The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck did the paps know when and where they were going? I ready today in another tabloid that Kate is fearful there is a mole among her staff - I think she might be correct.

Does not have to be paps - it could just be a passer by with a camera phone. Harley Street is usually quite busy with pedestrians.

Richard Palmer seems furious:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa
They feel this is very different from running photos of members of the Royal Family, including Prince George, in public parks.
0 risposte

Londra, Inghilterra Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa

Our head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan, if that is what was happening.
0 risposte

Londra, Inghilterra Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2 h 2 ore fa

I've made the point about photographs in public places I should say that my two immediate bosses are very strongly against these photos

It seems Tanna:

1. KateMiddletonReview ‏@KateMiddReview 4 h4 ore fa
    @byEmilyAndrews If Will&Kate are going to complain&issue letters to 1 pap, then they must complain&issue letters to them all. #Consistency
    Espandi

2. Jordon Lee ‏@JordonLee 1 h1 ora fa
    @KateMiddReview @IkonPictures @byEmilyAndrews but there are different scenarios so I'm not sure this would work.
    https://twitter.com/JordonLee/status/523058186396655616

3. KateMiddletonReview ‏@KateMiddReview 24 min
    @JordonLee @IkonPictures @byEmilyAndrews Then they should clearly define what is appropriate and what isn't, not complain randomly.

I'm not sure why anyone cares Richard Palmer is furious. He just stated his two bosses are against the photos.

The head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan

You can diagnose a woman base on grainy photos? :rolleyes:
Even some people with bulimia don't lose weight in their, doesn't mean she they don't have an illness

I'm not sure why anyone cares Richard Palmer is furious. He just stated his two bosses are against the photos.

The head of news and news editor feel there is nothing more private than a woman going for a pregnancy scan

He's just trying to pander to people who feels like Will and Kate should be happy with the press treating them like some short of freak show.

Last edited:
I think Richard Palmer's tweet is takien out of context because it was one tweet of many. He also said that he thought these pix should not be out there. He is correct in saying that it is not illegal to take pix in a public place. As for Tanna - he's been arguing with another journo about the inconsistency (so Tanna didnt take these pix) but thew journo was saying that the letter/warning was not about taking pix, but stalking George.

Its been a real floor show on twitter this morning :)

It's best to move on and ignore those private pictures that shouldn't been taken.

I just poste some tweets, relax people and franky as someone else had already pointed out if tou have something to say to me quote my post!

Last edited:

that is my opinion, you can't be serious and worked up just because to me Palmer is agry! seriously Im entitled to say if I find him furious or not...:ohmy:

If we all dislike intrusion photos, why are they being posted here. We need to make up our minds that we are or are not going to post unauthorized photos. Then again, some want it both ways...criticize when it happens, but lemme see, lemme see, lemme see when they are released!

Last edited:
So, the UK press is treading lightly - that's a win for the Cambridges, right?

And, I would point out, anyone in the area could have called in a tip off to photographers/press. It would be too easy to pay off a neighbor to keep an eye on the doc's office All this "mole on the staff" stuff harks back to the drama of the 90s IMHO. Lets not go there. Let's let the Cambridges deal with things as they see fit.

Obviously the person posting them has no issues with it but I personally don't look at any pics from a pap

So, the UK press is treading lightly - that's a win for the Cambridges, right?

And, I would point out, anyone in the area could have called in a tip off to photographers/press. It would be too easy to pay off a neighbor to keep an eye on the doc's office All this "mole on the staff" stuff harks back to the drama of the 90s IMHO. Lets not go there. Let's let the Cambridges deal with things as they see fit.

The "mole on staff" comes from one of the lowest rent tabloids on the market. Completely ficticous.

If we all dislike intrusion photos, why are they being posted here. We need to make up our minds that we are or are not going to post unauthorized photos. Then again, some want it both ways...criticize when it happens, but lemme see, lemme see, lemme see when they are released!

This I heartily agree with. Along those thoughts, perhaps it may be an issue taken into considerations by the powers that be here. As there are stringent rules against posting photos that are copyrighted, perhaps TRF could take a stand and not allow postings of unauthorized and/or intrusive pictures.

Its a grey area for sure but worth considering. TRF could be one of the places where those photos aren't "out there".

You can diagnose a woman base on grainy photos? :rolleyes:
Even some people with bulimia don't lose weight in their, doesn't mean she they don't have an illness

So true. It's a photo of them walking to and from the car. I'm not sure anyone can tell how she's feeling just by that.

I think Richard Palmer's tweet is takien out of context because it was one tweet of many. He also said that he thought these pix should not be out there. He is correct in saying that it is not illegal to take pix in a public place. As for Tanna - he's been arguing with another journo about the inconsistency (so Tanna didnt take these pix) but thew journo was saying that the letter/warning was not about taking pix, but stalking George.

Its been a real floor show on twitter this morning :)

Yep. I think it's been taken out of context too. I just read the entire stream and while he doesn't think it's illegal to take the photos, he does question whether it's ethical.

Tanna and Jobson collaborated on a book (about W&K), so it's interesting to see them go at it on Twitter. I do think Jobson is right. The journos are focusing on the photos being taken, when the real issue is the stalking.

Last edited:
Obviously the person posting them has no issues with it but I personally don't look at any pics from a pap

It's an interesting dilemma. I have mixed feelings about it, though obviously I posted the link. So many of the photos of W&K are from paparazzi -- or at least that's what I assume -- when you see Kate out shopping or strolling the baby, or Pippa and family earlier in the week. It doesn't seem as "bad" to me as, say, the topless photos or when Kate's skirt flies up. They are in public places, doing normal things, so right or wrong it doesn't seem as intrusive to me.

It is perplexing how somebody happened to know that they would be there, though. I DO feel bad that W&K have to try to accomplish these appointments under cover of darkness, but the fact that pictures have been published proves that they are right. Makes me think that they should just do things in broad daylight, as it appears not to make a difference. :ermm:

I wasn't judging, just stating my own personal views.

:previous: I'd suggest that if we post links to non-event photos, either off Twitter (taken by a common person) or taken by a pap and found in the US, other parts of Europe tabs (online or not) that we start the post with a warning; PAP PHOTO, PHOTO NOT FROM AN EVENT or whatever. That way, we are warning each other about content.

This I heartily agree with. Along those thoughts, perhaps it may be an issue taken into considerations by the powers that be here. As there are stringent rules against posting photos that are copyrighted, perhaps TRF could take a stand and not allow postings of unauthorized and/or intrusive pictures.

Its a grey area for sure but worth considering. TRF could be one of the places where those photos aren't "out there".

Rather than TRF taking a stand, how about we all take some personal responsiblity and just not look at them regardless of where they are posted. It's not the paps who are doing this, it's the people who buy and look at pics online. The paps are supplying what readers/lookers are demanding.

I have British friend who is a staunch monarchist. I spoke to him a bit this summer over the Australian wardrobe malfunction photos. His opinion was that it was ridiculous that the British press will not dare to publish what any Brit can find online. (He is always of the opinion that the British are too apologetic about so many things, so that's probably the basis of his opinion).

Just his opinion, but it's an interesting one, and one from a British person who fully supports all the royals.

There is a free press in Britain, the fact discretion is used when it comes to publishing any private photos, not just the royals is good.

My ex wife is British and I've lived in Britain for years and thankfully all monarchists I know and I'm one don't share this opinion.

Its a matter of taste

:previous: There is press regulation in the Uk but it is with the agreement of the press owners. The new regulators came into being in Sept 2014 - the Independent PRess Standards Organisation

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/

From the website

IPSO was launched on 8 September 2014. Over the coming months, we will continue to build the new standards-raising functions that will enable us to implement the full system of independent regulation that the newspaper and magazine industry has agreed to establish and support.

Bif brother isnt doing this - they have done it to themselves through yrs of appalling and illegal breaches of previous regulation and laws.

Not all newspapers broke the law/regulations but they stood together against the finding of the Levison Report

(info see here BBC News - Q&A: Press regulation)

Reaping what they have sown.

Whoever waited and took the pictures was pretty silly to me and that's why I've chosen to ignore the pictures and move on. The less noise about the pics, the better, IMO.

William & Catherine will be seen by all on the 21st and that's what I'm waiting for.

Last edited:
Actually there's a bit of noise around the traps that there is sleet on the ground in the photos of Will and Kate that were supposedly taken a couple of days ago. I can see rain, no sleet. People are saying the photos are from the first pregnancy.

Actually there's a bit of noise around the traps that there is sleet on the ground in the photos of Will and Kate that were supposedly taken a couple of days ago. I can see rain, no sleet. People are saying the photos are from the first pregnancy.

I thought they were old as well at first but then I realized that Kate's former doctor was Setchell (even if Farthing was part of the team too).. So if that shots were old it would make sense for the couple to visit Setchell but that is the studio owned by Alan Farthing...:flowers:

The weather was dreadful earlier this week, but there was certainly no sleet in Central London, just plenty of rain.

I thought they were old as well at first but then I realized that Kate's former doctor was Setchell (even if Farthing was part of the team too).. So if that shots were old it would make sense for the couple to visit Setchell but that is the studio owned by Alan Farthing...:flowers:

Farthing is one of the doctors at 148 Harley St. The site is just behind the London Clinic, where Prince Philip was admitted last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom