The Duchess of Cambridge Picture Thread: All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first photo gave me the impression that I was looking at Crown Princess Mary from Denmark.

Let's face it : it' just gorgeous.
Indeed, i see nods to Beaton and Winterhalter, but yet with a modern twist.
Above all, i see a very beautiful woman, blooming at 40 and obviously at ease in her role as a spouse , mother and a key membre of the BRF.

I like it very, very much.

I agree with everything you said. The pictures are beautiful!

The more I look at these the more my feelings towards them keep evolving. I despise/adore the glamour shot - it's fun as a private photo but I dread the resurgence of 80s style glamour shots due to this photo ?

The red dress photo is excellent as a fashion shot; the gown is the star of that shot. The color, fabric, texture, and pleats of that gown are so exquisite, and it takes center stage. You can tell the photographer has been working in fashion for years. Unfortunately, the color and texture of the rest of the photo drowns out the duchess even though she looks charming and carefree.

The profile shot with the engagement ring is the resounding success here. It perfectly captures what the Duchess wanted which was bringing the past into the present. Its paired back in a very 21st century way while still evoking Queen Alexandra and Empress Sisi. It also delights me to know how keen and influenced the Duchess is by past royal woman. She is very aware of her role and woman who have filled it before her. This is the picture that people will continue to look back on years from now.

Glamour Poses

Long time lurker, first time post.

Retro glamour shots was my first impression when I saw the first two photos, and to me they don't look like Duchess Catherine, but then again, glamour shots often didn't look like the "real" person anyway.

Not a fan of the profile shot either, which for some strange reason, immediately reminded me of Queen Victoria. NOT that Catherine looks at all like Queen Victoria, but something about the photo just said Queen Victoria to me. Go figure.

The best photo is with the red dress, BUT cropped...a lot. As shown, what jumps out at me is the "hot air balloon" sleeve, and not Catherine's face, which really should be the focus.

royalfandome you are right and it's the technique the photos were made with which reminded you of victoria. 19th century style.
I read somewhere Kate's diploma was related to this period and she is very much into this.

I like the pictures, and she's so beautiful in them! Gorgeous! Especially the timeless one! However, I must say that I didn't feel Catherine in them, if you know what I mean. It misses that Catherine vibe. But they're pretty and she looks good.

In my view the photos are an attempt to situate the DoC in the context of the BRF and William's eventual succession. I don't mind the style, but my first thought was that they were heavily edited ("airbrushed") and/or overlit. The images seem rather flat to me, I think that is the reason.

It is nitpicking though. She is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom