The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite easy to say 'Catherine is ill', there's a huge reason why pregnancy is usually announced at 3 months. I hope for their sake everything goes according to plan.
People have speculated since they got engaged, American tabloids tell us she's been pregnant at least 3 times and occasionally with twins.

EDIT: there's now a royal foetus twitter account.

Last edited:
Congrats to the couple, hope everything is okay

Last edited:
It's quite easy to say 'Catherine is ill', there's a huge reason why pregnancy is usually announced at 3 months. I hope for their sake everything goes according to plan.
People have speculated since they got engaged, American tabloids tell us she's been pregnant at least 3 times and occasionally with twins.

EDIT: there's now a royal foetus twitter account.

I do not think the "Catherine is ill" story would fly at all. There would be all sorts of speculation, along with questions as to the nature of the illness. I tend to agree with the approach taken by the Palace to come clean, and announce the reason why she is in hospital.

Great news.
Let's hope for an untroubled pregnancy and for the child having roughly the right number of arms and legs.

That must mean a birth in May or June, I guess.

And William is in for some interesting few months. :D - If he has previously thought Kate could sometimes act irrationally he ain't seen anything yet! :shock:

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Muhler said:
Great news.
Let's hope for an untroubled pregnancy and for the child having roughly the right number of arms and legs.

That must mean a birth in May or June, I guess.

And William is in for some interesting few months. :D - If he has previously thought Kate could sometimes act irrationally he ain't seen anything yet! :shock:

June baby, if the calculations people are doing on twitter are correct. I would hate for it to be the same day as William's birthday.

June baby, if the calculations people are doing on twitter are correct. I would hate for it to be the same day as William's birthday.

It could be born on HM The Queen's Official Birthday either!:whistling:

Yay! Thats so exciting. Shame she's having such a rough go with morning sickness though

I am so happy for them! Wonderful news! Congratulations William and Kate! Can't wait for the baby to be born! They will be perfect parents!

AAAAH! So happy and exited!!!
Kate- and Royal haters are now really angry, but I don't care! I'm so happy :lol::lol:

I'm sad she's sick. And God, I'm so exited! Cannot wait to be in june!

Kate was at her parents' house when she took ill. Reports say that William is at the hospital with her.

Yeah, I've heard June or July.

Last edited:

Yes, quite easy until a nurse or doctor at the KEVII hospital, who is familiar with the actual reason she's there, accidentally mentions it to a cleaner or a porter or one of the catering staff, or even another patient, who then sells the information to one of the many journalists who are, as we speak, hanging around outside the hospital.

They simply would never have been able to contain the true cause of Kate's illness for any length of time, so they opted to control the release of the information themselves. Makes perfect sense to me.

Lumutqueen said:

Why would you hate that? My daughter was born on my husband's birthday, and they love that they share the day. Each year we celebrate with two cakes, and it's special for both of them. As I delivered her, everyone clapped and sang Happy Birthday to both my hubby and the new baby, and we all agreed I never had to give him another present!!

Congrats to the whole family on the pregnancy. I hope Catherine is feeling better soon. I had severe morning sickness with only one of my four babies... My doctor pointed out that was a good sign of a healthy, growing baby!!

Makes perfect sense to me.

Well that's lovely. :) thanks for letting me know. Also your faith in the Nurses and Doctors at hospitals, particularly that one, does amuse me.

Why would you hate that?

Because IMO within a family, everyone should have their own birthday and never have to share it. I understand that you obviously share your birthday with someone in the world, but within your own family I don't like it. Your birthday should be your own. I do feel sorry for twins.

Also - imagine when it comes to royal birthday celebrations, taxpayer would have a field day.

Last edited:
I think the couple's website has crashed. Anyone else having difficulty accessing it?

Such great news, apart from the fact that Catherine has it hard. Hope the doctors can stop the sickness, so she can enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Harry will be very happy when he is not longer the "spare".

Such great news, apart from the fact that Catherine has it hard. Hope the doctors can stop the sickness, so she can enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Harry will be very happy when he is not longer the "spare".

Harry must be jumping for joy! He is now free to marry whatever glamour model his heart desires :lol:

what splendid news! I am so very happy for William and Catherine. Im sure the families are beside themselves with joy. Im just glad it was announced since alot of the members had " speculated " that she might be pregnant. Now we can all move forward and discuss her preganancy without being reprimanded for " assuming ".:lol: Anyway, hope Catherine feels better soon and I honestly do not know how she was able to keep her schedule while feeling terrible. I give her credit for trying to keep up. This is a new chapter in the lives of two wonderful, loving people who deserve all the happiness in the world and I am sure that Diana is looking down with total joy for her boy. congratulations to both families and CHEERS!!! :cheers:

Silly question: but can Doctors stop a sickness like this? Henry will still have to be around until the child's 18 I would have thought but it will definitely be a weight off his shoulders. Africa here I come, I bet ;)

Such happy news! I hope she recovers quickly and that the rest of her pregnancy goes more easily!:flowers:

Congratulations to them both!!!!! So happy for them, hope Catherine get better soon!

I'm so glad for them also that the timing of the pregnancy worked out so well for them- their new home will probably be ready for them, and they have no tours scheduled.

I am soooooooooooooo happy for them and I can't stop to smile.

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge I wish a perfect pregnancy and both a wonderful time to prepare the birth.

The doctor on FOX News from Buffalo is saying Catherine's sickness is a sign of twins hehehe

Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond, released the following statement: "My warmest congratulations and sincere best wishes to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn on this wonderful news. Everyone in Scotland will join me in wishing the couple the very best as they prepare for the birth of their first child."

Silly question: but can Doctors stop a sickness like this? Henry will still have to be around until the child's 18 I would have thought but it will definitely be a weight off his shoulders. Africa here I come, I bet ;)
From the info in PrincePatrick's post, it looks like it can be managed with hydration and medication.

The official site is down because of high traffic. They've put a temp site up with news of the announcement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom