The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Parents-to-be and the rest of The Family! I am sure that they all must be thrilled.

I had hyperemesis with both my children, many years ago. I lost 15 lbs in the first 3 weeks with each of them. Couldn't even manage water. And, the smell of certain foods was anathema to me. I love my coffee first thing in the morning, but during this time, I couldn't bear the smell of coffee. After an IV and medication, things improved. Although I had to take the medication throughout the entire 9 months. And, both my children were healthy and well.

I also remember how wonderful that first cup of coffee tasted after 9 months without it. Funny...

The press said it in they are right........ congrats to them i know harry will be happy when he find out.

According to British News, Harry already knows,they would not of announced it before telling him. It would not be fair!

I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..:cool:
Not true at all. Due to this announcement, I'm learning quite a bit about Hyperemesis. So many people on blogs and twitter are discussing how they or their family/friends suffered and had to go into the hospital due to this condition. Even the news programs are interviewing doctors about it.

Hyperemesis is not your typical morning sickness - it's much worse. Many women lose tons of weight and can't keep anything down (including water).

It's been announced that Catherine has canceled her next 3 engagements.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple. Here's hoping Kate ( & William) get to enjoy some of their first pregnancy. What a fantastic way for the Queen to end her Jubilee Year. Knowing that she records her Christmas message early, I wonder if she'll include a comment about this happy news.

David Wilkinson‏@Wilkinson_David
Breaking: William just left hospital #royalbaby

Congratulations to the couple and their families. What great news :)
Hope the Duchess feels better soon and can enjoy her pregnancy.

Sky News have just said,that Prince Harry was told today by email!!! :)

BTW: I hope for HRH Prince Christian of Denmark that it will be a boy. But guess the picture: King Christian among many beautiful European queens.

For people in North America, CNN Headline News is airing a special tonight at 7 Eastern on today's special Royal announcement.

Last edited:
Well I have now learn more about pregnancy sickness...hope she will get well soon and enjoy her pregnancy with good morning walkings insted of morning sickness

Of they could have just kept quiet about the admittance and announced the pregnancy when it was at a safer stage. They practically forced their own hand.

Well, yes, I agree - and had it been expected that she would stay in just overnight (which would have been relatively easy to keep from becoming public) then I imagine they could have whisked her in and out no problem and announced the news at a later date.
I just think it's a case of wanting to avoid unrequired speculation and rumour and keeping as much control on information as possible. Had the unfortunate morning sickness not occurred, then I don't think we would be any the wiser for a good few weeks yet and the secret would have been announced when originally planned. However, the circumstances did indeed force their hand in a positive way because they still made the announcement without weeks of speculation and the press going mad!

Congrats to the happy parents to be! I just knew when she cut her hair that this was coming... couldn't be happier for them!

I was very happy to see the announcement of the pregnancy, and wish the couple all the best! I hope Kate feels better soon and it's all smooth sailing for the next seven or eight months, (not to mention the next eighteen to twenty years :) ).

Its wonderful news.

Lots of comments about why the announcement was made now. Here is an explanation from the Telegraph.

Kate Middleton is pregnant - Telegraph

This makes sense to me. Of all the negatives attached to being a royal, not being in control of this sort of news would be awful.

I guess this announcement also ends any debate over whether William will leave the RAF?

Great news! I hope Kate will now get all the rest she needs at this early stage. My aunt suffered from morning sickness twice in a very acute form and she said sometimes she didn't know how to make it through the day.

Hyperemesis gravidus is more serious than "morning sickness". It is called "hyper" (high)
emesis (vomiting) because the woman usually vomits every time she tries to eat. In my case, when I had it millions of years ago, I would vomit even an aspirin and certainly vomit every pill or capsule. I would retch at the mere smell of coffee. I was hospitalized on IV twice, and was perfectly well while on the IV, but in my case there was a secret reason for this. I had the "royal disease" porphyria, in which glucose IV's are the basic treatment for an attack of porphyria. So I was not sick while on IV's. I could eat the high calorie diet they brought me (Napoleons and steak) without vomiting at all. I took no liquid by mouth. But the minute I went home, off the IV, I would vomit. So my husband was disgusted, and I left him four months later after a lot of verbal abuse about my "mental illness". My child is 50 years old now. He was a large baby, not sickly at all. But I lost a lot of weight those first three months, then gained it back and more!

Catherine probably does not have hyperemisus gravidus because of Porphyria. It could be because she's too thin anyway, but not too likely. There is always the very faint possibility that she is sick because the child has porphyria, which is known to make miserable some of the royals, but not too likely, and I would not worry about it. I hope she becomes hale and hearty as I did after three and a half months. But it made everyone in my husband's family angry that I was such a wimp. No doubt Kate will be coddled and all will go swimmingly.

Last edited:
I just hope this doesn"t last the whole nine months. I had 4 children and was sick from the day I got pregnanent until I delivered. Not fun. I was hospitalized many times. Of course, this was over 50 years ago and hopefully the medicines are better now.

I know William isn't too pleased to leave his wife and baby in the hospital. I hope she's getting some good rest and her morning sickness calms down so she can and the baby can go home.

Congratulations to the couple. I wish all the best for them! (and hope it's a girl)

Please God, let the next heir be a baby prince.

Does this mean when the baby is born that "officially" she will have to curtsy to her son/daughter? Wait now wont the curtsy rule kind of change for her? Now that she will be with the third in line for the throne most all the time, She would be with someone that out ranks everyone from Daddy down. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom