The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumped & grabbed the iPad after hearing the BBC News Alert. No Baby news, but instead that a plot by extremists to attack the Vatican has been foiled. Not the first time I've been woken up by that thing this week thinking that maybe this time.... :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

False "Official" Announcement

Anyone else get the false information "Kensington Palace have confirmed" about DoC being in labour around half hour or so ago ? Nothing on the news about it.

The daily email from The Royal Forums I received today noted Kensington Palace has confirmed the Duchess has been admitted to hospital. But when I click on the link I get a message the page is not found.

Can anyone help me understand what that was all about?

:previous:

I'll copy this over to this thread as well, just in case it gets bypassed:

Hello everyone!

This message pertains to anyone who is subscribed to receive email notifications from the TRF Blog.

A glitch in our software a short time ago resulted in an entry being prepared to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to hospital being published instead of saving as a draft. Despite fixing the error on the blog and Twitter immediately, because of the automated set-up of the blog, I was unable to stop the email notification from being sent out.

As of right now, to our knowledge the Duchess of Cambridge is not in labour and has not been admitted to St Mary's.

My sincere apologies to everyone who gets their hopes up - or has a small heart attack like I did! - when opening the email.

I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Technology is brilliant, yet terrible at times.

Well, I liked idea that could be true.

I was getting prepared for when it's actually go time, and something went awry and the entry published instead of saving. Cue small heart attack and mad scrambling.

Who of us has not sent something out that they did not intend to?

Like you, JessRulz, I have a love hate relationship with technology. I love it when it works and I hate it when is screws something up. Thank you for the clarification.

Haha, wow. That's one heck of a time for technology to screw up :p Hahah

Tell me about it! You know that feeling where you just want to crawl underneath a rock and never come out? That's been me for the past hour. (Although, at least I didn't declare anyone falsely dead…)

:hiding:

Anyone else get the false information "Kensington Palace have confirmed" about DoC being in labour around half hour or so ago ? Nothing on the news about it.
Yes, I saw it on Facebook.

It would be funny if it turned out be true. Hahaha I hope she has it soon.

I'd be surprised if the baby is born in May. The parking restriction ends at the end of April and I'm sure they took the due date plus time for her to be overdue and need induced into the equation.

I'm terrible with math and never had children. Can we already consider she's overdue, taking the pregnancy announcement into consideration?

We don't know her due date. Maybe it's 25, 27, 28. Any way, a prolonged prenancy is defined as one that lasts longer than 42 weeks. So maybe we have to wait until the mid-May. I wonder if Catherine has a tendency to slightly overdue or it's just a very good medical care?(baby still feels comfortable within)

I'm terrible with math and never had children. Can we already consider she's overdue, taking the pregnancy announcement into consideration?

Yes I think it safe to say she most likely overdue. Her Due Date was Mid April which was the 10th to the 20th. It is now the 24th.

So that mean she now 40-42 weeks. However I think it highly unlikely she 42 Weeks, I would be surprise if they let her get that far. If she was due the 10th she would be 42 weeks today but again I would be surprise if they let it get this far with nothing.

So she is probably somewhere in the middle of 40-41 weeks. If she was due Monday she now 4 days overdue. If she doesn't give Birth by Sunday evening I predict a birth sometime form the early part to the middle of next week. By this point next week she would be 41 weeks.

4 days is still safe. But I was hoping she would give birth little earlier this time.

Thank you all for the information.

I was thinking she was going to give birth early this week. It'll be soon, sure. I don't think she'll still be pregnant by wednesday next week.

I just love it that this little unborn person has stumped us all! I do hope that mom and dad and Cheeks are not as anxious as we all are! :flowers:

Maybe a "May Day" baby? Wouldn't that be sweet!
I thought so as well. ;) I don't know if we will wait until then, it seems a bit far in the future, but you never know, because we all thought the baby was already here by now .

I don't think she is already at 40 weeks. I did remenber that this time around the pregnancy annoucement was earlier than with George, because this time her illness stroke her sooner than last time. Maybe she was around 5/6 weeks then, which makes her around 38/39 weeks.

Thank you all for the information.

I was thinking she was going to give birth early this week. It'll be soon, sure. I don't think she'll still be pregnant by wednesday next week.
Just after the announcement I thought she would give birth on 28th April.
Someone bet it would be the 26th.:ermm:
And how many people hoped she would give birth on 21st...

Last edited:
Just after the announcement I thought she would give birth on 28th April.
Someone bet it would be the 26th.:ermm:
And how many people hoped she would give birth on 21st...

She'll soon give birth, so you may be right.

I just noticed that wednesday (my predicted deadline) is their fourth wedding anniversary.

The court said she was due in April, wasn't she?
So let's suppose she is due on 30th April, and give ourselves a break.

She said herself she due mid to late April. To me that means anytime between 15 and 30 April. Going shopping doesn't mean anything. really. Pregnancy isn't a diseases.

Not sure how true this is, but the Telegraph says her due date was yesterday.

Royal baby: Is Kate Middleton already overdue? - Telegraph

The Duchess of Cambridge is already a day overdue with her second child, Whitehall sources have suggested, raising the possibility that her labour may be induced in the coming days.

Several reports have suggested that the Duchess's due date is Saturday, April 25, but Whitehall sources have told The Telegraph they were briefed that the due date was actually Thursday, April 23.

My prediction is that she'll give birth this weekend.

Last edited:
I think it is great for her to be out and about during her last few days of pregnancy if she can, there is nothing wrong with that.

Not sure how true this is, but the Telegraph says her due date was yesterday.

Royal baby: Is Kate Middleton already overdue? - Telegraph

All dates are speculation. Kensington Palace did not release a date nor did Catherine. Many people are saying her due date is April 25.

I am not sure what the fuss is about her due date exactly. A women can go into labour anytime, early or late. Im just glad that she has reached the end of her 9 months.

Last edited:
I think the fuss is because it gives people a date to focus on. I know I was constantly asked about my due date when I was pregnant. But like you said, babies arrive when they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom