The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, but the "discomfort" in the last stage of pregnancy doesn't deter many women from repeating the experience! ;)

That's oxytocine's doing. :whistling: Several studies showed that many pregnant women remember the whole labour process as "uncomfortable, but not that uncomfortable". And trust me, it is true. I work at a maternal ward and it is incredible how fast women can change from screaming their lungs off to serene content angels in a minute's notice. :flowers::lol:

You may be right, but the "discomfort" in the last stage of pregnancy doesn't deter many women from repeating the experience! ;)

I read somewhere that this kind of "discomfort" is more common when a woman is pregnant with a boy :whistling: we will see...

Every pregnancy is a different one, I have seen this with some friends who have more than one child. But I think they (especially Kate) will think twice before going through the whole process again, so there may be a third pregnancy, but it will not be as fast as it was this time ...We'll have to wait a few years (although I'm rooting for a boy hoping for a third pregnancy )

I think if they have a girl this time they might be satisfied with a healthy son and daughter. If they have a boy they will try one again.

I think if they have a girl this time they might be satisfied with a healthy son and daughter. If they have a boy they will try one again.
Exactly what I think.
I'm trying to get out of here and get a life or something :lol: but it's very difficult today. When I woke up this morning I had that feeling "today is the day"
I guess the baby doesn't care for my feelings :unsure::king::princess3:

That would be sad. A family is not bound to be limited to "a boy, a girl, we are so happy with both". Babies should be welcomed for themselves, not because with them the family looks like a catalogue family.

That would be sad. A family is not bound to be limited to "a boy, a girl, we are so happy with both". Babies should be welcomed for themselves, not because with them the family looks like a catalogue family.

Families in modern Western countries generally don't really care a lot about the gender of their babies, so I don't think there's much of "trying until we have a girl/boy" these days. It may different though in other non-Western cultures.

if they decide they are complete and happy with one of each how is that sad? it is not the quantity of kids that matter but what works for each family.

Depends on the region. In the south of the US in some areas having a boy is still very very important... I know of one family who had 8 girls before they got that boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Families in modern Western countries generally don't really care a lot about the gender of their babies, so I don't think there's much of "trying until we have a girl/boy" these days. It may different though in other non-Western cultures.

Many friends, announcing a third pregnancy after a boy and a girl, faced questions from their own family who sincerely didn't understand why they wanted a third child after a boy and a girl.
Modern Western countries care about having "standard family". When one has two girls or two boys, a third pregnancy to try to get the other sex will be tolerated. When one has already girl and boy, a third pregnancy is often not warmly welcomed. Let's not speak about a fourth, fifth and more pregnancy.

if they decide they are complete and happy with one of each how is that sad? it is not the quantity of kids that matter but what works for each family.

Yes, if "they" decide. They are the ones to decides, not their fans. If they want five and their fan do not understand, let them have five.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! Their family their choice but that would be a really large family by most standards and I don't know they would do that. Time will tell.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kate stated she wanted three.

What we want before we go through a pregnancy and labor and raising the child sometimes changes when we get the reality of it ;)

It looks like things have changed and we may get an announcement if she goes into labor in the middle of the night.

@royallfocus1: @MaxFosterCNN it was pointed out today by KP spokesperson that 8am deadline is not set in stone and announcement could come at any time

Which means, if baby is born at 4am, they will still announce it directly? Or wait a few hours?

Many friends, announcing a third pregnancy after a boy and a girl, faced questions from their own family who sincerely didn't understand why they wanted a third child after a boy and a girl.
Modern Western countries care about having "standard family". When one has two girls or two boys, a third pregnancy to try to get the other sex will be tolerated. When one has already girl and boy, a third pregnancy is often not warmly welcomed. Let's not speak about a fourth, fifth and more pregnancy.

Both my parents and my aunt/uncle on my mother's side had either all male or all female children (that is, two boys in my nuclear family and two girls in my aunt's). I have never thought of my family or my cousins' family as "non-standard" because of that though and no one has ever suggested that to me either. Quite frankly, I think that is a weird statement, at least in the culture I come from.

Which means, if baby is born at 4am, they will still announce it directly? Or wait a few hours?
I don't think so . I believe it's more likely to be about a situation where she's been admitted at 10:30 pm or 7:00 am . Not about something happening in the middle of the night .

That's a bit of a sweeping statement, if I may say so. I think that it's become de rigueur to say that you don't mind if you have a boy or a girl "as long as the baby is healthy" or wtte. People are often very reluctant nowadays to admit that they have a preference. I know of two women locally who have four boys and are currently pregnant again. I suspect that if baby no 3 or 4 had been a girl in each case, they would have stopped there.

Yes, my first two children were girls and although they were lovely (of course) I do think we would have been a wee bit disappointed if baby no. 3 had turned out to be another girl. I just think a mixture is nice. I've still got a feeling this one is a boy though. I wonder whether Kate went to BP to swim with George (Daily Mail story) to try and get things going. Nothing like an energetic swim session.

Naiveté of the subjects is pathetic.

They're not naive, they're just not too jaded to appreciate coffee and sweet rolls on a chilly morning, no matter where they come from. Do you think that the people who read and post on this forum are naive?

Maybe she is due tomorrow (last day of April).

Probably W & K have discussed how many children they would have before they marry as many couples do. In fact we do not know if they want two or three , but I think some people want to experience raising a boy and a girl. I don't have children yet, but I don't see myself raising a girl for example, but most of my friends have this "boy and girl" standard in their minds

Yes, my first two children were girls and although they were lovely (of course) I do think we would have been a wee bit disappointed if baby no. 3 had turned out to be another girl. I just think a mixture is nice. I've still got a feeling this one is a boy though. I wonder whether Kate went to BP to swim with George (Daily Mail story) to try and get things going. Nothing like an energetic swim session.

My friend already had two girls (a teenager and a nine year old) when she got pregnant again. She and her husband were hoping for a boy and they were a little disappointed when they found out they were having another girl. Their little girl is almost five now and is much loved, not the end of the world although they have planned having girls and boys. I guess we can't just plan this things, they happen and at the end, they makes us happy after all.

Anyway, we don't really know what W&K want, so we may have another royal baby after this one if it's a girl or a boy, who knows.

First I have to say that I've been around here for years now (about 7 years or so), always too shy to write something (mostly because I don't consider my english good enough for this, but whatever lol) and right now I just CAN'T STAND to be quiet, because just like you I AM GOING CRAZY HERE (in a good way lol) waiting for the little one.
When George was born I couldn't manage to hang here as much as I do now but this time it's been so wonderful to read your comments and opinions, following every stage of Kate's pregnancy with people who understand so much about royals and royalty! I love you all :lol:

Just to stay on topic: I do think she's overdue. She said "mid-end April" and the parking restrictions end by April 30. I presume they thought that by April 30 it would be over, as when doctors determine the due date they usually say it can happen few days earlier or later... but it's just a thought, maybe she's not overdue and I am just too anxious about it lol

I hope you understand my english, as I said, not very good at if

Carol

Welcome to the Forums, Carol! :brazilflag:

(É muito bom ter uma compatriota por aqui. E seu inglês é excelente!) :flowers:

Welcome to the Forums, Carol! :brazilflag:

(É muito bom ter uma compatriota por aqui. E seu inglês é excelente!) :flowers:

Thank you Cris! So great to know that Brasil is here!! Us brazilians... everywhere :lol:
(Muito bom ver um pouco de português por aqui, fiquei quase emocionada :lol: --- translation: Great to see some Portuguese here , I was almost thrilled :lol:)

And my english has improved quite a lot since I came here :lol: I just can't stop writing...

Thanks to the royal baby...

I don't believe in an April baby anymore :unsure: but I can wake tomorrow and have coffee reading the news...

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...l-baby-hospital-commotion?mbid=social_twitter

Best line: "Or, and we will all be keeping our fingers crossed, this could mean that Kate is on her way, as soon as this afternoon, and the hubbub is, in fact, related to some baby-arrival intel. Either way, it’s probably best to call in sick to work today—hell, take the week off, as a precaution. If your boss doesn’t understand the need to honor this occasion, is that really a place you want to be working?" :lol:

She looks a lot like she could be related to Rasputin. Good thing to be. Labor probably hit her by now. Maybe not. Anyway I am still guessing it's a boy. Pink ribbons and all, points to a girl. May is a cute name. So is Belle. Anyway, I hope she and the baby do well. If it's a boy, Arlo is a great one. Arther too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom