The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very nice if baby arrives tomorrow. The best gift ever for HM

Agreed Iluvbertie.

Mr Jobson wouldn't have mentioned the possibility of Prince William travelling to Gallipoli - saying there were "talks" about William going, taking place, and that the Prince wanted to go - if there hadn't in fact been "talks" to this end.

And the whole possibility would be moot if the birth wasn't expected to be sooner - or expected to be later.
It's official "[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Cambridge, will be present at the wreath-laying ceremony at the Cenotaph in London to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli Campaign and Anzac Day on 25th April. "
William will stay in London.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Rob Jobson suggested that William might join his father and brother. That can only happen if the baby is already here OR the baby is still a few days or more away after the 25th and he knows that.

If the baby is here by the 25th then there is no reason why William couldn't fly out to Turkey to be with his father and brother to commemorate the 10000s of British and French troops including those from the colonies of the British Empire (Australians, New Zealanders, Indians, Canadians - they supplied some nurses) who were prepared, and many did, lay down their lives in the service of King and Country. That King was William's grandmother's beloved grandfather so his duty would suggest that he should acknowledge that event.

If the baby is not here by the 25th, there's no way of knowing if it is a few days away. Either there is a scheduled induction before the 25th or he is a "maybe" up until the last minute.

I am still going with April 21st The Queen Birthday. I think the baby will be here by this time next week.

I have a feeling that if baby is born before 25 it will be a girl, if it's born from/after April 25 it will be a boy.

Just nonsense feeling :)

In case Duchess's condition allows it and if it's a baby girl I guess.
I don't know why to induct the birth if it's not nesessary for the baby? It's a human being not just a "gift" for someone.

I had to be induced with all five of my children. Either I dilated a bit and stopped, or contractions never started at all. Usually, at a few days passed my due date, the Doc usually said, "Let's schedule the induction". So, there is some leeway on which day it is scheduled to suit both the patient and the Doc. My last was induced 3 weeks early due to complications with my heart, and to allow my husband to be there for the delivery before he left me and four little ones to go on a two week business trip. It really isn't quite the big deal anymore, especially here in the States. I wouldn't know about how it is across the pond.
Mara

Why induce "if it's a baby girl"?

Don't pay attention, it was about suggestion if another Elizabeth is born in the day of Her Majesty's birthday.

Seriously, I don't think the duchess will be induced if there are no medical indications.

I don't see them inducing unless it's a medical necessity. They didn't induce with Prince George and he was about a week or so late.

I cannot imagine that the royal birth would be induced on the grounds of having the baby born on a certain day. It would only be if the baby was overdue or it was medically required.

This time media is not so crazy like it was before prince George's birth.

I hadn't been born yet in 1984, but I would like to know if there was great fuss before prince Harry's birth, as William had been already born as a future heir.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine since Diana was so popular, there was a lot of hoopla surrounding Harry's birth.

The media not being allowed to set up shop in front of the hospital, has really helped stop the craziness that we saw when George was born. I think once Kate's in the hospital and the media is allowed to set up, we'll see a lot more media coverage. I've been on twitter and noticed that royal fans have started to camp out and the reporters and photographers are starting to get ready. It probably won't be as intense as when George was born, but there will certainly be a fuss.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine since Diana was so popular, there was a lot of hoopla surrounding Harry's birth.

The media not being allowed to set up shop in front of the hospital, has really helped stop the craziness that we saw when George was born. I think once Kate's in the hospital and the media is allowed to set up, we'll see a lot more media coverage. I've been on twitter and noticed that royal fans have started to camp out and the reporters and photographers are starting to get ready. It probably won't be as intense as when George was born, but there will certainly be a fuss.

Yeah, I must say, things are much more organized this time around and it has calmed down the hoopla that surrounded George's birth. I remember with CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS, there was tons of coverage of the Lindo Wing door and the great baby wait. Now, you don't hear anything about it. Things will get crazy again once Catherine is admitted to the hospital, and the media really start gathering.

There's excitement in the air though!

When George was born, I remember some of the old guard photographers talking about how different it was from when William was born. That the press corp all just hung out in a local pub and then got the call from the press officer to go out and took some pictures. I will try and find the article.

I expect Harry was similar.

It's official "[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Cambridge, will be present at the wreath-laying ceremony at the Cenotaph in London to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli Campaign and Anzac Day on 25th April. "
William will stay in London.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

That is the current line - and Mr Jobson acknowledged that but ... the original intention was for William to go to Gallipoli and it seems that he has expressed a desire to go to the peninsula IF at all possible. The only reason why he is still in London is because of the baby so if the baby is already here then there is nothing to stop him going to Gallipoli and leave the London stuff to his grandparents.

There have been a number of occasions when the 'official' expectations don't come through for one reason or another.

I think there will be plenty of hoopla once Catherine is admitted to hospital. According to the Sunday Times, Kensington Palace has actually accredited more media this time around than for the birth of Prince George.

Its more organised this time so there is no need for media to camp out for weeks at a time.

Dickie Arbiter was on the tv here in Canada yesterday and he said this is the way it should have been done with George, less chaos and more information but once Kate is admitted it should be a pretty good party.

Its already getting lots of coverage here in Canada

Last edited:
This time media is not so crazy like it was before prince George's birth.

I hadn't been born yet in 1984, but I would like to know if there was great fuss before prince Harry's birth, as William had been already born as a future heir.

No, there wasn't, at least not here in the States, but then again, "fuss" is different pre- and post-internet.

Yes, there was a lot of hoopla. Her maternity fashion was watched and greatly commented on because it was different from during her first pregnancy, for example. Harry was the 'spare', and so there wasn't the constitutional implication to his birth as there was to his elder brother; but it was still an exciting time. There was comment on how Diana looked more sophisticated when she left the hospital with Harry. Harry, however, didn't produce the plethora of baby-biographies that William did.:)

I can see people getting really excited if it's a girl this time around, especially. There hasn't been a girl born in the direct line since Princess Anne.

If the child is a boy the tabloids will have her desperate for a girl and pregnant again every issue. Watch and see.

If the child is a boy the tabloids will have her desperate for a girl and pregnant again every issue. Watch and see.

They did state that they'd like to have a large family IIRC. If they do have another child, I bet they'll wait about the same amount of time as there is between George and this one.

Various reports have said the Duchess is here or is there.

But a twitter account I follow has posted that she and young George were photographed in the carpark of the Bucklebury farm park this weekend just gone.

Maybe if she is not in London, baby is not yet due.

Various reports have said the Duchess is here or is there.

But a twitter account I follow has posted that she and young George were photographed in the carpark of the Bucklebury farm park this weekend just gone.

Maybe if she is not in London, baby is not yet due.

According to twitter, she was at Bucklebury, but has left and now back in London.

I do remember Harry's birth. He was the spare but there was a lot of fuss made before, during and after the birth because of Diana. There was a large crowd waiting round the hospital and cheering when the birth was announced.

William went to visit with his father so there were great moments for the crowd and, of course, the photographers. They hung around until after Charles, Diana and baby had left the hospital. Of course, in the early 1980's it was primarily a TV world if you wanted to see anything up to the minute. No streaming, live feeds or anything.

when Harry's name was announced, I cant remember when, someone in the crowd yelled "God for Harry, England and St George!" (from 'Henry V') and Charles grinned.

From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like twins, but has that possibility been ruled out?

Yes, there was a lot of hoopla. Her maternity fashion was watched and greatly commented on because it was different from during her first pregnancy, for example. Harry was the 'spare', and so there wasn't the constitutional implication to his birth as there was to his elder brother; but it was still an exciting time. There was comment on how Diana looked more sophisticated when she left the hospital with Harry. Harry, however, didn't produce the plethora of baby-biographies that William did.:)
I remember it as you said it, also as another poster mentioned Charles and William visiting. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom