one member, god forbid, touch wood etc it would be a huge tragedy but for people not for politics or any major organisation. hope I'm getting my message across the right way here :)
What I meant by the four years thing is that this operation has been going on for that long, Obama could have ordered 'the kill' if the moment was right at any point in those 4 years. Coincidence that he ordered it on Williams wedding day.
If O ordered the kill on Friday, W postponed the honeymoon on Saturday and Osama was killed at 8:30pm last night, yes?

I agree. They're not the highest profile couple. They're almost forgotten about over here. I highly doubt Obama planned anything around the royal wedding. Since August Obama was alerted about Osama's possible whereabouts. He got a call early in the morning and he gave the "go". This strategic operation by US forces was not IMO planned alongside Will and Kate. And if he did have the wedding in mind it'll be because of a diversion for the people.

Last edited:
You have both misquoted Kataryn - she actually called them "the highest profile couple in the world at the moment". I don't think that's too far out.

Frideswide said:
You have both misquoted Kataryn - she actually called them "the highest profile couple in the world at the moment". I don't think that's too far out.

I read the at the moment thing, but for me that applied to Friday and Mayr Saturday morning with news about the reception now not so much.

I read the at the moment thing, but for me that applied to Friday and Mayr Saturday morning with news about the reception now not so much.

Anyone who has seen the British people mourn Diana and the reaction all over the world can surely imagine how the public would react to a terrorist attack on Diana's son and his new bride. It is something no government would risk at the moment. IMHO, at least.

Sure, they are going to live a much quieter life in the future, but even if the Americans are people with a short-lived memory, who watch a wedding on one day and forget the couple the next day, as posts here seem to suggest, they surely would remember if something happened?

Anyone who has seen the British people mourn Diana and the reaction all over the world can surely imagine how the public would react to a terrorist attack on Diana's son and his new bride. It is something no government would risk at the moment. IMHO, at least.

Sure, they are going to live a much quieter life in the future, but even if the Americans are people with a short-lived memory, who watch a wedding on one day and forget the couple the next day, as posts here seem to suggest, they surely would remember if something happened?

You make excellent points. At this moment, a terrorist attack on anyone (let alone William and Catherine) would not be a good idea. With the recent death of one of the biggest terrorists in the recent years, no one could predict what would happen if the couple all of a sudden took a trip to the Middle East, or anywhere outside the UK for that matter. Better to be safe than sorry. They can always take a post wedding trip of sorts when they have a light schedule.

I agree. They're not the highest profile couple. They're almost forgotten about over here. I highly doubt Obama planned anything around the royal wedding. Since August Obama was alerted about Osama's possible whereabouts. He got a call early in the morning and he gave the "go". This strategic operation by US forces was not IMO planned alongside Will and Kate. And if he did have the wedding in mind it'll be because of a diversion for the people.

Well I am from Ohio and hear a lot about Duke & Dutchess here in Ohio

C'mon now, they've been living together for years. A couple of weeks delay in a vacation shouldn't make much, if any, difference. The honeymoon was over long ago.

No, I'm not trying to be crass; just talking truth.

Of course anything happening to them would cause great disbelief and sorrow among those of us who love things royal. Not necessarily among the disinterested.

KittyAtlanta said:
C'mon now, they've been living together for years. A couple of weeks delay in a vacation shouldn't make much, if any, difference. The honeymoon was over long ago.

No, I'm not trying to be crass; just talking truth.

Of course anything happening to them would cause great disbelief and sorrow among those of us who love things royal. Not necessarily among the disinterested.

Very true!
They've had their "honeymoon" a long time ago. I think thats why it's so easy for them to not take an extended vacation.

If they wanted to target someone, Will and Kate would be on their list as would anyone that would cause world headlines. I don't know of anyone who doesn't know about Will and Kate's wedding - whether they like them, or think they are the hippest couple on the scene. Something happening to them would cause more attention WORLDWIDE than even if something happened to Charlie Sheen! (which is the top attention getter in the US and he's a winning warlock so no one could ever get him). Next best target here would be Lindsey Lohan I guess. Any gov't official other than a few senior cabinet or former presidents wouldn't create more Headlines than royal couple would.

I'm from the US and they are still all over here. Them possibly coming to Hollywood is even on CNN.

1222 said:
Well I am from Ohio and hear a lot about Duke & Dutchess here in Ohio

That might be true. You probably hear a lot about them from the media...not from the average Joe. I'm from California. I'm always in Texas and NY and I could say they're almost forgotten. That was made in reference to the term "highest profiling couple". That statement is not true. If you say something about Kate Middleton some people don't even know who that is. The fact that they won't be doing a lot of royal duties will put them even more in the background. But that's okay cause that's what they want anyway.

caitydrew said:
If they wanted to target someone, Will and Kate would be on their list as would anyone that would cause world headlines. I don't know of anyone who doesn't know about Will and Kate's wedding - whether they like them, or think they are the hippest couple on the scene. Something happening to them would cause more attention WORLDWIDE than even if something happened to Charlie Sheen! (which is the top attention getter in the US and he's a winning warlock so no one could ever get him). Next best target here would be Lindsey Lohan I guess. Any gov't official other than a few senior cabinet or former presidents wouldn't create more Headlines than royal couple would.

I'm from the US and they are still all over here. Them possibly coming to Hollywood is even on CNN.

All over here in terms of the media. I think if AQ/OBL wanted to attack anyone in the world I don't think Will and Kate would be at the top of the list. If anything it'll be the Queen and perhaps Prince Charles.

Terrorist could care less about two young famous people marrying. They do care about killing a lot of souls at one time. If anything they would want to attack the "head" and that would be the Queen (if we're talking in terms of the royal family). I'm not saying Will and Kate can't be target but some people are making it seem like they would be the first, main target to be attacked. Hope I'm explaining this right.

Last edited:
I don't think any royals would be target #1. If AQ targeted, they would go after the PM, Home Secretary, etc. However, it appears they don't actually target. It's more "get as many as you can with one device."

However, I could be dead wrong as in IRA/Louis Mountbatten.

I don't think any royals would be target #1. If AQ targeted, they would go after the PM, Home Secretary, etc. However, it appears they don't actually target. It's more "get as many as you can with one device."

However, I could be dead wrong as in IRA/Louis Mountbatten.

I just remember how quick they got Harry out of Afghanistan when it his location was disclosed.

Yes, it was quick and appropriate. He's 3rd in line. I wouldn't want my Secretary of State in a hot zone during a war (no matter who they are).

KittyAtlanta said:
Yes, it was quick and appropriate. He's 3rd in line. I wouldn't want my Secretary of State in a hot zone during a war (no matter who they are).

Exactly- in America third '' in line'' is the Speaker of the House and agree I wouldn't expect him to be in a war zone at all (just in case).....

Not sure if this has been posted- US Weekly reporting Duke and Duchess went home to Wales ( why can i never remember the name of the town) for their 3 day '' getaway''.....
http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/WherePrinceWilliamKa/?KSID=e93b63af2df2beb6ad62e7bb2d5961b0

Last edited:
They were at home all this time! I wonder how true this is. I was so looking abroad that I didn't think they would spend it at home. :)

I just remember how quick they got Harry out of Afghanistan when it his location was disclosed.

It took them about 6 weeks.

The New Idea made the revelation in January that year but it was another 6 weeks or more before he was removed after other media broke the story.

Not all that fast - 6 weeks really. I would have expected them to act far more quickly than that if they were truly worried.

Im surprised the lactation has been revealed for any reason not just security but also privacy. In one of the articles it did mention that the press was not going to follow the couple but then I wonder if they would do so for the highest selling picture :whistling:

Do we know which island of the Seychelles they will be visiting?

I was just going to say that Desroches is in the seychelles and I think it means that's where they made that "pact" of theirs.

Isn't it a bit inconsiderate to not show up for Zara's birthday if they've already RSVP'd?

I wonder if the palace will eventually confirm when they are on their honeymoon. If we go by the article then they should be there right if it's true.

Bermuda would be my choice. I love the people there.

Im surprised the lactation has been revealed for any reason not just security but also privacy. In one of the articles it did mention that the press was not going to follow the couple but then I wonder if they would do so for the highest selling picture :whistling:

Do we know which island of the Seychelles they will be visiting?
I dunno, is Desroches an island? They mention that place in the article as you can see I'm useless with geography. The Mail also revealed some details last Monday
William and Kate to honeymoon in Seychelles | LUXUO Luxury Blog

Ah ok thanks. See as I said I suck in Geography never quite paid too much attention to it at school.

Back
Top Bottom