The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they are just as important to the family itself and treated equally with the other children.Princess Margaret was not given the same education or guidance from her parents as her sister that she badly needed and wanted and look how it turned out.

What makes you think that things had not been well organised the last time around? The press had to wait, as I suspect they might have to this time, because George took his own sweet time to arrive.

I don't know, but on George's long wait it seemed so chaotic. And at least the press won't be standing like that in front of a hospital for a month, don't you think?:ermm:

I don't know, but on George's long wait it seemed so chaotic. And at least the press won't be standing like that in front of a hospital for a month, don't you think?:ermm:

Might that not have just been because of the general excitement with the birth of a future King, and the first "main line" royal birth of the generation?

In any case, there will be a lot less excitement this time as it is not the future monarch that will be born, and we have just been through the excitement of a royal birth less than two years ago.

Might that not have just been because of the general excitement with the birth of a future King, and the first "main line" royal birth of the generation?

In any case, there will be a lot less excitement this time as it is not the future monarch that will be born, and we have just been through the excitement of a royal birth less than two years ago.

Yes, but it is better for the hospital ( staff, patients and visitors) that media will not be there with cameras on for a long time, anyway...

The very same thing could well happen again. If it is such a bother, switch channels or websites :flowers:

If the media will not be allowed to camp outside until Catherine has been admitted, I cannot see how there will be a repeat of what happened last time, unless Catherine has a three-week labour :whistling:

It was no bother for me checking every news report I could lay my hands on to see if there was any news, just rather tiring that's all. :flowers:

As long as they are just as important to the family itself and treated equally with the other children.Princess Margaret was not given the same education or guidance from her parents as her sister that she badly needed and wanted and look how it turned out.

The only difference between the sisters was Elizabeth had a extra tutor in history which was taught by a Eton don. They were taught French and dancing, etc things that a lady would need to know. If they would have been boys, they would have been shipped off to the Royal Navy like their father and uncles and grandfather. Their education was the norm for daughters of aristocratic families at that time.

Look at William and Harry- they went to the exact same schools until Wills goes to university Harry decides not to. Peter, Zara, Bea & Eugenie all went university.

All the Middletons kids got a top notch private school education and Pippa and Kate have university degrees.

So this child isn't going to be denied an education because he/she is the direct heir like George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think the "Great Kate Wait" started last time as Will & Kate had only disclosed a July birth and with Diana's birthday being July 1st; it served as a sentimental launching date. I believe it was no accident that Kate 'let it slip' a few weeks ago that this baby was due mid-late April. I believe no one wants to be just hanging around... it also takes press resources from other royal events occurring in the month. This is the better solution all around.

Personally I hope Kate is admitted and the baby is born in the wee hours of the morning and the only 'announcement' made is that the Duchess of Cambridge has safely delivered a new prince/princess. I believe the remarks made about respecting this being a private event lends itself to the awkwardness felt of being in a hospital giving birth knowing the press is right outside waiting for word.

I think everyone, including William and Kate, were caught out by the sheer craziness of George's birth. I mean, I really didn't expect it to be so big with hundreds of news crews and photographers from all over the world camping out for literally weeks. I don't think anything quite like that has happened before and, to be honest, I hope it doesn't again.

A more controlled and organised approach from all involved is very much preferable.

Last edited:
Despite the media camping out and the hoopla that followed, waiting for George to arrive was beyond exciting and now the excitement will occur again with the new arrival.

I think William and Catherine have felt nothing but love and support since they've started a family.

I think the "Great Kate Wait" started last time as Will & Kate had only disclosed a July birth and with Diana's birthday being July 1st; it served as a sentimental launching date. I believe it was no accident that Kate 'let it slip' a few weeks ago that this baby was due mid-late April. I believe no one wants to be just hanging around... it also takes press resources from other royal events occurring in the month. This is the better solution all around.

Personally I hope Kate is admitted and the baby is born in the wee hours of the morning and the only 'announcement' made is that the Duchess of Cambridge has safely delivered a new prince/princess. I believe the remarks made about respecting this being a private event lends itself to the awkwardness felt of being in a hospital giving birth knowing the press is right outside waiting for word.

Kate actually said that George would be born mid-July. The media decide to camp out on July 1st because they bought into their own lie or because they were hoping George would have been born early

http://www.today.com/news/duchess-kate-confirms-royal-baby-due-mid-july-1B9231172
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-22976895

Last edited:
Well if Catherine said Prince George was due in the middle of July ( which to me is 7/15) and he actually arrived 7/22 which is towards the end of July then her saying this one is due in mid to late April suggests to me that we shouldn't expect our next Prince/Princess until the last week or so of April.
I do hope my prediction is wrong, tho' I'm eager to learn whether we have a Prince or Princess and what name they've chosen.

Well if Catherine said Prince George was due in the middle of July ( which to me is 7/15) and he actually arrived 7/22 which is towards the end of July then her saying this one is due in mid to late April suggests to me that we shouldn't expect our next Prince/Princess until the last week or so of April.
I do hope my prediction is wrong, tho' I'm eager to learn whether we have a Prince or Princess and what name they've chosen.

If memory serves me correctly, didn't William hint George was overdue? One week overdue would still would have made the due date mid July.

I suspect Kate has given the mid to late April timeframe for that very reason.

It would be cool if the baby is born on May 1st. It's a National Holiday in Portugal and I have a wedding to attend that day. It would be wonderfull to have lots of celebration events!

I still think she is due on hm bday the 21 and is giving a week either way. A lot of women seem to be on the late side for the first and not subsequent.

If she was due more towards the end of month say April 29, I think the month announcement would have been worded as late Apr, early May.

My theory is that they got carried away with getting Cheeks to 1 and thus 9 months post 1st birthday baby brother or sister. ?

If she was due more towards the end of month say April 29, I think the month announcement would have been worded as late Apr, early May.

My theory is that they got carried away with getting Cheeks to 1 and thus 9 months post 1st birthday baby brother or sister. ?

No matter what, we will have a baby by May 14th at the very latest, because Kate could be due April 30th for all we know, and they induce if you're 2 weeks late.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Not that I believe - but I did look this up.
Next full moon is May 4.
Next new moon is April 18
:flowers:

uhm maybe this coming weekend we 'll all hear something but I have the feeling that the baby will arrive not before the 20th...

Well, tomorrow the parking restrictions will go up outside the Lindo Wing and press pens will be set up on Thursday.

Well, tomorrow the parking restrictions will go up outside the Lindo Wing and press pens will be set up on Thursday.

I thought the press wasn't allowed to camp outside the hospital this time after the media circus last time?

They're allowed from a certain day.

:previous: No, the press pen will be put on thursday but the press won't be allowed to stand there and film with cameras until the duchess goes in labour...

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 6h 6 hours ago
Preparations for royal baby two begin at the Lindo Wing today as parking restrictions are put in place #royalbaby

That's right, the press isn't allowed to gather at the Lindo Wing until Catherine is admitted for labor.

Exactly, a certain day. I can't tell what that certain day is as i can't tell the future.

According to Richard Palmer, the parking restrictions have been delayed by a day. They'll now go up tomorrow (Tuesday, 14th).

I'm thinking along the lines of the few days following the 20th (20th-23rd). However, @admiralUS does have a point with the moon phases; it may be an old wives' tale but the old ones and elder women sure believed in it!
Mara

Last edited:
Isn't it a Full Moon not a New Moon that induces birth?

My friend was pregnant and in the potential birth zone when we having lunch at a local fast food restaurant when a older lady who works there came over and started to tell us the baby was going to come on Friday. Friday was a full moon plus a Friday the 13th. I even saw a black cat in my yard that day. The baby came a month later.

Isn't it a Full Moon not a New Moon that induces birth?

My friend was pregnant and in the potential birth zone when we having lunch at a local fast food restaurant when a older lady who works there came over and started to tell us the baby was going to come on Friday. Friday was a full moon plus a Friday the 13th. I even saw a black cat in my yard that day. The baby came a month later.

Although our moon can and does affect things on our Earth (one reason why we have so many lunatics ;)), the moon does not affect women giving birth and/or menses. Friday the 13th first started being deemed "unlucky" because of the raid on, arrests of and execution of the Knights Templar on October 13, 1307. Nada to do with women at all. Black cats were supposedly a favorite familiar to witches (I've had a few and it wasn't because of beliefs but because I inherited them).

There is one person that could precisely tell us just when the birth will occur but unfortunately, we have no clue when he/she will be around to tell us. My guess would be "when I'm good and ready" would be an interview response.

So we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom