The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 6m
Prince Charles has publicly of how 'wonderful' it was to be a grandfather again #RoyalBaby

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 5m
#PrinceCharles today said he was 'happy' & 'thrilled' at the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their second child.

Why would they? Kate wasn't treated for her morning sickness in the lindo wing before, so it would make more sense for them to be guarding the hospital she was in to treat the condition before - I believe king Edward.

However if you mean to guard a space for the birth... I'd say that's a bit too conservative! :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm happy for the whole family and echo what others have said, it's nice to get a bit of good news for a change when one turns on the TV.

Having said that, I think overall it would be best if the Cambridges stop at 2. As we've seen countless times, it tends to be very difficult for 'spares' (I hate that term btw) to find their niche in modern royal families. One need only look at the struggles of Andrew and Edward, for example, which continue to a certain extent even today.

I'm happy for the whole family and echo what others have said, it's nice to get a bit of good news for a change when one turns on the TV.

Having said that, I think overall it would be best if the Cambridges stop at 2. As we've seen countless times, it tends to be very difficult for 'spares' (I hate that term btw) to find their niche in modern royal families. One need only look at the struggles of Andrew and Edward, for example, which continue to a certain extent even today.

It must be an extra challenge in a family where one of the children is destined for such a high position. It's a situation in many of the royal European families. In a way, I think it might be nice for the "spares" to have at least one other person who knows what they're going through.

Surely a family is only 'complete' when the parents feel it is...?

If they want lots of children, [as some couples do] It is ENTIRELY up to them .

Surely a family is only 'complete' when the parents feel it is...?

If they want lots of children, [as some couples do] It is ENTIRELY up to them .

I couldn't have it said better.

Coming from a happy and close family with three children, I always assumed Kate would only think her family is complete with the same, as many women in that situation do, I've noticed. Of course, it is one at a time, and this very early days for this pregnancy.

PS Carlota, the mention of the Lindo Wing was a joke, a jab at the media hype.

I am over the moon. Hoping for a Princess.

Nothing like getting a headstart on things and jockey for the best position!

Hey, I saw a tweet from one of the Cafes near the Lindo last night that they can't wait to see all the great friends they made during the Wait for George among the Media in a few months from now. Can't remember who, but I do remember seeing it. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Coming from a happy and close family with three children, I always assumed Kate would only think her family is complete with the same, as many women in that situation do, I've noticed. Of course, it is one at a time, and this very early days for this pregnancy.

PS Carlota, the mention of the Lindo Wing was a joke, a jab at the media hype.

I'd be surprised, honestly, if they stopped at two. I see them with three, maybe even four children. Kate seemed to have really enjoyed being one of three, and she and William can obviously easily afford to have as many children as they want. Barring any unexpected illness, fertility problems, etc, I think they'll have a bigger family.

I also think the dynamics of just two children in this particular family could be hard. Harry seems to manage being the only "spare" with aplomb, but it could be a difficult situation to grow up in for a child with a different kind of personality.

I remember during their engagement interview them saying they wanted a large family....I would be surprised if they stopped with two children.

LaRae

I'd also be surprised if they stop at just 2. I think they'll have at least 3, maybe 4.

They can afford it. I hope they have as many children as they want and give sufficient time and emotional support. I hope her HG and their age doesn't impact their decision.

They can afford it. I hope they have as many children as they want and give sufficient time and emotional support. I hope her HG and their age doesn't impact their decision.

I don't.

I think people in their position should set a good example, and limit reproduction to two children.

What they can afford is moot. Even the wealthiest cannot buy more resources. Many problems in the world today are directly attributable to overpopulation.

Wow wow :clap:
That's so nice news!
Congratulations to the Will, Kate and little George :D

I don't.

I think people in their position should set a good example, and limit reproduction to two children.

What they can afford is moot. Even the wealthiest cannot buy more resources. Many problems in the world today are directly attributable to overpopulation.

Unfortunately people who should take heed and follow a "good example" seldom do. Frequently these are the kinds of people who don't even think of resources and overpopulation and, in fact, some of these people even consider each additional child a "resource".

I was just thinking usually its a girl and a boy with other members of the Royal Family, and then no more after that. But yes they could have more, that's true.

Last edited:
I'd also be surprised if they stop at just 2. I think they'll have at least 3, maybe 4.

Tonight I dreamed they had in the next (third) pregnancy twins and that only one year after the twins were born they will have another beautiful daughter.

I hope she will be able to travel to Malta, if she is well enough. But as it's a 2-day trip, it will have to be up to her doctors.

Last edited:
Prince Charles said he hopes it will be a girl this time...

I think he will get another grandson instead:ROFLMAO:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
The Duchess of Cambridge has pulled out of tonight's opening ceremony and tomorrow's athletics at the Invictus Games.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
Kensington Palace says a decision will be taken closer to the time on whether Kate will go to Malta on September 20 and 21.

I didn't see how she could possibly show up to this if she is continually getting sick. I would not be surprised if it is a little worse this time around also.

I also think Malta is probably off. If I was getting sick round the clock, I'd want to be in my PJ's laying down even if I had been feeling better for a few days or parts of the day. My morning sickness wasn't predictable and the last thing I wanted to do was get dressed up and smile at people.

I feel bad for her, severe morning sickness is the worst!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom