The Duchess of Cambridge: Will she become more popular than Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No she won`t be!!!! and if she becomes popular then she won`t ever became "Queen Of Hearts"like Diana.

So tell who`s popular the "Heart Queen Of William" or the "Heart Queen of People"???

Depends on who the people are. Though I hope that if she is one day William's queen, she will be the respected queen of the whole of Britain.

Depends on who the people are. Though I hope that if she is one day William's queen, she will be the respected queen of the whole of Britain.

I would like to think that a woman with a university education like Kate might be thinking in these terms rather than wondering whether she can be Queen of Hearts.

I don´t think so... If she doesn´t merry with the prince, the other girlffried will be very much popular than her jaja is only for the moment, Wills´s the popular, and "his girlfriend" always will be popular...

No she won`t be!!!! and if she becomes popular then she won`t ever became "Queen Of Hearts"like Diana.

So tell who`s popular the "Heart Queen Of William" or the "Heart Queen of People"???
Diana wanted to be known as the Queen of peoples hearts, she did not achieve that aim, IMO. What an arrogant aim anyway. As far as we know and we don't know a great deal, all Catherine wants is to be the Queen of Williams heart.

Diana wanted to be known as the Queen of peoples hearts, she did not achieve that aim, IMO. What an arrogant aim anyway.
Well said Skydragon. I have to admit that there is something really disquieting about the whole notion of the "Queen of peoples hearts". Perhaps my aversion stems from the first coining of that term. Arrogance personified.
Skydragon said:
As far as we know and we don't know a great deal, all Catherine wants is to be the Queen of Williams heart.
Now that is a normal healthy desire. What woman wouldn't want to be Queen of her beloved's heart.

The incessant measuring of Williams girlfriend against the spectre of his dead (and Sainted) mother is more than a little macarbe, IMO.

I always thought that it was Tony Blair who the first called her "queen of peoples hearts" just after her death annoncement....?:innocent:

i cannot still belive we are still on these topic, why dont we sent these topic to daily maill for people to vote on and let see who win the popular vote?if we are still going to argue about these let have another forms about charlene and grace kelly since we all want to know who will be the fairest of them all?:whistling:

I always thought that it was Tony Blair who the first called her "queen of peoples hearts" just after her death annoncement....?:innocent:

In fact that was the "People's Princess" expression. The "Queen of hearts" (or to be exact : "Queen of people's heart") was created by her in the Panorama Interview.:flowers:

She said she would rather be queen of people's hearts than be the queen. I don't find that arrogant. Diana wanted to make connections with people, she didn't want to be a figurehead. To each his own.

She said she would rather be queen of people's hearts than be the queen. I don't find that arrogant. Diana wanted to make connections with people, she didn't want to be a figurehead. To each his own.
I find it arrogant to want to have a place in anyone's affections other than family and friends, let alone Queen of their hearts! As you say, to each his or her own!

In fact that was the "People's Princess" expression. The "Queen of hearts" (or to be exact : "Queen of people's heart") was created by her in the Panorama Interview.:flowers:

It was the title by which Queen Alexandra was known, according to contemporary news articles. :flowers:

A lot of people found it arrogant to say that when there already was a queen on the throne who should be the queen of her people's heart.

It was the title by which Queen Alexandra was known, according to contemporary news articles. :flowers:

A lot of people found it arrogant to say that when there already was a queen on the throne who should be the queen of her people's heart.

"Should have been" but did QEII have that place in her people's affections? I doubt it. I think Her Majesty was thought of-rightfully- so with respect and affection. But like it or not the late Princess of Wales was able to inspire and tap into a feeling of intense devotion and love among the people of Britain and the world that has not been rivalled by any Royal before or since. I personally hated the Martin Bashir interview-it made me cringe and I think it was one of the most ill advised things Diana ever did. But she was being honest, not presumptuous or arrogant in my opinion.

Last edited:
what's "her jaja"?:flowers:

I don´t think so... If she doesn´t merry with the prince, the other girlffried will be very much popular than her jaja is only for the moment, Wills´s the popular, and "his girlfriend" always will be popular...

"Should have been" but did QEII have that place in her people's affections? I doubt it.
Yes, IMO she did. The recreational grieving that went on was not indicative of everyone or even the majority of peoples real feelings.... but we have been through this so many times. :rolleyes:

Catherine, as far as we know only wants to be loved and admired by her family, William and his family. For that alone she gains my admiration. She has behaved 'royally' around the media packs, has never spoken of her relationship with William and I can't see her bareing her soul to the media. Her dignity and decorum will gain her fans across the globe.

Since Ms Middleton to my knowledge has not given any interviews how can we tell how she feels about "wanting to be loved by William?" We can't. We can just as easily assume that she is simply an ambitious young lady who is in it for the long haul and determined to hang in there.

You can't tell her motivations simply because she has been discreet and loyal...Lady Diana Spencer also kept her mouth shut before the wedding and appeared devoted to her boyfriend Charles. See how that turned out?

I am not saying that she is. It's just that very little is really known about the girl.

Since Ms Middleton to my knowledge has not given any interviews how can we tell how she feels about "wanting to be loved by William?" We can't. We can just as easily assume that she is simply an ambitious young lady who is in it for the long haul and determined to hang in there......You can't tell her motivations simply because she has been discreet and loyal...Lady Diana Spencer also kept her mouth shut before the wedding and appeared devoted to her boyfriend Charles. See how that turned out?

I am not saying that she is. It's just that very little is really known about the girl.
So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? As you might have noticed, I did put 'as far as we know'. The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!:bang:

So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!:bang:

I guess we can't know for certain, can we? And shouldn't we wait till the couple are even engaged before even speculating at all? To our knowledge Prince William has not proposed and might not yet!

The only place I have read "condemnation" of her is online. The print media-particularly in Britain-are practically salivating at the prospect of a Royal wedding between she and William and seemed to want to have him jailed for breaking up with her last year.

BTW...is she calling herself "Catherine" now and not "Kate?" I like the name Catherine much more than Kate but I never hear her referred to that way.

So by the same argument, how can anyone judge whether Catherine will be 'more popular' than the dead Diana? As you might have noticed, I did put 'as far as we know'. The constant condemnation of this girl, the suggestion that she is hanging about says more about the poster than it does about Catherine!:bang:
So what? If a person doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, then there's something wrong with them?!

So what? If a person doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, then there's something wrong with them?!
Not at all, there are many people we instinctively dislike on first meeting or even grow to detest. But that tends to be based on solid facts, we don't like their way of thinking, their way of living. With Catherine we know absolutely nothing about her apart from that which the media has tried to portray. To judge the young woman so harshly based on her refusal to speak to the tabloids is, to me horrible. The constant statements that she is always shopping, holidaying only waiting for the prize of princess, is based on what, certainly not any solid evidence? Do any of us know that she doesn't work at home, her own business (she is hardly going to use her own name to sell her products) or is this all based on the 'infallibility' of the gutter press?

Name calling shows the calibre of the person doing the calling, don't you think, the sort of childish behaviour/bullying one hears about in junior schools. :flowers:

A reminder that this topic is about the nature of 'popularity' and not a reflection on other member's motivations, personalities or behaviour.

thanks
Warren
British Forums moderator

I like Kate for these reasons as well. :flowers:

She has behaved 'royally' around the media packs, has never spoken of her relationship with William and I can't see her bareing her soul to the media. Her dignity and decorum will gain her fans across the globe.

I hope Kate will adjust better to the royal family than Diana, but I'm not sure she'll ever be as popular. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think Diana had an extraordinary sense of how to manipulate public perception in her favour and make herself look vulnerable/admirable/beautiful to an extreme degree. She sought out a public following. Kate, because of her very discretion/reservedness that is criticized by some, probably won't be inclined to seek attention in the same way. And as a result, she probably won't get it.

I just don't think people attract Diana's level of popularity for being loyal and hardworking. If Kate turns out to be a princess like this, that's excellent, but it won't make her into the media star that Diana was. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Would anyone ever be more popular than Diana? I mean Diana was loved by people all over the world, she was the princess of hearts, loved by soooo many people, that I doubt Kate or anyone else for that matter could ever become as popular as Di. She doesn't have to be though, does she? As long as people respect and accept her by William's side, that's all she needs IMO!

Those comparisons between Kate and the Princess of Wales are ridiculous.

Imo I don't see Kate beeing as popular as Diana was; it's possible that she might be but I just don't see it right now.

I think we should wait and see if they get married first. You never know what might happen.:whistling: In the article they said she is Prince William's ex-girlfriend, but they are waiting for them to name the date.:confused:

She probably will be more popular because she's still nobody and see all that can be written about her......

Do you think she will always be a little popular even if she doesn't marry William, and somebody else?

Of course .. she will ....But first , I really think she's going to marry W.In the other case (for the daydreamer) she will marry in his circle of friends because she's IN...

Do you think she will always be a little popular even if she doesn't marry William, and somebody else?
Yes. She would always know as William's first big love or William's ex or the girl who almost become a queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom