The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were old from George, why would they not be used when taken? If the UK press didn't want them for moral reasons. Someone else in the world would. Plus you are not going to know when the next baby is coming so you cant pass off a picture in January/February (if its George) with one suppose to be in summer. Or what if Kate cuts her hair shorter between kids?

Kate's doctors are known. It would be easy for a creeper paparazzi to find the office and camp out for the past couple of weeks to get the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There is a free press in Britain, the fact discretion is used when it comes to publishing any private photos, not just the royals is good.

My ex wife is British and I've lived in Britain for years and thankfully all monarchists I know and I'm one don't share this opinion.

Its a matter of taste

While I see your point, it should be noted that the Australia wardrobe malfunction was not an issue of private photos. It was a malfunction that happened in front of the official press during an engagement (or on the way to). Everyone likes to compare it to the topless photos or the bikini beach ones, but they're not comparable; in the topless and the bikini photos Kate had an expectation of privacy that was invaded. In the Australia wardrobe malfunction, Kate was in public, on an engagement, where she knew the press would be taking pictures of her.

The ick factor with the Australian dress photo was it being published several months after it actually happen. Almost all the royals have had these sort of clothing mishaps. Philip even had one with a kilt but that didn't make the paper.

Actually... it did. If you google "Prince Philip Kilt" you get results from Perez Hilton, TMZ, Daily Beast, etc, with headlines like "Prince Philip Unholsters his Sex Pistol in Scotland!!" and "Prince Philip Wears a Kilt -- Totally Flashes His Penis".

Internet yes, newspaper no. Websites like Perez Hilton's have no standards. A traditional news organization should have some standards.

The Prince Philip photos barely made a blip - only a few websites carried the story. I didn't hear about his wardrobe malfunction until a year or so after it happened. While Kate's phots were splashed everywhere.

What's scary, is that women now have to worry about creepers taking photos of our wardrobe malfunctions. Last week, a judge in Washington ruled that upskirt photos aren't illegal.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes there are sleazy men that try to take photos up a woman's skirt. The Australian photos don't fall into that category, as do her four (I think) "wardrobe malfunctions".

These obviously do not include the beach bikini and the topless sunbathing at a private estate which are an obvious breach of privacy.

Going completely off topic but there would probably have been more of a hoo-ha if Prince Philip had not been 'au naturel'!!

Does the palace announce the month Kate is due? I know we won't get an exact date.

With George it was announced the baby was due in July. Don't know what happens if the baby is on the edge of two months. Say it's due Apr 29, do they say late April/early May? They probably don't want all the journalist starting to camp out at the beginning of April if its going be maybe May before the baby comes

:previous: Yes there are sleazy men that try to take photos up a woman's skirt. The Australian photos don't fall into that category, as do her four (I think) "wardrobe malfunctions".

These obviously do not include the beach bikini and the topless sunbathing at a private estate which are an obvious breach of privacy.

My point was that Kate isn't the only one that is going to have to worry about her wardrobe malfunctions being photographed. The judge in the case I linked, stated that women don't have a right to privacy in public. So if you're walking down the street and the wind blows up your dress, or you're getting out of a cab and someone can see your underwear, then they have a right to take photos of you.

As for Kate, I believe there have only been 2 real wardrobe malfunctions. The other one (or two) wardrobe malfunctions just showed her legs. If a skirt blowing up (exposing nothing) is considered a wardrobe malfunction, then the Queen, Beatrice, Anne, Eugenie and a whole slew of royal women have also had multiple wardrobe malfunctions.

Last edited:
With George it was announced the baby was due in July. Don't know what happens if the baby is on the edge of two months. Say it's due Apr 29, do they say late April/early May? They probably don't want all the journalist starting to camp out at the beginning of April if its going be maybe May before the baby comes

I doubt they give a fig if the press waits outside a whole month. In fact they might be amused by the press suffering in the rain.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they opted for a home birth for this baby. George's birth went down without a hitch. It would give them more privacy. It would be a middle finger to the media who has dehumanized the royals for the sake of profit. And it would stop republicans from complaining about the cost of the Lindo Wing.

That's a good question. I think they would probably go with the later month. So if the baby is due at the very end of April, they'd go with a May due date.

I hope the say late April/ early May. And then have the press camp outside the hospital in April and please make it a wet , cold , rainy , snowy month . :whistling:

My point was that Kate isn't the only one that is going to have to worry about her wardrobe malfunctions being photographed. The judge in the case I linked, stated that women don't have a right to privacy in public. So if you're walking down the street and the wind blows up your dress, or you're getting out of a cab and someone can see your underwear, then they have a right to take photos of you.

As for Kate, I believe there have only been 2 real wardrobe malfunctions. The other one (or two) wardrobe malfunctions just showed her legs. If a skirt blowing up (exposing nothing) is considered a wardrobe malfunction, then the Queen, Beatrice, Anne, Eugenie and a whole slew of royal women have also had multiple wardrobe malfunctions.

Can we start a thread on Kate's wardrobe malfunctions.

I see London, I see France, I don't see....

They give the due date after the scan at 12 weeks?

There are all sorts of speculations on the internet about the photos being old but no-one's come up with the original snaps yet. How long has Dr Farthing had his consulting rooms at 145? That should solve things! It does look like heavy rain and not sleet, and paps hanging around.

As far as wardrobe malfunctions go, I always think that in windy locations like airports a pair of slacks are best. Otherwise, if the wind blows your dress up in spite of weights in the hem, it's much better to wear a full pair of knickers like Letizia did when she was caught, not a thong!

My fictional due date is hypothetical. The doctor should know approximately how far along she is. If she is 12 weeks now, 40 weeks is the end of April. The baby could come in April or it could come in May. I was just wondering if they would go with late April/early May instead of just a single month. If she is farther than the 12 weeks, it would more of the middle of April so if the baby is late, it's still April. Of course we aren't going to get a due date. From William's comments with George at the Lindo Wing, it seemed that George was late in coming.

I just hope baby Cambridge avoids Hitler's birthday. Otherwise all those crazies who believe in the anti-Christ/serpent people will have a total field day.

But 4/20 might be nice for our rastafarian friends.

They give the due date after the scan at 12 weeks?

A due date is usually given from the day you know you are pregnant. Doctors will calculate it from your last period. So the couple by now know when the baby is due. If there has been no announcement than I don't think she has hit the 12 weeks unless an announcement will be made this week.

Not sure how true it is, but I remember there was speculation that they waited until the 13 week mark before announcing George's due date.

There are all sorts of speculations on the internet about the photos being old but no-one's come up with the original snaps yet. How long has Dr Farthing had his consulting rooms at 145? That should solve things! It does look like heavy rain and not sleet, and paps hanging around.

As far as wardrobe malfunctions go, I always think that in windy locations like airports a pair of slacks are best. Otherwise, if the wind blows your dress up in spite of weights in the hem, it's much better to wear a full pair of knickers like Letizia did when she was caught, not a thong!

According to a few articles I've read, Dr. Farthing has been at that location for a number of years.

I don't get the people that think the photos are old. Photos of Kate during her 1st pregnancy were in high demand, so it would make no sense for the photographer to sit on them until now.

Last edited:
When it was announced that George was due in July Kate had already passed the 13 week mark... (the 13 week is considered to be one of the most week at risk for miscarriage) so I expect the palace to make announcement when Kate is around the 14 week

Last edited:
With the State Visit this week, they might wait until after for the announcement.

A Spring baby, thats nice. I hope all goes well for her.
I believe from the announcement, Catherine is still planning to make it for tomorrows event.

Perhaps we'll have an Easter royal baby for the The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

Easter is Apr 5. That might be a bit early.

If she had a scan last week she is due at the end of april so I think that even if the baby comes early we won't see him/her before mid-month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom