The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Various tweets/reports claim that the royal family just found out the news today before William took her to the hospital. If that is true, I can't imagine she would've told "friends" anything, probably just her parents.

First of all, Congratulations :)

They might not have told ALL family members. Just the closest. But when it comes to this friend who told the press. Who knows, maybe a little test? Checking if someone is discreet enough to become a god-parent? Just an idea of course ...

Congratulations to TRH! Wishing Catherine well.

Well that's lovely. :) thanks for letting me know. Also your faith in the Nurses and Doctors at hospitals, particularly that one, does amuse me.

I'm glad I amuse you, that's set my mind at ease.

Doctors and nurses are not mute robots. They have conversations with each other in open areas of the hospital which can be overheard, despite best efforts. Or maybe someone working in the hospital pharmacy might let it slip, or one of the administrators who deal with the hospital's records. Or a porter transporting files around the hospital. There are simply too many people who could easily find out, even in a private hospital, to keep it a secret.

Congrats....to them both....hope she is feeling better soon.

I'm glad I amuse you, that's set my mind at ease.

Doctors and nurses are not mute robots. They have conversations with each other in open areas of the hospital which can be overheard, despite best efforts. Or maybe someone working in the hospital pharmacy might let it slip, or one of the administrators who deal with the hospital's records. Or a porter transporting files around the hospital. There are simply too many people who could easily find out, even in a private hospital, to keep it a secret.

EIIR is correct, nurses and doctors, and everyone else who works in a hospital talks. I know, I work in one. A few years ago we had a major political figure who checked into our hospital. Someone from housekeeping leaked it to the press that he was here and his office had to put out a statement. That employee was fired for breaching the confidentiality of the patient.

I am so happy for them! I hope Catherine's ok and the morning sickness thing isn't too serious. I had managed not to notice till I opened TRF and am in fact quite mad that no one had told me about these joyous news :lol:

President Obama and his wife have sent their congratulations to William and Kate.

It's been great to see all of the well-wishes for the couple and their little one. :)

I'd just like to echo that I think it's best that they officially announced the pregnancy rather than waiting it out. There's no way they could keep this secret, no way.

Very happy news for me to wake up to this morning!
I'm delighted for Their Royal Highnesses and wish them a healthy bonny baby, and good health to the Mama-to-be.

Congrats, Congrats, CONGRATS!:bunny::britflag::walesflag::king::queen3::baby::cheers::duckie::hug::rose2::rose2::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I hope all ends well for her and baby...

My local newspaper issued a special online edition just now with 'Here Comes the Heir' in big bold type :lol:

Oh I forgot:

Congrats to HM the Queen & HRH the Duke of Edinbourgh!
Congrats to HRH Charles, Prince of Wales!
Congrats to Mr. Michael & Mrs. Carole Middleton!

And Princess Diana must be very happy in Heaven...

The press said it in they are right........ congrats to them i know harry will be happy when he find out.

Great news! Congratulations to the parents-to-be and the whole Royal Family!:britflag::britflag::britflag::clap:

Hope Catherine gets better soon :flowers:

I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..:cool:

So very exciting! Congratulations to the parents and grandparents to be! :D

:fireworks: Congratulations to the happy couple! :fireworks: What wonderful news on this Monday morning! :britflag:

I have just heard the news...I am happy for them. I also think that they made the announcement because of her entrance in the hospital...however I am pretty sure that morning sickness was not the reason, no one will go to the hospital because of morning sickness..:cool:

Actually a friend of mine was hospitalised for morning sickness, she became dehydrated because she couldn't even keep water down. :eek:

That's not true at all. The type of morning sickness she has, which they announced by name, usually requires a visit to the hospital.

Hyperemesis gravidarum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel bad for Kate, because this condition sounds awful and also because people are already writing it off and acting like she's malingering.

Morning sickness at its worse is absolutely a matter for hospitalization. I know. I've been there and on medication for it throughout my entire first pregnancy. There are so many threats to a woman's health due to severe morning sickness let alone to the fetus itself. Kate is absolutely in the best possible place for her and her baby's well being. Being under strict observation will hopefully ensure that the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Yes, I imagine the late Princess of Wales is smiling down on her son & daughter-in-law.

The royal family and palace must be happy over this news and wishing the Cambridges well on this journey.

What lovely news! I hope Her Highness feels better.

A friend of mine lost quite a bit of weight in the early stages of her pregnancy because she could not keep anything down. She was never admitted, but twice they hooked her up to an IV and kept her in emerg overnight to make sure she was hydrated and that her electrolytes were in balace. It all turned out in the end and the baby is happy, healthy and growing like a weed (and crazy about her "Auntie").
Hope Kate feels better soon and that the rest of her pregnancy is easy!

Baby Cambridge!!!!

Well that's a great news congratulations for both Kate and William i hope she will enjoy her pregnancy time.

Such fantastic news! Congratulations! :britflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom