The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry just can't see Kate letting William have it ��

sorry just can't see Kate letting William have it ��

Let's just hope that no photographer gets in her face as she walks to the hospital doors for admittance. At this stage of the game she could get away with just about anything. ;)

How awesome would it be if William and Catherine managed to sneak into the hospital without any press noticing and we woke up to a pleasant surprise announcement in the morning.

Yes the whole world should let them get into the hospital unnoticed. Then the world will only know once an official announcement is made.

I am in favour of this kind of a very important Royal announcement to be made in a very dignified and regal way. For example, have one member of the Royal Family or the Prime Minister to appear in a live televised announcement from Kensington Palace or inside a beautifully decorated room with flag or Royal emblem in the hospital, solely and officially announced the birth of this Royal heir to the Commonwealth and the whole world.

And then the media can go frenzy with whatever comments, easel or live visuals or celebrations of any sorts they wish but first it needs to be announced by the highest authority first like I suggested above. The one and only announcement to be repeated throughout the day.
They should have done this to the first born Prince George last time. And to any other future children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge if they decide to have more next time.

Yes the whole world should let them get into the hospital unnoticed. Then the world will only know once an official announcement is made.

I am in favour of this kind of a very important Royal announcement to be made in a very dignified and regal way. For example, have one member of the Royal Family or the Prime Minister to appear in a live televised announcement from Kensington Palace or inside a beautifully decorated room with flag or Royal emblem in the hospital, solely and officially announced the birth of this Royal heir to the Commonwealth and the whole world.

And then the media can go frenzy with whatever comments, easel or live visuals or celebrations of any sorts they wish but first it needs to be announced by the highest authority first like I suggested above. The one and only announcement to be repeated throughout the day.
They should have done this to the first born Prince George last time. And to any other future children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge if they decide to have more next time.

Totally agree! :flowers:

I think one of the reasons KP put the moratorium between 10pm and 8am is to keep it quiet during the night... for the patients as well as letting the press have the excuse to leave. having press with their lights on the street all through the night would be unsettling for all. None would want to be there - but none would let someone else get the exclusive.

Not quite what you have described, but in the Scandinavian countries like Sweden the name of any new prince or princess of the royal houve is actually announced on a council of state between the King and government ministers.

I think one of the reasons KP put the moratorium between 10pm and 8am is to keep it quiet during the night... for the patients as well as letting the press have the excuse to leave. having press with their lights on the street all through the night would be unsettling for all. None would want to be there - but none would let someone else get the exclusive.

I that was a good move. That way all patients have seem peace.
I am sure that there will be a few press/paparazzi's hanging around to report the news though. Even if KP won't report it between certain times, the press would.

There is a tradition for the official announcement of the Royal birth. It is a communication that is displayed just inside the gates of Buckingham Palace within minutes of the arrival. I'm not sure how long this tradition has been going but I know it used to be on a board attached to the gates but now it's a rather superior looking easel.

Here is some more information about it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cement-displayed-easel-Buckingham-Palace.html
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Probably did the math the way I did . Parking restrictions one week before the date and one week after the date .
Such so fast changing of minds really reflects on the reliability of their contents:whistling:

I saw those tweets. I'm not sure if they're just messing with everyone, or if they really know something. I'm leaning toward them just joking around.

No, she's not in the hospital yet. When she's admitted, Kensington Palace is going to release a statement.

I later thought it was because today is Saint George! So they simply tricked people again, perhaps?:ermm:

I am coming on this thread every day, But still nothing,

I think the birth will be for the next week end, I have the feeling.

I keep checking in periodically to see if anything is happening yet but my gut tells me exactly when it will. It will be when I am sound asleep and hubby hears the news first on CNN and gets to tell me. That's what happened when George was born.

Think I'll go take a nap.

I wonder how the news will be brought if Kate is admitted during the night time.

I'm interested when the medium said she talk to Diana's spirit daily,and that kate would be in labor and deliver on Saturday..this week and would have a girl..
Time will tell....

I still say May. Lets see and wait, but this is getting me nuts, because I keep checking this thread a few times a day

I like this idea as it shows consideration for the other patients.

I don't see a need for a formal announcement like this over the traditional way these births have been announced for centuries. Royalty is as much about tradition as anything else and the easel outside the palace is a tradition which should be maintained.

I see no need for any member of the Royal Family or the PM to be involved in the announcement.

A fancy room somewhere means that the public aren't involved and the easel means that the general public can be amongst the first to know rather than having to rely on the press.

This child is not an heir to the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth isn't a political body and it isn't a given that the monarch of the UK will be the Head of the Commonwealth. It is possible that Charles will replace his mother in that role but that will be determined by the Commonwealth heads when the time comes and as most of the countries of the Commonwealth are republics and some with no historical ties to the UK it is possible that they could change the way that position is determined.

As for 'heir' to the whole world - hardly. Most of the rest of the world see the BRF as a nice celebrity culture and nothing more.

The media frenzy will happen but why change a centuries old tradition to some rather impersonal person in an formal room somewhere.

The BRF are tradition bound.

The sight of the easel being put up is a powerful image of the tradition.

The only thing they got wrong last time was allowing the press pack to form outside the hospital at the beginning of July even after they had been told mid-late July.

This child is not an heir to the Commonwealth. ..................... As for 'heir' to the whole world - hardly. Most of the rest of the world see the BRF as a nice celebrity culture and nothing more.

I don't think that was what was meant. The poster said "announce the birth of this Royal heir to the Commonwealth and the whole world".
I read that as announcing the birth to the Commonwealth and the world.

I agree with the rest of what you said.

I'm interested when the medium said she talk to Diana's spirit daily,and that kate would be in labor and deliver on Saturday..this week and would have a girl..
Time will tell....

If the medium guessed correctly, some dumb talk show will have her on for more conversations with Diana.

Or she made a guess and was right... The baby is going to be one or the other and due soon.We don't need the ghost of DIana to visit to know that. Let someone give the exact time and weight and length and then we'll talk.

Well the pregnancy announcement was made nearly 33 weeks ago. So I am guessing she in her 39th week. ;)

I like this idea as it shows consideration for the other patients.

I don't see a need for a formal announcement like this over the traditional way these births have been announced for centuries. Royalty is as much about tradition as anything else and the easel outside the palace is a tradition which should be maintained.

I see no need for any member of the Royal Family or the PM to be involved in the announcement.

A fancy room somewhere means that the public aren't involved and the easel means that the general public can be amongst the first to know rather than having to rely on the press.

This child is not an heir to the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth isn't a political body and it isn't a given that the monarch of the UK will be the Head of the Commonwealth. It is possible that Charles will replace his mother in that role but that will be determined by the Commonwealth heads when the time comes and as most of the countries of the Commonwealth are republics and some with no historical ties to the UK it is possible that they could change the way that position is determined.

As for 'heir' to the whole world - hardly. Most of the rest of the world see the BRF as a nice celebrity culture and nothing more.

Of course the baby is not the heir to the Commonwealth or the world but the live televised official announcement is meant to inform the public worldwide about this Royal birth in a much more dignified and solemn way.

I have in mind something like the style of the official announcement of the Nobel Peace Prize. Apart from merely guessing, everyone completely knows nothing before the Chairman of the Nobel Committee steps into the microphone, makes the announcement and surprises the whole world.

In Monaco I think a few months ago, Prince Albert II announced the birth of his twin heirs in a televised address. In Brunei, the announcement of Royal birth is usually made by one of the members of the Royal Family in a televised address. In Britain I think the best person to make this announcement might be the current Lord Great Chamberlain the 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley whom we use to see during the State Opening of Parliament or any member of the Royal Family might be very good enough. It will be a very well-respected announcement as it is announced by someone with good authority.

This in my opinion is much better than BBC, ITN or some news casters or some tv presenters of gossip morning talk shows suddenly break the news in the middle of some dancing or aerobic programme which I find inappropriate platform to announce this and then they laugh and make jokes out of it (I noticed this when The Queen was attending Easter Matins last year or 2 years ago).

The easel and town crier, which is amazing, are definitely very very good traditions that should persist absolutely. But in this age of explosive information technology even before the signed statement arrives to be put up in front of Buckingham Palace all these media are already racing among themselves to be the first to announce. This still do not count the circulation of message by thousands of twitters, instagram, facebook, weibo, whassap or whatever fanciful social media these days. Well of course they can have beers, fireworks or even jumping into the Queen Victoria fountain whatever they wish to do but - after a televised official announcement, recorded and repeated from time to time throughout the day for us to rejoice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time will tell....

An Italian clairvoyant talked to Princess Diana who said a girl will be born on Saturday that will be name Princess Diana Victoria.

:whistling::whistling::whistling: And there are no red flags and warning signs flashing?

Where was this clairvoyant on September 7th before the birth was announced?

Exactly who is Princess Diana and when did she learn Italian?:D:D:D

And if anyone was going to know anything about the baby it would be Kate and her family as Catherine is the one pregnant.

Come sit by me, let me tell you a few secrets...

I predicted the first child would be a boy who would be named George and born around July 21st. My prediction was made the day they announced the pregnancy in December long before they gave an estimated time of arrival.

In September as soon as the pregnancy for the 2nd child was announced, I predicted the 2nd child would be born in April around the 3rd week of April. I am now 4 for 4.

If it is a boy, I'll be 5 for 5. :whistling:

Anyone can predict anything a week or so before the due date and since there are only 2 options for gender, it is easy to get it right. Next time have her predict the exact date for Harry's wedding and the date, time, gender of his children then I'll believe she has more abilities than myself.:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom