The Duchess of Cambridge: Will she become more popular than Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The difference will be when Kate's approaching 40 and into her middle years. Diana didn't reach those years, so there can be no comparison. :sad: That is IF Kate marries William.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Kate reaches the years Diana did not live to see,(if she marries William) we will still hear comparisons about the charity work and things she does and of course the will say .... wonder if Di would have done it better... I fear she will never walk out from Diana's shadow but I hope Im wrong.:ermm: Hopefully if she marries William , she will become a wife that knows her place in the BRF does not step out of line, supports William, does her bit as a princess and we will hear::: she has done it better then diana...and they are happy..:ROFLMAO:

I disagree with you, they have been dating longer then some marriages last these days. I really don't think that with their pre-relationship dating they had much time to make skeletons at this point. Some people can be married for 30 years like Camillia and Andrew and never really know each other at all... I think it depends on the two people and how open they are with each other in a relationship.;)

That's the thing about it. You think you know the person very well until you marry them. Marriage is like a mirror....you see all sorts of things that you never knew was there.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with that...if that is the case.
she knew what she wanted had the brains and money to get where she needed to be to make it happen... and he fell for her so she wins. kudos to her...If you think about it most relationships start with one person going after the other one. I just hope if they make it the long hall the UK wins as well... and she will step up her game and be a wonderful wife and princess..(QC) just my opinion!

ps.. do you have the article where Kate mentioned that she had pictures of William all over her walls ... I recall a former class mate making a statement but never knew Kate gave an interview...

Don't misunderstand me, there's nothing wrong with that. I just hope she's moved past the "fantasy" of Will.

My sister showed me the video, which is why I can't seem to find it. I will try to look though. I'll let you know if I see it.

I find it arrogant to want to have a place in anyone's affections other than family and friends, let alone Queen of their hearts! As you say, to each his or her own!

Perfect statement and I wholeheartedly agree. I hope that Kate will be different from Diana, I hope that she will only marry William because she loves him. If this will be the case then she will be a good if not the perfect consort. And that is what William needs and where Diana failed!

I quite agree. I think that William realizes that Kate is just that sort of woman. If he didn't think so, he could have ditched her long ago or ended it for good during that brief split years ago.:flowers:

Hopefully if she marries William , she will become a wife that knows her place in the BRF does not step out of line, supports William, does her bit as a princess and we will hear::: she has done it better then diana...and they are happy..:ROFLMAO:

I don't think she will more famous than the legendary Diana but she will be compared always to her. I think that both KM and Pr. Diana have the same qualities like for example been shy and have a great fashion sense.

Maybe Ms Middleton does not care if she is more famous and compared to Princess Diana. Kate will be known the way Prince William wants the press to known Kate. I think from both we will only know their royal appearances and not their personal lives. Isn't that what they are doing now? :flowers:

Maybe Ms Middleton does not care if she is more famous and compared to Princess Diana. Kate will be known the way Prince William wants the press to known Kate. I think from both we will only know their royal appearances and not their personal lives. Is that what they are doing now? :flowers:

This is what I see also. I think William and Kate will keep there private lives as private as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh do and also Charles and Camilla.

IIRC those photos were taken to court (pun intended) and won.
No they weren't. It was settled out of court.
I do believe that Kate and her family use the press for their own agenda.

No they weren't. It was settled out of court.
I do believe that Kate and her family use the press for their own agenda.

You're absolutely correct.. they did file a lawsuit and it was settled out of court and I believe if I read correctly back then, Kate donated the settlement to charity also.

I have to disagree about using the press for their own agenda. Kate does all she can I think to stay OUT of the press.

I certainly hope so. The "revelations" of the 1990's ("just wanting to set the record straight") were hard on everybody--except for the media barons, who made lots of money catering to the people who wanted to talk.

This is what I see also. I think William and Kate will keep there private lives as private as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh do and also Charles and Camilla.

I don't think she will more famous than the legendary Diana but she will be compared always to her. I think that both KM and Pr. Diana have the same qualities like for example been shy and have a great fashion sense.
I think whoever William marries will be compared (good or bad) to Diana. It's pretty much inescapable.

Will Miss Kate Middleton ever be as popular as the late Diana, Princess of Wales? That is a great question since how can the British monarchy exist if it isn't popular with British taxpayers who are becoming increasingly Republican?

In the beginning, people liked Kate Middleton. She is a natural beauty, well-educated, discreet and comes from a family of self-made millionaires. She is the kind of girl you expect to move up in the world so a college romance with a prince isn't entirely unthinkable. Besides, they looked so nice together. The picture of young, romantic love. The kind so hot it rarely burns past graduation.

When it did last, we all wondered what Kate would do post-graduation. As she bounced between jobs and let off steam at the local club, we all figured she was finding her way like the rest of us at that age. We even forgave her when she drank too much and flashed a little black underwear or when that God awful uncle turned up selling stories, cocaine and women less fortunate than his niece. We forgave her but we didn't forget either. It was the first chip at her mystique.

Then Kate gave up looking for a job for the routine of a kept women: Gym, tan, shop, party, travel, and follow my man around with fierce vigilance. Suddenly, the college grad was kind of a bimbo. An odd sort of bimbo since her lifestyle isn't bank-rolled by her royal lover but her upper middle-class parents. Was she receiving a commission every time Party Pieces is mentioned in an article about William and Kate's relationship? Here was a deeper chip at her mystique.

Dating since 2001, the relationship now seems tired and jaded. You never see them kiss, laugh or hold hands together. Instead, he looks sadly oblivious to how much he is hurting this girl and she looks too hard to care. If he has made her into a bimbo by refusing to be honest with her, then she has made him into a cad for not walking out on him sooner. The only way they can revive themselves from this death march is for Prince William to find a new girl he treats like a princess and for Kate to find a new man who treats her like a Queen.

Now if this new girl happens to be a doe-eyed, pink-cheeked, teenage aristocrat and Protestant virgin who loves stuffed animals, works with children, and spends her weekends in the country with mother's pearl choker and a coterie of new Sloane Rangers instead of spending her nights in night clubs showing off her knickers, then yes, it will be Lady Diana Spencer all over again. This new girl will be what the people expect of a fairy-tale princess and she will grow up and into the next icon of her time. Whether or not she will be happy, that's another story. However, expect a royal soap opera since that is what sells papers.

When, exactly, did Miss Middleton flash her underwear? There's a difference between a picture taken at an unfortunate angle and a deliberate showing of undies.:ermm:

We even forgave her when she drank too much and flashed a little black underwear

That is a great question since how can the British monarchy exist if it isn't popular with British taxpayers who are becoming increasingly Republican?

This is a totally false statement, the British taxpayers are not becoming increasingly republican. Infact the support for a republic in the UK, (as evidenced by repeated surveys over the years) has remained static at less than 10%.

The highest support for a republic in the UK was actually during the reign of Queen Victoria after she withdrew from public life with the death of Albert. (the 1860s)

Diana's death didn't 'shake the monarchy' it barely moved, there was no great increase support for a republic, nor was there after the abdication of Edward VIII.

This is a totally false statement, the British taxpayers are not becoming increasingly republican. Infact the support for a republic in the UK, (as evidenced by repeated surveys over the years) has remained static at less than 10%.

The highest support for a republic in the UK was actually during the reign of Queen Victoria after she withdrew from public life with the death of Albert. (the 1860s)

Diana's death didn't 'shake the monarchy' it barely moved, there was no great increase support for a republic, nor was there after the abdication of Edward VIII.

Quite right. There does not appear to be any groundswell of republicanism in the UK

That is a great question since how can the British monarchy exist if it isn't popular with British taxpayers who are becoming increasingly Republican?

As other posters have said your statement is false as of 2009 an ICM poll, commission by the BBC, found that 76% of those asked wanted the monarchy to continue after the Queen, against 18% of people who said they would favour Britain becoming a republic and 6% who said they did not know.

We even forgave her when she drank too much and flashed a little black underwear or when that God awful uncle turned up selling stories, cocaine and women less fortunate than his niece. We forgave her but we didn't forget either. It was the first chip at her mystique.

1. Who is the "we" you keep referring to?
2. When did she flash her underwear?
3. Her uncle didn't seel the stories as far as I can remember, he was discovered.

Then Kate gave up looking for a job for the routine of a kept women: Gym, tan, shop, party, travel, and follow my man around with fierce vigilance. Suddenly, the college grad was kind of a bimbo. An odd sort of bimbo since her lifestyle isn't bank-rolled by her royal lover but her upper middle-class parents. Was she receiving a commission every time Party Pieces is mentioned in an article about William and Kate's relationship? Here was a deeper chip at her mystique.

When Kate has gone on holiday she has gone with her parents or with William, I see no problem with that. I've never seen her go into the gym, and wish a body like hers she doesn't need to. As to whether she was recieving a commission I doubt we'll ever know, but she has worked for her parents company and earned a wage.

Dating since 2001, the relationship now seems tired and jaded. You never see them kiss, laugh or hold hands together. Instead, he looks sadly oblivious to how much he is hurting this girl and she looks too hard to care. If he has made her into a bimbo by refusing to be honest with her, then she has made him into a cad for not walking out on him sooner. The only way they can revive themselves from this death march is for Prince William to find a new girl he treats like a princess and for Kate to find a new man who treats her like a Queen.

Wow, you are making serious assumptions here. Like "William is hurting Kate" How do you know this? "Refusing to be honest with her" about what exactly?
IMO either person is strong enough to walk away from this relationship if they so wished.
I don't think I have ever noticed a public display of affection from any members of the royal family, except of the balcony on weddings days. Royals don't do displays, especially the British. Plus what does it matter?

Now if this new girl happens to be a doe-eyed, pink-cheeked, teenage aristocrat and Protestant virgin who loves stuffed animals, works with children, and spends her weekends in the country with mother's pearl choker and a coterie of new Sloane Rangers instead of spending her nights in night clubs showing off her knickers, then yes, it will be Lady Diana Spencer all over again.

How can you assume that somebody like that would turn out to be like Lady Diana? William would not make the same mistake as his father, and I think it's harsh that you have assumed that.

This new girl will be what the people expect of a fairy-tale princess and she will grow up and into the next icon of her time. Whether or not she will be happy, that's another story. However, expect a royal soap opera since that is what sells papers.

You are assuming that there will be a new girl obviously, not everyone will "expect her to be a fairytale princess" they will expect her to be a good wife to William, a mother to her children and act accordingly to how her country sees fit. Grow up? How old do you expect this "new girl" to be?

I doubt very very much that William's wife will be an Icon, and nothing on the scale of Diana.

Quite right. There does not appear to be any groundswell of republicanism in the UK

Agree with both statments, IMO the only time I thought something would happen was when Charles married Camilla.

Please provide supporting evidence on how the Middleton's use the press.

While there are lots of anti-Middleton articles in the tabloids, especially in the Daily Mail, the Middletons have found their niche in the sugar mags, especially HELLO. They have done several HELLO exclusives, eg James for his bakery, introducing Pippa as socialite and not to forget Kate during her sisterhood project.
Needless to say that HELLO isnt getting tired of presenting the family as "hardworking" and "normal" and a perfect match for William, suggesting that a wedding is a done deal, citing "close friends" praising their attitude and mentioning their family business between the lines countless times.

They know how to influence and they have never hesitated to go for it, when they get the chance, subtile enough not to annoy the Royal House, of course. Because the masterplan is to get that ring what takes priority above everything.

Muriel Quite right. There does not appear to be any groundswell of republicanism in the UK
Wait until QEII is no more. Charles will have to fasten his seatbelt and he will have to say goodbye to various privileges that have only been kept so far out of respect for HM. Charles will be the first modern monarch to be openly questioned and I also believe that the anti Camilla resentment will come through again, people not wanting her to bear the title Queen, there already is a separate thread for this topic.

No, Kate will not be more popular than Diana.

The only thing that she will be better at is boring people to death.

I wasn't aware that Diana was good at boring people to death.;)

Well considering Kate hasn't got any competition, isn't really fair that contest. ;)

Whose idea whas this?

May I change the question? Will she be popular???

Hopefully Kate will not become more popular than Diana. Her popularity didn't bring her any happiness.
Hopefully William & Kate will enjoy a quieter and happier life than Charles & Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom