The Duchess of Cambridge: Will she become more popular than Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their popularity will rise also as they take on more and more duties for the Queen. I think its going to be a gradual thing over the next couple of decades as the Queen takes things much easier and Charles gets more "hands on" into his role as King.

You could be right but I am thinking of Queen Victoria who never let her heir take anything over, she trusted a younger son far more and it was a constant complaint of Edward VII (or Bertie) that he wasn´t allowed to see papers and least of all help with the boxes.

Oh dear . . . . no marriage nor even an engagement and we are debating whether poor old Kate will be more popular than Diana! :bang:

Who knows or can even guess? If or when William and Kate actually even get engaged we might have something tangible to quibble about but until then it's worth saving your breath to cool your porrige. It is worth noting that Prince Carl Philip of Sweden just ended a "relationship" as old, if not older than William's so until she's got a ring on her finger it's all a bit previous. :D

You could be right but I am thinking of Queen Victoria who never let her heir take anything over, she trusted a younger son far more and it was a constant complaint of Edward VII (or Bertie) that he wasn´t allowed to see papers and least of all help with the boxes.

I think HM is conscience of her duties as her monarch, as well as the need to have an orderly succession in time - so the current arrangements between HM and Charles will tread the right balance.

Oh dear . . . . no marriage nor even an engagement and we are debating whether poor old Kate will be more popular than Diana! :bang:

Who knows or can even guess? If or when William and Kate actually even get engaged we might have something tangible to quibble about but until then it's worth saving your breath to cool your porrige. It is worth noting that Prince Carl Philip of Sweden just ended a "relationship" as old, if not older than William's so until she's got a ring on her finger it's all a bit previous. :D

Not only a ring on her finger, we haven´t ever seen any sign of HM even acknowledging her presence. It is often mentioned that Sophie lived with Edward before their marriage but it was also said that this was in Buckingham Palace and with the Queen´s consent. I have seen no outward signs that Kate has HM´s approval. When the official notice comes from Buckingham Palace then I will believe all this talk of marriage, but then I make no secret of the fact I hope that never happens as in my opinion she seems most unsuitable and so far I haven´t heard of Prince William saying that Kate is non negotiable. If discretion was the number one requirement, well fine, but there are other points to be considered besides dressing appropriately and being available for holidays and outings. I think that Kate would feel even more lost in Buckingham Palace than either Sarah or Diana said they felt. They at least had known the royal family all their lives.

Not only a ring on her finger, we haven´t ever seen any sign of HM even acknowledging her presence. It is often mentioned that Sophie lived with Edward before their marriage but it was also said that this was in Buckingham Palace and with the Queen´s consent. I have seen no outward signs that Kate has HM´s approval. When the official notice comes from Buckingham Palace then I will believe all this talk of marriage, but then I make no secret of the fact I hope that never happens as in my opinion she seems most unsuitable and so far I haven´t heard of Prince William saying that Kate is non negotiable. If discretion was the number one requirement, well fine, but there are other points to be considered besides dressing appropriately and being available for holidays and outings. I think that Kate would feel even more lost in Buckingham Palace than either Sarah or Diana said they felt. They at least had known the royal family all their lives.

I do not have a sense of how many times Kate has met Hm, or how much time they might have spent together, but Kate certainly appears to be very comfortable in the company of Charles and Camilla as has been evidenced by pictures on a number of diffferent occassions.

Who is "they" you are referring to? What has been frozen?

The being the general public, and the Civil List being frozen again.

This thread has been open for 4 years.
Prince Carl-Philip is 31, and he finished his relationship with Emma Pernauld which lasted 8 years I think in 2008. He is now dating someone else.

We've been told numerous times that she's been invited to tea or to christmas. Honestly we are never going to know because we aren't going to get any pictures are we?
Also, Kate has been at three I think of William's military events, two of which The Queen was at. Kate was there when William became a Knight of The Garter. I honestly do think they have met.

I think Kate would fit in better than Sarah and Diana, she's had 8 years to get used to what life is going to be like and she seems fairly suited to it.
What do you mean by Kate being non-negotiable, on what grounds?

The being the general public, and the Civil List being frozen again.

I am struggling to get to the point you are making. Charles does not draw from the Civil List, so the CL being frozen has no impact on his finances whatsoever. Are we missing something here?

Oh yes I know he doesn't recieve any funding, but they have been talking about his money.
And they made such a big fuss over it just being frozen.

Who is "they" you are referring to? What has been frozen?

I am struggling to get to the point you are making. Charles does not draw from the Civil List, so the CL being frozen has no impact on his finances whatsoever. Are we missing something here?

My first comment about the big fuss, had nothing to do with Charles, I was referring to the Civil List. I said I knew that the Civil List had nothing to do with Charles.

My first comment about the big fuss, had nothing to do with Charles, I was referring to the Civil List. I said I knew that the Civil List had nothing to do with Charles.

Clearly we had crossed wires there!

I was just going to ask if Canada was actually that close to seperating? When The Queen toured Canada recently, I didn't think there was much animosty against the monarchy.

Also can anybody answer if Australian is really that close? I can think it's closer than Canada?

i don't recall there being any animosity towards HM during her visit here in canada. while the crowds weren't huge they were certainly enthusiastic. as for separating...there's been no talk of separation on this side of the pond that i'm aware of.

Kate does not talk to the press, I understand William does not have a huge affection for the media, and I understand why. We know very little about her really, I would need to search internet to hear her voice, for example. Perhaps this works against her in that she seems remote, more than portraying "royal mystique", it's as if she lives in this huge bubble. We see her but we cannot come too near, listen to her or 'engage' with her on any level.

I agree, we see her but we do not hear her, hence it is always easy for the press to attribute personality traits to her

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been told numerous times that she's been invited to tea or to christmas. Honestly we are never going to know because we aren't going to get any pictures are we?
Also, Kate has been at three I think of William's military events, two of which The Queen was at. Kate was there when William became a Knight of The Garter. I honestly do think they have met.

We know that Kate was at William's graduation from uni, graduation from Sandhurst, Garter celebration - where she stood with Harry and Camilla - at Peter Philip's wedding without William and I am sure there was another but I can't remember it.

I really don't think she would have been at these events without having met the Queen, like you.

I do think that to some people unless there is photographic evidence then they haven't met but if people would only use their common sense they would realise that they have to have met at least on a couple of occasions. They may not have had deep and meaningful conversations but they certainly will have met.

For once you and I are in agreement.

That makes it three of us in agreement! :flowers:

This is so true. In a way, she's acting 180 degrees differently than William's mother did during her courtship. If she marries William, I think that she will be quite a different Princess; and, although that might be a bit "boring", it could be a very good thing in the long run.:flowers:

Kate does not talk to the press, I understand William does not have a huge affection for the media, and I understand why...We see her but we cannot come too near, listen to her or 'engage' with her on any level.

I agree. I think Kate will have a good role model in Mary of Denmark, and how she has conducted herself. I also think Sophie has done very well (other than the incident with fake sheikh) in the last 15 odd years.

I think Kate is not popular at all. She was popular a few years ago...I liked her... but not anymore. She is a very lazy girl who never really worked in her life. How can she be a good addition to the royals? Even William`s image started to get worse...
I agree she`ll never be in the same class as Diana but Kate is also NOT like Princess Mary!! Mary had a career, an own life before she married her prince. She achieved something on her own and now Marry works very hard.
Kate will be like Camilla... a little bit of shopping, a little bit of hunting and 50 or 60 appointments per year while Charles and the rest of the family does 400-5oo, despite managing the Duchy of Cornwall, his trust and other charities.
Sorry, Kate is a pretty girl and may be funny or nice or whatever but she is not respected by the public. And that would be more important for the future Queen of England. Sure, she is loyal and doesn´t sell William to the press. But if Kate did William would drop her in the same minute.:whistling:

We know that Kate was at William's graduation from uni, graduation from Sandhurst, Garter celebration - where she stood with Harry and Camilla - at Peter Philip's wedding without William and I am sure there was another but I can't remember it.

I really don't think she would have been at these events without having met the Queen, like you.

I do think that to some people unless there is photographic evidence then they haven't met but if people would only use their common sense they would realise that they have to have met at least on a couple of occasions. They may not have had deep and meaningful conversations but they certainly will have met.

For once you and I are in agreement.

Thank you for agreeing with me, I was hoping you would.

I think Kate is not popular at all. She was popular a few years ago...I liked her... but not anymore. She is a very lazy girl who never really worked in her life. How can she be a good addition to the royals? Even William`s image started to get worse...
I agree she`ll never be in the same class as Diana but Kate is also NOT like Princess Mary!! Mary had a career, an own life before she married her prince. She achieved something on her own and now Marry works very hard.
Kate will be like Camilla... a little bit of shopping, a little bit of hunting and 50 or 60 appointments per year while Charles and the rest of the family does 400-5oo, despite managing the Duchy of Cornwall, his trust and other charities.
Sorry, Kate is a pretty girl and may be funny or nice or whatever but she is not respected by the public. And that would be more important for the future Queen of England. Sure, she is loyal and doesn´t sell William to the press. But if Kate did William would drop her in the same minute.:whistling:

How do you know she has never really worked? She has for her parents.
How has William's image started to get worse? Whats wrong with him?

Mary was 32 when she married, and she had dated her prince for 4 years, before then she lived on a different continent. The Danish press are not as intrusive as our own and Mary was able to have her own job.
Mary has been a Crown Princess for 6 years, of course she works hard.
When has Camilla been seen shopping since she married? She's been hunting since she was a child, what's wrong with that?
Camilla does a lot more than 60, check the royal engagement site on the BRF webiste, she might not do 400 but she does triple figures. Charles has staff to manage his charities and the duchy, he doesn't do it single handed.
How do you know she is not respected by the public? Have you met every member of the british public?
Why the added William dropping her in it? That is assuming she is going to talk, and why on earth would she?

This is in response to the general question of whether Kate is doing the right or the wrong thing by staying out of the media. Up until Diana, I think people saw attention to duty as one of the most important aspects of the British monarch and his spouse. They also believed the monarch should have a certain "way with the people" (eg. George VI was criticized for his diffidence and his stammer, and people appreciated his wife Elizabeth for her confidence and a sunnier personality).

But when Diana came along, the media turned her into a superstar--and this was something she encouraged. That ended disastrously, but I think Diana along with Sarah permanently changed the attitudes of the people towards the monarchy. I think the British people today don`t have the same appreciation for the duties of the monarch or the same patience for moral misbehaviour. I think that`s actually true of all public figures today. To be respected as a monarch in the future, I think anyone after Queen Elizabeth is going to have a daunting task especially because the Queen is such a hard act to follow. A future Queen Consort is going to have to have impeccable moral character (no scandals or skeletons in the closet), be visibly hard-working (ie. few vacations, perform a high number of public engagements a year), and as if that all weren`t enough, have an engaging, warm personality that people respond to.

I basically don`t think Kate is going to be a popular Princess of Wales or Queen Consort by just being discreet, looking pretty, and performing the minimum number of public duties necessary. Because of the financial crisis, I think people`s tolerance for "the elites" has been worn down and I think that might be a permanent change. To me, Kate hasn`t so far shown herself to have the qualities that will make for a truly popular Princess of Wales. But she could surprise me. I just don`t think "the press" is a valid excuse for her not to get more involved in charities, etc. Kate`s going to have to deal with the media if she marries William, and there are ways of making positive headlines--press attention itself doesn`t always have to be negative. As William`s girlfriend for 7 years, Kate has had an opportunity to show herself as someone who would make a good ambassador for England, and so far I don`t think she`s done that.

I basically don`t think Kate is going to be a popular Princess of Wales or Queen Consort by just being discreet, looking pretty, and performing the minimum number of public duties necessary. Because of the financial crisis, I think people`s tolerance for "the elites" has been worn down and I think that might be a permanent change. To me, Kate hasn`t so far shown herself to have the qualities that will make for a truly popular Princess of Wales. But she could surprise me. I just don`t think "the press" is a valid excuse for her not to get more involved in charities, etc. Kate`s going to have to deal with the media if she marries William, and there are ways of making positive headlines--press attention itself doesn`t always have to be negative. As William`s girlfriend for 7 years, Kate has had an opportunity to show herself as someone who would make a good ambassador for England, and so far I don`t think she`s done that.

You seem to be assuming that Kate will continue as she is now if she gets the ring on her finger and we really don't know if that will be the case.

I do see her doing a lot of duties and working with a lot of charities if and when she enters the Firm but to do so beforehand would be rather presumptuous - as if she was saying 'Well I am the future Queen so I will do the things that a future Queen should/can do even though I am simply the girlfriend of the future King'. Until she is definitely in that position she should be doing what she is currently doing - being discreet (which I hope she will be all her life - we don't need another media circus), keeping a low profile and supporting her family and William.

I do see her doing a lot of duties and working with a lot of charities if and when she enters the Firm but to do so beforehand would be rather presumptuous - as if she was saying 'Well I am the future Queen so I will do the things that a future Queen should/can do even though I am simply the girlfriend of the future King'. Until she is definitely in that position she should be doing what she is currently doing - being discreet (which I hope she will be all her life - we don't need another media circus), keeping a low profile and supporting her family and William.

Of course charity work would be presumptuous on her part, but I am sure that doing work connected to her degree would be a good start and to stop having so many holidays and, at least giving the impression that she is at William´s beck and call. She is not royal and up until now there is no guarantee that she ever will be, as to not being very popular with the British public, if you read the comments under any articles about her or William you will see they are not the adoring public that some people on TRF would like to believe. She is criticised by the "people" and these are the subjects of her Majesty of whom she would be the Queen. I also find that William is not as popular as he used to be, all this by reading the newspapers of course, but not what the journalists have written,but what the so called ordinary citizens have written.
If they have taken the time to write it shows they are interested and the general opinion seems to be that they would not be that keen on Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. In fact the only place I have read about people being anxious for a wedding is TRF.:ermm:

You seem to be assuming that Kate will continue as she is now if she gets the ring on her finger and we really don't know if that will be the case.

We agree again, she is obviously going to change when she gets married because she has gone from being a commoner to a princess. Surely she realises that.
And like you say, to be doing masses of things before she even has a ring on her finger is a bit presumptous because she has no idea whether she is going to be dumped tommorow or have a ring on her finger in a year.
I think the fact that she has been discreet to the best of her ability over the past 8 years, she will be when she marries, she understands what is required.

I really like the fact that Kate has been very discreet and not saying a word about her relationship with William. It would have been very easy for her to do so when they took a break and she didn't.

Only time will tell how she will do as Princess and Queen. The Queen Mother and HM are good role models for her to follow and so are the Queens Sofia, Beatrix, Sonja, Margrethe, Paola, Silvia and GD Teresa. The CP's Victoria, Mathilde, Letizia, Mary, Maxima and Mette Merit. I think she'll be fine. With William, Harry, Sophie, Beatrice, Eugenie's and the rest of the BRF's help she'll be fine.

I think it's very good that Kate is discreet. Diana was not discreet and in the worst way--it's one thing to talk about your in-laws a la Sarah Ferguson, and another thing to make sure everyone thinks they're awful people, which is pretty much what Diana tried to do. If Kate stays clear of that, I do think that she'll be more popular than Diana within the royal family at least, and among supporters of the BRF.

I just think discretion is not the only quality a princess needs. So far, the only thing I know about Kate is that she can be discreet and that she seems loyal to William. Whether or not she can engage the public or be seen as hard-working is a different matter. So far I think people don't see her as someone who is doing much with her time, which proves that total absence from the media doesn't necessarily give positive headlines either. It's disappointing to me that Kate doesn't seem to be doing anything with her time except working for her parents' business. I guess, if I knew my boyfriend would become king someday, and I'd been dating him for 7 years, I'd be thinking about ways I could start preparing for my future role now--whether it be learning different languages or getting involved in causes I'd want to take on more fully as Princess of Wales/Queen.

But I'm not Kate! And I know I shouldn't be judging her until/if she marries William. Right now she's still a private citizen and the truth is, we really don't know what she does with her time. Everything about Kate is pretty much speculation at this point.

Think, we all agree that the best thing about Kate is that she is discrete. But does she have a choice??? If she talked to the press William would dump her! Kate HAS to be discrete about her relationship or she wouldn´t be there anymore.
People can judge her by her actions, in the end what you do shows who you are...not what some people imagine Kate to be. And she´s in the spotlight for eight years. Kate always looked like she loved the limelight, smiling and posing for the paps, even when she complained later.
Kate´s problem is CREDIBILITY. Of course, she has to start doing something when she is married to William. But nobody will believe that she means it honestely...or cares much.
After university Kate took a long break, almost two years or so. When her image started to get worse, William or whoever told her to get a job. She worked 3days a week for 9 or 10months or so. The owner of the company told that not me. Then long break again....and that aliby job for her parents which she already quit again. Kate has the image of a really lazy wannabe-princess and that is bad for someone who is running for Queen.
Public doesn´t believe that she ever worked 40hours a week for PartyPieces. How could she when there were pics of her on holidays and long weekend trips every month during that time. After all that time, Kate simply looks like someone who only cares for her look, holidaying, partying and to live on the public purse. It´s the British monarchy not Pop Idol.:ermm:
William doesn´t have to marry an aristocratic virgin like his father and people haven´t expected Kate Middleton to be perfect or holy. Just to live like a normal women of her age. Great when she had much fun and loves holidays, but most people do that next to a job. :cool:

Kate has had an opportunity to show herself as someone who would make a good ambassador for England, and so far I don`t think she`s done that.

Why should she? There is absolutely no reason that she needs to be anything than herself right now. The downside to her life right now as I see it is taking criticism for not working a "real" job... doing something with her life other than play Waity Katie. Part of her discretion is keeping out of the public eye as much as possible and being low key. Should she even get any kind of a job, she and her employers would probably be heckled to death by the press and who knows what kind of stories they'd drum up.

We're not that far removed from the times where a well heeled woman like Kate did the "season" after an education solely to polish them off to be able to shine nicely in society, set a fine table and be a mother and wife. Right now I think things are exactly as William and Kate want it to be. They know what is ahead of them and I do think they will definitely shine and do the BRF proud.

These two are not in the entertainment business and feels that their private life is just that.. private. As a royal couple I see this continuing with us knowing very little what goes on behind closed doors in their private lives. No media circus with these two.

So far I think people don't see her as someone who is doing much with her time, which proves that total absence from the media doesn't necessarily give positive headlines either. It's disappointing to me that Kate doesn't seem to be doing anything with her time except working for her parents' business. I guess, if I knew my boyfriend would become king someday, and I'd been dating him for 7 years, I'd be thinking about ways I could start preparing for my future role now--whether it be learning different languages or getting involved in causes I'd want to take on more fully as Princess of Wales/Queen.

Why should she do all these things, until she is engaged? Mary and Marie of Denmark, never learnt Danish until they were engaged to their husbands. As I have said before if she gets involved with causes, with charities, which by the way she has done, the press are going to jump on that and say that she is getting ready for an engagement, she knows she is going to be William's wife, and when it doesn't happen people aren't going to be happy.

Think, we all agree that the best thing about Kate is that she is discrete. But does she have a choice??? If she talked to the press William would dump her! Kate HAS to be discrete about her relationship or she wouldn´t be there anymore.

You've given her a choice, she can be discrete or leave, Kate obviously doesn't want to leave so she's being discrete. But she could leave and then tell everything to the press, she could have done that during their split in 2007, but she didn't.

People can judge her by her actions, in the end what you do shows who you are...not what some people imagine Kate to be. And she´s in the spotlight for eight years. Kate always looked like she loved the limelight, smiling and posing for the paps, even when she complained later.

What is she suppose to do in front of the paps? Look unhappy and shout at them, it is quite obvious that no one, especially royals and people around them like the paps, but what else can she do but smile? If she doesn't they are automatically going to think something is wrong and print more stories about her.

Kate´s problem is CREDIBILITY. Of course, she has to start doing something when she is married to William. But nobody will believe that she means it honestely...or cares much.
After university Kate took a long break, almost two years or so. When her image started to get worse, William or whoever told her to get a job. She worked 3days a week for 9 or 10months or so. The owner of the company told that not me. Then long break again....and that aliby job for her parents which she already quit again. Kate has the image of a really lazy wannabe-princess and that is bad for someone who is running for Queen.
Public doesn´t believe that she ever worked 40hours a week for PartyPieces. How could she when there were pics of her on holidays and long weekend trips every month during that time. After all that time, Kate simply looks like someone who only cares for her look, holidaying, partying and to live on the public purse. It´s the British monarchy not Pop Idol.:ermm:
William doesn´t have to marry an aristocratic virgin like his father and people haven´t expected Kate Middleton to be perfect or holy. Just to live like a normal women of her age. Great when she had much fun and loves holidays, but most people do that next to a job. :cool:

You have no idea what people will think of her when and if she becomes engaged to the Prince, or can you predict the future?
How long was this apparent break after University? Where did she go?
Why is it that you assume, someone told her to get a job and she did not get one of her own accord, i'm sure she is pretty capable of that.
Lots of people only work 3 days a week, nothing wrong with that and if she decided to quit for whatever reason, that is her perogative obviously the job at Jigsaw was not right for her. She isn't running to be the future Queen, she is dating Prince William, that is all she is doing at the moment. If she marries him, then she knows she will be the future Queen of England.
Have you spoken to every single member of the public, and asked them if they believe Kate Middleton works 40 hours a week for Party Pieces, because if not, then you have no right to say what other people believe. And please tell me where your evidence is that she goes on holiday every week or weekend, last time I checked it was New Year when she was up in Scotland with William. Not even having left the country. What money does she get to live on from the public purse at the moment, umm none I believe. When was the last time you saw her in a nightclub? I ask again when was the last time she was on holiday?
Kate can't live like a normal woman, she is dating the future King, at the moment we know she is in Wales living with William, we don't know if she is still working for her parents, but it is more than likely. But again you don't see her falling out of nightclubs in wales every night do you?

After all that time, Kate simply looks like someone who only cares for her look, holidaying, partying and to live on the public purse.

Even if she does marry William she won't be living on the public purse. When William becomes King she will be eligible for a payment from the Civil List to cover the expenses involved with being the Queen Consort. At that time the majority of her income will come from William's income from the Duchy of Lancaster estate.

Until then her income will come from the Duchy of Cornwall estate either directly - when William becomes Duke of Cornwall when his father inheritst the throne - or indirectly in the form of whatever allowance Charles makes for William as a married man from that same estate. She will also have access to the income William gets from his inheritance from Diana's estate.

Is anyone else not impressed with Kate's work shy attitude - I don't think she has had a "proper" job since leaving uni - not exactly a good role model for the future !

Why should she do all these things, until she is engaged? Mary and Marie of Denmark, never learnt Danish until they were engaged to their husbands. As I have said before if she gets involved with causes, with charities, which by the way she has done, the press are going to jump on that and say that she is getting ready for an engagement, she knows she is going to be William's wife, and when it doesn't happen people aren't going to be happy.

You've given her a choice, she can be discrete or leave, Kate obviously doesn't want to leave so she's being discrete. But she could leave and then tell everything to the press, she could have done that during their split in 2007, but she didn't.

What is she suppose to do in front of the paps? Look unhappy and shout at them, it is quite obvious that no one, especially royals and people around them like the paps, but what else can she do but smile? If she doesn't they are automatically going to think something is wrong and print more stories about her.

You have no idea what people will think of her when and if she becomes engaged to the Prince, or can you predict the future?
How long was this apparent break after University? Where did she go?
Why is it that you assume, someone told her to get a job and she did not get one of her own accord, i'm sure she is pretty capable of that.
Lots of people only work 3 days a week, nothing wrong with that and if she decided to quit for whatever reason, that is her perogative obviously the job at Jigsaw was not right for her. She isn't running to be the future Queen, she is dating Prince William, that is all she is doing at the moment. If she marries him, then she knows she will be the future Queen of England.
Have you spoken to every single member of the public, and asked them if they believe Kate Middleton works 40 hours a week for Party Pieces, because if not, then you have no right to say what other people believe. And please tell me where your evidence is that she goes on holiday every week or weekend, last time I checked it was New Year when she was up in Scotland with William. Not even having left the country. What money does she get to live on from the public purse at the moment, umm none I believe. When was the last time you saw her in a nightclub? I ask again when was the last time she was on holiday?
Kate can't live like a normal woman, she is dating the future King, at the moment we know she is in Wales living with William, we don't know if she is still working for her parents, but it is more than likely. But again you don't see her falling out of nightclubs in wales every night do you?

Please pardon my ignorance, but does one need to be accorded special rights - by you or anyone - in order to post an opinion, even if it is one with which you don't like? :bang: Is this an opinion forum on royals and their associates or not? Perhaps I'm in the wrong place.

I think this lady makes some valid points. This isn't a court, so the same rules of evidence do not apply. Come to think of it: not even in a criminal court would one have to provide evidence from every single citizen to order to have a submission accepted. :ohmy:

However, the matter of 'credibility' holds true in this case. Credibility is peripheral to evidence; it's how judges (in my country, at least) actually decide cases when there is a lack of irrefutable evidence in civil cases. And, sometimes, it's used as an adjunct to decisions and obviously to assess whether or not a witness can be trusted (ie has credibility).

This poster makes a valid point: Kate doesn't have any credibility because there is no evidence that she has really worked a day in her life. The odd sighting of her rifling through boxes or attending some seminar do not count.

However, regarding the matter of whether or not specific posters - including you - wish to believe that she does is entirely different. :flowers:

I'm sorry, but you come across as being very harsh on this poster; I hope that this poster will not be too intimidated to return, as I happen to think she makes valid points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom