The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I am in agreement. Now, Diana as a middle name - that's virtually a certainty. I'm even prepared to believe they may choose Diana as the first name of younger daughter. But Diana as the first name of their first-born daughter? Can't see that happening.

I think they may include Diana's middle name for a girl, Frances. Also they could include the name Diana has part of a middle name as well.

I have to agree. I do not see Diana as a first name at all. Maybe as a middle name yes, or they may use Francis as a middle name. I think they will stay with the more traditional names. I do hope they will use Caroline somehow as Catherine is so close to her mom. It would be a nice gesture.

It doesn't matter what we commoners think. The Queen must approve the names Will and Kate choose. I don't see her approving 'Diana' as a first name, but maybe as a middle name. Do the girl babies born into the Windsor family HAVE to have a first and 3 middle names?

I think they should employ a couple of nannies, even if the Queen herself has to intervene. Its impossible to live in a 20 room, four floor apartment at Kensington Palace and not employ staff.

Absolutely...I think that recent events have highlighted the need for William and Kate to take on more staff in a variety of positions. Whether or not they are full-time royals right now has not diminished their status as worldwide celebrities (like it or not) and with that comes a certain responsibility to their own family and others. They simply can't go it alone anymore, not that they ever really did, but I'm talking about housekeepers, chefs, ladies in waiting, valets, etc. It's like they're pretending to be like everybody else when they obviously are not, so get on with it and let's have a professionally run household that can handle the demands of their lives.

It doesn't matter what we commoners think. The Queen must approve the names Will and Kate choose. I don't see her approving 'Diana' as a first name, but maybe as a middle name. Do the girl babies born into the Windsor family HAVE to have a first and 3 middle names?

Most of the ladies, I believe, have a first and 2 middle names. It's the men who have all 4. Why, I'm not entirely sure.

but not all ladies have 3 names, some have 4.
so i assume that if the first-born is a girl, she will have 4 names. (QEII doesnt count, because when she was born, it was never expected for her to take the throne)

I've been thinking on the subject of Will and Kate having a full time nanny and I've come to the conclusion that it is perhaps the best way to go for them and the child.

Having a full time nanny around 24/7 will not diminish Kate's ability to be a full time hands on mother but if/when occasions arise (and I'm positive they will) that the parents run into a stretch of a hectic schedule, when the nanny does step in as primary childcare, it will be someone that the child is very familiar with and comfortable with. We've seen how William and Harry formed a deep relationship with their nannies and it will ease things along when Kate really can't be available for the child's needs. If all goes well too, the nanny will be someone that Kate can lean on also as she doesn't seem to be the type of person that would ever feel threatened by her children's bond to a nanny.

I so happy with the news! I hope catherine is doing well now!

I think many will be disappointed if it not a girl. They want to see a Queen Regent grow up know what she has ahead of her. Imagine her with all the characteristic of Princess Anne? She could be a formidable woman on the World Stage.

Where both parents are working away from their home, whether together or separately, there is a necessity to find someone to look after their children. For lots of people (including my own parents), that means leaving children with grandparents or other family members. Now, unless something unexpected occurs, that's just not an option for William and Kate. The Middleton's run a growing and successful company, while Charles and Camilla have their own duties to complete. Pippa doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would want to become a full-time childminder.

The only real option, therefore, is to employ a sufficiently qualified nanny. I assume that the Cambridge children are likely to attend boarding school, so the need for a nanny is likely to reduce after the first number of years.

I imagine William and Kate will do something similar to David Cameron, who has small children. He tries to eat dinner with his family, and take part in the bedtime routine, at least a couple of days per week. Having that sort of defined routine is hugely important for children.

I think many will be disappointed if it not a girl.

I hope not, because frankly I don't think anyone should ever be disappointed because of gender.
Having a healthy child is enough to be grateful for.

I would personally accept and understand that. She's going to obviously go on maternity leave, for longer than William for obvious reasons but if she stays with the child for 6 months and only appear at big events I'd understand that. I'd certainly understand it better than their current situation.

We'll undoubtedly see a nanny appear sometime next year, I'm of the opinion that if you don't need one, don't have one. I will constantly think back to the way Charles and other royals have talked about their relationships with their nannies instead of their parents.

It used to be much more common for parents to hand over many of the day to day childcare tasks to the nanny, even if they weren't working or especially busy. My impression is that, for the majority of modern families, those who have nannies use them to complement the parents, not replace them.
Also, many royals who were raised the old fashioned way still have or had good relationships with their parents. Queen Elizabeth II was close to her mother and father. She and Prince Philip seem to have decent relationships with their own children, (including Charles). Frederik of Denmark has gone on record in the past about how he spent limited time with his parents as a young child, instead being cared for by his nanny, and yet he's close to his parents today, as is Prince Joachim. It's become less fashionable these days to have your children "raised by nannies" but there's no evidence this method of bringing up children was ineffective, either.

I am pretty sure, especially since the episode last Christmas, I am pretty sure there is a helicopter on stand by.

It used to be much more common for parents to hand over many of the day to day childcare tasks to the nanny, even if they weren't working or especially busy. My impression is that, for the majority of modern families, those who have nannies use them to complement the parents, not replace them.
Also, many royals who were raised the old fashioned way still have or had good relationships with their parents. Queen Elizabeth II was close to her mother and father. She and Prince Philip seem to have decent relationships with their own children, (including Charles). Frederik of Denmark has gone on record in the past about how he spent limited time with his parents as a young child, instead being cared for by his nanny, and yet he's close to his parents today, as is Prince Joachim. It's become less fashionable these days to have your children "raised by nannies" but there's no evidence this method of bringing up children was ineffective, either.

Yes, a nanny's role can vary widely. Both of my parents worked when I was young, and I had a nanny, but she was in no way a replacement for my parents. I've always been very, very close to my parents, though - they raised me, the nanny was just a wonderful additional figure in my life. So, it's definitely possible for William and Kate to be very hands-on parents regardless of whether or not they have a nanny - it's really up to them to decide. They both seem to be very close to their parents, and I expect that closeness will continue with the next generation.

I am not sure they will tell the public the gender of the baby ahead of the birth, so might as well stop fussing about it. I don't remember if any royal babies in modern times, since ultra-sound, had announcements made about this. I can't remember any. It may be July until the heir appears.
Maybe Harry should return to civilization, marry, and have a baby too, to make the spare more sure. Kate may not want to do this gig again. Anyway Afghanistan is a terrible place for Harry to be, even though he loves the service.

So then don't read them, simple as that. If they're causing you so much distress, don't click on any articles about it or switch the TV channel if they mention it. Nobody's forcing you to read about this story. There are untold numbers of articles about the Kardashians, for example, but as I have zero interest in them I don't read them.

There is so much coverage of William and Kate because the demand for that coverage is substantial. If people weren't interested, the stories wouldn't attract hits, sell newspapers or attract viewers and the amount of coverage would dwindle. The media are responding to what their customers demand.

So that would mean not coming to this forum, where it pops up all over the place.

Perhaps when Kate's vomiting has been talked over for another month, people will move on to something else.

In the meantime, I'll probably continue reading the forums that I have bookmarked.

This will not stop. It may change name and context, but that it the current form or result of a new royal. the forums will continue through her pregnancy to a the arrival. This child will only have to out live its three predecessors to get on the thrown, not by some unplanned accident. That does not occur often. The picture of the four of them at the christening will be lovely.

If she happens to be a girl, I wonder when she will get her first tiara. I imagine Prince Charles to be a grandfather much like George V, especially if it is a girl.

If she happens to be a girl, I wonder when she will get her first tiara. I imagine Prince Charles to be a grandfather much like George V, especially if it is a girl.

Just remember, unlike George V, Charles will have to avoid conflict diamonds,and that is pricier...:lol:

Considering we've never seen Beatrice, Eugenie, or Louise in tiaras and they're blood princesses I doubt baby Cambridge will be getting one immediately. Heir to the throne or no.

If was Catherine, I would nix on Sandringham and the church service. I think the best thing for her is rest and quiet. Why not? Hopefully she'll feel well enough to have a quiet Christmas with her husband, and some cuddling.
;)

I've been thinking on the subject of Will and Kate having a full time nanny and I've come to the conclusion that it is perhaps the best way to go for them and the child.

Having a full time nanny around 24/7 will not diminish Kate's ability to be a full time hands on mother but if/when occasions arise (and I'm positive they will) that the parents run into a stretch of a hectic schedule, when the nanny does step in as primary childcare, it will be someone that the child is very familiar with and comfortable with. We've seen how William and Harry formed a deep relationship with their nannies and it will ease things along when Kate really can't be available for the child's needs. If all goes well too, the nanny will be someone that Kate can lean on also as she doesn't seem to be the type of person that would ever feel threatened by her children's bond to a nanny.

I agree. When I was a child, it was more common to have a regular babysitter, someone known by the family and therefore familiar to the children, to watch them when needed. But often it was a teenaged neighborhood girl who wasn't always available. A nanny would be trained and a stable, dependable presence. And having a nanny does not automatically mean the parents are distant. The Queen became the monarch at a very early age, and I wonder how warm Prince Philip's childhood family relationship was. With heavy responsibilities and possibly having been themselves raised in a more "stiff upper lip" time, they may seem to modern eyes as cold and distant parents, but times have changed, and Diana set a model of very warm, loving parental involvement with her sons so, nanny or not, I expect William and Catherine will be very involved and loving with their children.

I don't see a vast difference between a nanny and day care. I was being looked after by someone else since before I can remember. I eventually ended up in day care as I grew older. When I started school I was in an after school program from 330-530 when I would see my mom for the first time in 9-10hrs; and I am freakishly close to my mom still and I'm in my late 20's. For royals day care would be hard because they don't have set hours like normal working parents. So if they have to do something at 10am, 1pm, then get a break before going to another event it would be sufficient to have a nanny taking care of your child close to where you are rather than driving wherever to get to a daycare and spend only 15mins with your child before you have to drive back to do another engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom