The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited about the new baby :), although very sorry to hear that poor Kate has got severe morning sickness again. I'd assume it's the same as last time - it's early days but they've made the announcement sooner than they'd otherwise have done because of the hyperemesis gravidarum. If she's only about 2 months along, George should be getting a little brother or sister a few weeks before his second birthday.

How do you figure that?

I make it March or April.

WOW; CONGRATULATIONS........... and I feel sorry for the DoC, that she is suffering this heavy morning sickness again.

As no month of birth is announced yet, do you think, she is again in a very early stage of second pregnancy?
BYe Bine

It doesn't come as much of a surprise, the timing is good for a 2nd child. But it is great news all the same. Congratulations to the happy couple! Let's hope that the Duchess will soon feel better.

Last edited:
Great news:):) congratulations to the happy family:flowers::flowers:

Great news for them but not a surprise really as she has always indicated that she wanted the children close together.

As for the Malta trip - the fact that she is being treated at KP this time and not in hospital suggests that it isn't a severe as last time or that they started the treatment earlier to prevent it getting as bad so maybe Malta could still happen (or someone else go in her place).

I hope George has a healthy sibling whether a boy or a girl although a brother would obviously be able to play with him many of the same games at the same time while a sister would have different interests such as girly things.

If she doesn't have bad morning sickness she could or might still be able to make the Malta trip. We shall see.

Great news though!

LaRae

David Cameron and Alex Salmond put aside their differences today to welcome the news that the Duchess of Cambridge was expecting her second child.

The Prime Minister, who was back in London today after spending a weekend with the Queen and Prince Philip in Balmoral, said he was 'delighted'.

Alex Salmond, using the Royal couple's Scottish titles, added: 'Congratulations & best wishes to the Earl & Countess of Strathearn. Wonderful to hear they're expecting their second baby – very happy news!'

Today’s announcement comes just 10 days before the Scottish independence referendum next week and amid revelations that Buckingham Palace is ‘concerned’ about the growing momentum towards a ‘yes’ vote.
Cameron and Salmond put aside their differences on Scottish independence to welcome the 'wonderful' Royal pregnancy news | Mail Online

I am thinking an April baby. Nice age difference between the two.

LaRae

Yeahhhh!!! :flowers: It was not entirely unexpected, IMO, but the news came surprisingly anyway.

As long as the baby is healthy and everything is ok, boy or girl will be fine...

(but yeah, count me among those who hope for a little princess :D)

I have to admit: I am shocked by the news... She didn't have the "pregnant" face as with George... Hyperemesis again... :whistling:

Congraatulations to the couple... it will be another boy

I suppose the Malta trip won't happen now. I'm sure the Maltese Government will be very disappointed after all the effort they have put in to make it a nice schedule for her.

And they knew it could happen again and conceived anyway. Interesting....

That was quite a surprise considering I thought she was going to Malta this week! Guess that isn't happening now.

Congratulations to all members of the family!

What a lovely morning surprise! Congratulations to the couple, and the big-brother-to-be.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

And they knew it could happen again and conceived anyway. Interesting....

I agree.I don't know what they were thinking. This trip has been months in the planning and even if she didn't think she would get HG again it was always a possibility. If I had been in her shoes knowing that I was due to visit another country who had put in a great deal of effort to host me there is no way I would have let this happen knowing that I could be too ill to go. These two though often seem to put their own desires before duty so it's nothing new. I just hope she still makes it and doesn't throw up the whole time she is there.

Bit surprised by the timing...however congratulations. :flowers:

Boy born right before 4th anniversary. (Sometime between & including April 17th through April 25th.)

As was the case in Ireland, it won't take long for an independent Scotland to dump the Royal Family. Salmond's promise to keep the monarchy following a 'Yes' vote is just another trick to mislead the voters, like his claims that Scotland will be able to keep the pound or stay in the EU and NATO. Genuine monarchists should rally around the Union if they want the monarchy to survive in Scotland in the long run.

I agree.I don't know what they were thinking. This trip has been months in the planning and even if she didn't think she would get HG again it was always a possibility. If I had been in her shoes knowing that I was due to visit another country who had put in a great deal of effort to host me there is no way I would have let this happen knowing that I could be too ill to go. These two though often seem to put their own desires before duty so it's nothing new. I just hope she still makes it and doesn't throw up the whole time she is there.

Going by that logic they can never have another baby since there is always another event, appointment, visit, etc. People can't really determine when they'll get pregnant. It could take a month, it could take a year.

I'm happy for them. I had a feeling she was pregnant at the visit on 5/8.

That's probably the reason why they have to announce the good news today - to explain why she could not accompany William in Oxford today.

She would have known she was pregnant prior to the announcement about Oxford which was last week I believe. HG was obviously to be expected so she never should have been included in going IMO.

That was quite a surprise considering I thought she was going to Malta this week! Guess that isn't happening now.

Congratulations to all members of the family!

Malta is going to be a case by case based apparently but since she's at KP not in hospital it's a good chance we'll see her.

I do wonder the last time we saw her, commonwealth games I imagine?

Apparently she's not hit the 3 month mark which makes me think she's just at 2 months and they're trying to shroud the timeline a little.

@MaxFosterCNN: Royal source: "The couple only found out very recently. The Duchess has not even reached the crucial 12-week stage." #RoyalBaby

Last edited:
Since the trip had already been announced I guess she has just found out about the pregnancy...

I hope George has a healthy sibling whether a boy or a girl although a brother would obviously be able to play with him many of the same games at the same time while a sister would have different interests such as girly things.

That will only be true if they are raised to conform to gender stereotypes.

Anyway, great timing!

I think it's wonderful and I hope it's a healthy little girl I think William really wants a little Princess. I'm not how expected this was the timing with her first solo overseas engagement isn't the best. Hope she is ok.

Last Appearance was early August-Belgium and then the Tower with the Poppies.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Live reaction to the news:
David Cameron, UK Prime Minister“Many congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I’m delighted by the happy news that they’re expecting another baby.”

Nick Clegg, UK Deputy Prime Minister“Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the news that #RoyalBaby number two is on the way.”

Ed Miliband, UK Opposition Leader“Fantastic to hear that Prince George will soon be a big brother! Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their happy news.”

Alex Salmond, Scotland First Minister“Congratulations & best wishes to the Earl & Countess of Strathearn. Wonderful to hear they’re expecting their second baby – very happy news!”

Nigel Farage, UKIP leader - “Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge who are expecting their second child”
Live: reaction to the royal baby announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom