The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
georgina brewer‏@Georginaitv
King Edward hospital admits it fell victim to a hoax as Australian radio show phone and talk to Kate's nurse.

How awful!

Someone on another board tried to blame Kate's weight for her HG.
Also twins aren't necessarily born by c section; a normal birth can occur.

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal Earl and Countess of Wessex have spoken publicly about news of #William & #Kate pregnancy - 1st royals to comment - details shortly

What happen to that phone call? Was that real or fake?:ermm:

It was a fake call. It was a dumb thing for a Australian radio station to do. Probably a couple of young jockeys acting silly.

Although I don't think the press have to go on reporting about it as if it's the most important news in the world.

I do think this radio station should stop acting so silly. What are they trying to do, get William & Catherine upset or something? or looking for some fame?

It's very nice of Edward & Sophie to publically express their best wishes to the Cambridges.

Edward is a pretty cool guy and Sophie is fit :D

Fit! Haha, that is the first time I have heard anyone describe Sophie as "fit". I know you are not referring to her fitness, but her attractiveness but it did make me giggle. She is fit!

It's lovely to them to express their happiness. In the longer video of their reaction Sophie says to Edward that perhaps they should answer some questions and Edward says, "It depends what the question is!".

I feel really bad for the nurse who give out the information. I am sure he or she was well aware that one does not give out confidential information, but under pressure and the panic of it all, and with the person stating they were the Queen, he or she fell for it. I am sure they now feel incredibly guilty!

I wonder what will happen to that nurse!! :ermm:

I don't think anything will happen to the nurse. I think TRH and the hospital will understand that this was a prank call and the nurse was fooled.

Very bad joke from the Australian station. I just hope the nurse will not be blamed for it.

The nurse acted in a very stupid way, but I think she is rather young and unexperienced, she sounded as having strong emotions.

On the twin speculation, I just read a list of the various twins born to Diana's side, that is, to her brother and others in her heredity. Quite a few! But the doctor who described this situation said that hyperemesis gravidus occurs more frequently when girls are expected, even though the list of twins he gave included males as well as females.

Several people on TRF described their experience with hyperemesis gravidus and I made some casual notes that there seem to have been no more girls than boys, in fact, mostly boys.

But the interesting point to me this morning is the NUMBER of twins of either sex occurring in the Spencer family and their direct ancestors. Maybe, wow, there COULD be twins on the way.

Molly2101 said:
I feel really bad for the nurse who give out the information. I am sure he or she was well aware that one does not give out confidential information, but under pressure and the panic of it all, and with the person stating they were the Queen, he or she fell for it. I am sure they now feel incredibly guilty!

From th info I've read, I think the more serious issue is security with TRHs, not patient confidentiality. Did I read correctly that the nurse didn't divulge medical info but did mention things like when Prince William left the hospital?

What a stupid joke! In the US, it's illegal to do these kinds of calls, so the "prank calls" you hear on the air are staged because it's illegal to put anyone on the air without their permission.

Very bad joke from the Australian station. I just hope the nurse will not be blamed for it.

We differ in our opinion regarding this, then. When you are in hospital you are at the mercy of those who work there. Details of your condition should not be released to ANYONE not even your grandmother in law even if she happens to be the queen. This is elementary. The nurse needs to find a profession where she has no access to information about anyone's condition (famous or not) IMO.

This is why, as a nurse, I hate answering the phones!. You don't always have time to go to the chart and see if the patient signed a release to allow information to be given over the phone, and when I basically say "they're fine right now" or "they're having a good day" (because that's all I feel comfortable saying - you could be anyone on the other end, how do I know you are who you say you are?!?) people still keep fishing for info!. Even when you say, "sorry, I can't give you that information" and suggest they call a family member to get information, people get mad!

I don't know, I'm somehow thinking maybe The Queen or The Prince of Wales have called before or something. Then again I'm think they would call her room personally or be in contact with William for updates.

I don't know, it was a very dumb prank and thank God no major info was released.

It's true those nurses work long hours and they try to take everything as seriously as possible. I don't think they were expecting a prank call. They probably felt embarassed that something like this happened and apologized to TRH for the incident and will be even more cautious . Of course leave it up to the press to blow this up.

As royal commentator, Victoria Arbiter has said about the press-
Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
It's going to 8 months of silly stories I'm afraid. Anything they can possibly write about they will!

This is a private hospital and one would expect a better quality of service and care than you will get with the NHS.
I can't think of any defence the nurse can give for giving out confidential information.
If I am in charge of this hospital, the nurse would be looking for a new job.

Well I'm sure the nurse and staff have apologized to the royal couple and to the palace.

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Pippa and James Middleton arrive at hospital to see #Kate

No doubt she did apologise but IMO, sorry doesn't cut it. Luckily this was just a prank call and not some nut case trying to get access to TRH.
I would fire the nurse on the spot but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom