The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...l-baby-hospital-commotion?mbid=social_twitter

Best line: "Or, and we will all be keeping our fingers crossed, this could mean that Kate is on her way, as soon as this afternoon, and the hubbub is, in fact, related to some baby-arrival intel. Either way, it’s probably best to call in sick to work today—hell, take the week off, as a precaution. If your boss doesn’t understand the need to honor this occasion, is that really a place you want to be working?" :lol:

:lol: Josh Duboff has a sense of humour. My favourite bit was the delightful image of him sleeping in a fascinator to ensure he's dressed appropriately when he receives the news should he get a message announcing the birth in the middle of the night. :ROFLMAO:

She looks a lot like she could be related to Rasputin. Good thing to be.

Maybe this is a cultural difference, but i don't get it: how is this related to the DoC being pregnant and due any day now?

Just a thought, the pink ribbons might not have been a clue, they might of simply been a ribbon used in the bakery as their packaging.

Probably W & K have discussed how many children they would have before they marry as many couples do. In fact we do not know if they want two or three , but I think some people want to experience raising a boy and a girl. I don't have children yet, but I don't see myself raising a girl for example, but most of my friends have this "boy and girl" standard in their minds

My friend already had two girls (a teenager and a nine year old) when she got pregnant again. She and her husband were hoping for a boy and they were a little disappointed when they found out they were having another girl. Their little girl is almost five now and is much loved, not the end of the world although they have planned having girls and boys. I guess we can't just plan this things, they happen and at the end, they makes us happy after all.

Anyway, we don't really know what W&K want, so we may have another royal baby after this one if it's a girl or a boy, who knows.

A lot of people can't have a 3rd baby. My daughter can't just because you can have 2 doesn't mean you won't have miscarriages time and time again trying for a 3rd.
So let's just see this little one arrive safely no mater what it is !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

No NEWS on SKY this morning.

Let's see where things are by just before Midnight 30 April?

If she has been driving in her car yesterday, is this more significant to a MAY birth?

No NEWS on SKY this morning.

Let's see where things are by just before Midnight 30 April?

If she has been driving in her car yesterday, is this more significant to a MAY birth?

If she has a normal pregnancy she can drive her own car practically till the moment she will be admitted. There is always a small risk that the waters break.
Personally I think indeed of a May birth.
Often a woman-face show the signs of an imminent birth (between 24 or 48 hours)
I still miss that on the pics of the Duchess yesterday

That's a bit of a sweeping statement, if I may say so. I think that it's become de rigueur to say that you don't mind if you have a boy or a girl "as long as the baby is healthy" or wtte. People are often very reluctant nowadays to admit that they have a preference. I know of two women locally who have four boys and are currently pregnant again. I suspect that if baby no 3 or 4 had been a girl in each case, they would have stopped there.

Why? Some friends have all-girls or all-boys family and they wanted more children, not a boy or a girl, at least. My parents had four girls, when they expected my youngest sister, they wanted a fourth child, not a boy, at least.
Some friends did indeed had a preference, but people don't make children just for having at least a girl or a boy. Some people still like large families, no matter how many boys or girls they have.

Why? Some friends have all-girls or all-boys family and they wanted more children, not a boy or a girl, at least. My parents had four girls, when they expected my youngest sister, they wanted a fourth child, not a boy, at least.
Some friends did indeed had a preference, but people don't make children just for having at least a girl or a boy. Some people still like large families, no matter how many boys or girls they have.

You ask why? Because I know that the people I mentioned would like a little girl.

well weel it seems she is not that overdue after all:whistling:

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal Parking restrictions outside the Lindo Wing have been extended for a further 5 days as the wait for the birth of the #royalbaby continues.

At this point I think that the palace should have said" expecting a baby in early May"....

Last edited:
At this point I think that the palace should have say" expecting a baby in early May"...
I wonder why didn't they do it? They like watching people waiting outside the Lingo's doors?

I wonder why didn't they do it? They like watching people waiting outside the Lingo's doors?

If this extended parking restriction thing is true I think the palace should have been more careful... Why don't they consider a late birth? :ermm:
For example crown princess victoria said she was expecting a baby in early March! And Estelle was born in late february! It's not so difficult, really... "Mid-late april" is totally inaccurate now...

Confirmed: Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1 min1 minuto fa
Westminster Council confirm Lindo Wing parking extended for a further five days to Monday May 4 inclusive

If this extended parking restriction thing is true I think the palace should have been more careful... Why don't they consider a late birth?
The press must be very disappointed and angry now. They have been waiting for two weeks.
Kensigton palace shouldn't have said the due date. But it knows that date. If Kate is really due only in last days of April-early May, why not just say it.:bang:

Last edited:
I said it already: she may be due tomorrow.

I thought it was quite considerate and sweet of the Cambridges to send out breakfast for all those standing and waiting, waiting and more waiting. Of course, I think the waiting has to be the hardest on them as they're actually involved in all this baby stuffs and for all we know, George could be driving them nuts with "is the baby here yet?" We all know how impatient little ones can get.

The baby will arrive it its own sweet time and it'll be back to business as usual for the crowd outside the Lindo wing. It'll be long nights and short on sleep for the Cambridges though. When comes to newborns, either before birth or after birth, its them that rules the roost.

Estelle were simply a week or two early, it happens.
What I mean is that you should count two weeeks after the estimated date as well before announcing a date IMO. If a baby is due around late may, say, I think a royal family is supposed to say "a baby in early June" just in case.... I think other royal couples have said this.

I think it is accurate to consider a more elastic time frame...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if any spicy takeaway food has been delivered to Kensington Palace?!

For all we know the doctor changed her due date after she said "mid-to-late April." This happened to me -- in fact my doctor changed my due date with my older son six or seven times during the pregnancy, right up until a week before I delivered. Granted, this was fifteen years ago, but my experience is that due dates can move around a lot. It's not an exact science.

If her original due date really was April 23, as the rumors have it, I think it's entirely reasonable to say "mid-to-late April." Especially since most doctors will induce once you go a week late.

Parking restrictions are extended until May 5, so just a few days remain.

I am of the opinion that the duchess is past her due date. The palace has always stated that this is an April baby. The parking restrictions were for a week before and a week after that due date but this baby is taking their own time.

As someone working in obs and gynae, I can tell you that mothers who want a vaginal delivery usually put off induction as late as possible. What most people dont realise is that inductions themselves do fail. We can only give the mother a certain amount of the induction agents. The thing with a failed induction is that you then have to do an emergency Cesarean. So most mothers want to wait and see if they go into labour naturally before having an induction cause failure of induction means emergency cesarean.

So my thoughts are the baby was due sometime last week but they are waiting to see if she goes into labour naturally before trying to induce her.

Last edited:
Thank you for explanation, that makes sense.

I heard Will and Kate are sending us all bagels and cream cheese for breakfast as we wait here - has anybody seen them?

I heard Will and Kate are sending us all bagels and cream cheese for breakfast as we wait here - has anybody seen them?

Our Dawg here hasn't sent out the welcoming bark to herald the royal breakfast delivery so I must be on the end of the list this morning. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom