The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

I'm quite certain of that too. It is extremely likely that in the upcoming months, Her Majesty will issue Letters Patent granting all the (future) children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge the title of British Princes and Princesses with the style of Royal Highness - just as George VI did for then the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.

The Sun and The Mirror is already speculating about how the child will look like.

Here the Sun's bid, scroll down to the bottom of the page: Kate Middleton is pregnant with first child | The Sun |News
I sincerely hope they are well off the mark! :eek:

The Mirror's bid at least looks like human beings: Kate Middleton pregnant: See incredible images of what royal baby might look like - Mirror Online

It's consolation to learn that the British press is just as silly as the press in rest of the world.
It's going to be some loooong months for the poor readers, I fear. :p

Last edited:
I'm very happy for William and Catherine. I hope the pregnancy becomes easier and more pleasant for them. A source I read said that Catherine stayed with her parents for the weekend while William was away with friends . It was certainly good of William to drive to the Middleton's Bucklebury home on Monday in order to take Catherine to hospital. But I wonder how much time they actually spend together because it seems to me that William is often away doing things with his friends. Is it normal for wealthy people to spend their weekends separately? I wonder, too, whether Catherine is happy that William is gone for long periods of time both working and playing?

The Royals Watch

We don't know if William is always or very often away during his time off from work. It's not unusual for any couple to spend a little bit of time apart. I'd imagine that with the current development, His Highness may choose to stay a bit closer to home more often than not during his free time.

georgina brewer‏@Georginaitv
Reports of #middletons leaving their home in Bucklebury

Congratulations to Prince William & Princess Kate

I heard the Duchess was pregnant yesterday evening from my husband, but I was too tired to check TRF.
It is so "funny" for me to hear since Catherine and William got married one day before me and my husband and now we are pregnant together, probably we will be a mother around the same period in 2013:flowers:
Luckely I'm not having severe morning sickness, hopefully she will feel better soon!!

I heard the Duchess was pregnant yesterday evening from my husband, but I was too tired to check TRF.
It is so "funny" for me to hear since Catherine and William got married one day before me and my husband and now we are pregnant together, probably we will be a mother around the same period in 2013:flowers:
Luckely I'm not having severe morning sickness, hopefully she will feel better soon!!

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your first wee one. One thing for sure, if you stay tuned to TRF, you can keep up with the latest in maternity fashion. I'm sure the media is going to be all over this royal pregnancy on each and every little detail there is.

i hope this pregnancy isnt so bad she decides this is the one and only. :(

William has arrived at the hospital.

Is that a private hospital? It looks like a private small Clinic...maybe her doctor is from there...

It's not really up to her. They have to produce a spare.

They don't have to produce a spare, just means the line of succession is down to one. I imagine Catherine and William want a large family of their own anywhere.

Is that a private hospital? It looks like a private small Clinic...maybe her doctor is from there...

Private hospital.

King Edward VII Hospital is indeed a private one although it's hardly a small clinic. Originally, it had been a hospital for officers but now offered the treatment of all ranks of former servicemen, as well as other members of public. The Duke of Edinburgh was treated there during his hospitalization at the time of the Jubilee celebrations as well.

They don't have to produce a spare, just means the line of succession is down to one. I imagine Catherine and William want a large family of their own anywhere.

There's no written rule saying you have to produce a spare, there isn't one saying you have to produce an heir either, it's more of an ideal expectation.

There's no written rule saying you have to produce a spare, there isn't one saying you have to produce an heir either, it's more of an ideal expectation.

Well obviously. If it's better for Catherine's health that she only have one child than that's the preferred option.

King Edward VII Hospital is indeed a private one although it's hardly a small clinic. Originally, it had been a hospital for officers but now offered the treatment of all ranks of former servicemen, as well as other members of public. The Duke of Edinburgh was treated there during his hospitalization at the time of the Jubilee celebrations as well.

Can we expect the birth to take place there as well?

I'm not even sure where the King Edward VII Hospital is located, in Wales I presume?
I'm sure there are excellent hospitals in Wales. But since we are talking about a future monarch isn't it more likely that the birth will take place at one of the largest and best hopitals in UK? Like The London?

Well obviously. If it's better for Catherine's health that she only have one child than that's the preferred option.
Not at all. Her condition isn't dangerous to her or her baby as long as she's following the doctors' advices and treatment (which she obviously will), it's not necessarily how she will feel during the next months or the next pregnancy/ies. So having more children would be no problem for her.

I'm not even sure where the King Edward VII Hospital is located, in Wales I presume?
I'm sure there are excellent hospitals in Wales. But since we are talking about a future monarch isn't it more likely that the birth will take place at one of the largest and best hopitals in UK? Like The London?
It's in London. Whether or not she will have her baby there is another question, the Duke was born in St.Mary

I would personally put my money on St. Mary's Hospital for the royal birth.

The hospital is in central London (Beaumont Street). IT is described as London's leading private hospital. However, both William and Harry were born in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's, Paddington - also in London. It would depend on where Catherine's doctor is based, I should think.

Wiki link about the hospital
King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link to hospital

London Hospital, Private Hospital London, London Private Hospital, King Edward VII Sister Agnes

King Edward VII Hospital is in London. It can't be excluded as the hospital where William and Kate's child will be born but I think St Mary's Hospital (also in London) is much more probable; that's where both William and Harry were born. Portland Hospital (in London as well) is possible too.

Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on an instant reply. :flowers:

So St Mary's seems more likely.

Then I have a couple of follow up questions.

I would assume that the current procedure will be similar to the ones when Diana gave birth to William and Harry.
That means that a maternity team is being selected shortly? That this team will be on more or less permanent stand-by in six months time? And that personal rooms at the matenity ward will be prepared in a few months (in regards to security and privacy)?
Will there be any details presented about any maternity team?

Last edited:
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your first wee one. One thing for sure, if you stay tuned to TRF, you can keep up with the latest in maternity fashion. I'm sure the media is going to be all over this royal pregnancy on each and every little detail there is.

Thank you Osipi. I will keep following the TRF about Kate's pregnancy, but I doubt my budget will allow me to wear the same clothes as she does :)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on an instant reply. :flowers:

So St Mary's seems more likely.

Then I have a couple of follow up questions.

I would assume that the current procedure will be similar to the ones when Diana gave birth to William and Harry.
That means that a maternity team is being selected shortly? That this team will be on more or less permanent stand-by in six months time? And that personal rooms at the matenity ward will be prepared in a few months (in regards to security and privacy)?
Will there be any details presented about any maternity team?

Catherine is being treated by Marcus Setchell - quote from Telegraph and link to full artucle which is about the hospital.

It was reported last night that the Duchess of Cambridge was being cared for by Marcus Setchell, the Queen’s former surgeon-gynaecologist.
Mr Setchell delivered the Countess of Wessex’s daughter Lady Louise Windsor and son James, Viscount Severn.
He took over the role of surgeon to the Queen in 1990 from the late Sir George Pinker who delivered nine Royal babies, including Princes William and Harry.

Duchess of Cambridge treated at hospital with a long Royal tradition - Telegraph

Such wonderful news. Many best wishes and congratulations to TRH The Duke and Duchess and to HRH The Prince of Wales on becoming a grand father.

Many cheers to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom