The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a modern doctor perform routine ultrasound and not know the sex of the baby? The doctor will know and he should ask them if they want to know (if they can't tell from the ultrasound).

Depends on how the baby's position is in the womb. If you see a penis, then it's clear: a boy. But if you don't see one, it could mean a girl but could be a boy as well because in some cases due to the positioning of the baby the penis could be hidden. :flowers:

I remember people predicting Harry would be a girl but Diana actually said she knew he was a boy she had seen it on one of her scans but didn't tell anyone.

Moreover, she didn't even tell Charles! She related his disappointment in the delivery room at another boy and one who was ginger. Presumably the ginger bit was a surprise for both of them, not being something that shows up on ultrasound. :-]

Depends on how the baby's position is in the womb. If you see a penis, then it's clear: a boy. But if you don't see one, it could mean a girl but could be a boy as well because in some cases due to the positioning of the baby the penis could be hidden. :flowers:
sometimes they say it's a boy and then it's a girl. this is what happened to a cousin of mine. Doctor told her that probably she was having a boy, but in fact it it was baby's labia majora that appeared to be testicles:lol:

They could find out and keep it a secret. The Dr will be able tell all pregnant mothers have ultrasounds. It is usually hard to miss. Most parents like to keep the sex as a surprise I'm sure we will get rumours. I remember people predicting Harry would be a girl but Diana actually said she knew he was a boy she had seen it on one of her scans but didn't tell anyone. I hope it's a girl I think it would be much needed to have a break from 2 Kings. Speculation about the gender an baby names is all part of the fun Royal Baby or not.
I think they would like o know the gender of the baby and I'm sure we will get rumours too:ROFLMAO:

There are other options to find out gender besides an ultrasound/scan. Some mothers choose to have a CVS test around 11 weeks, and that can determine gender with 100% accuracy.

Personally, I'm more interested in learning her due date than gender. :)

There are other options to find out gender besides an ultrasound/scan. Some mothers choose to have a CVS test around 11 weeks, and that can determine gender with 100% accuracy.

Personally, I'm more interested in learning her due date than gender. :)

We will never learn Kate's due date, simply because that information is never released.

Interestingly though, using an estimate that Kate - as of today's date - is 10 to 14 weeks pregnant - and using an online due date calculator, she would be due somewhere between mid-June and mid-July. Then add in another couple of weeks either way (babies are notorious for being a bit early or a bit late) and I think that predicting any day in June or July is a good bet.

As an aside, using the 'fruit equation' (where the size of a fetus is compared to a fruit) if you accept that Kate is currently 10 to 14 weeks pregnant, then the fetus right now is the size of a lime.

Margarita anyone? :lol:

Last edited:
We will never learn Kate's due date, simply because that information is never released.

It seems to me that they usually give a rough estimate, like "expecting a baby in early July" once the mother reaches the 12-week mark.

It seems to me that they usually give a rough estimate, like "expecting a baby in early July" once the mother reaches the 12-week mark.

Yes, you are correct, they do give a rough estimate, but usually just the month, however, they don't give the actual due date.

I checked the People Magazine archives and for William, who was born on June 21st
...Britain was proudly atwitter over a new royal announcement: The newlywed Diana, Princess of Wales, is expecting to deliver an heir to the throne sometime in June.
Link here: The Pregnant Princess - Pregnancy, The British Royals, Prince Charles, Princess Diana : People.com

and for a more recent example, I checked the People archives for James, son of Sophie and Edward who was born December 17 -
...Prince Edward, and his wife Sophie are expecting their second child in December.
Link here: Prince Edward, Wife Sophie Expecting Baby No. 2 - Pregnancy, Prince Edward : People.com

Last edited:

Yes, that's likely if a couple only has one or two ultrasounds after the 8-9th week. But for a small fetus to be in the same position at biweekly check-ups, it's highly unusual for the genitals not to be seen. 20 years ago, 1-2 ultrasounds were normal. Today, people have 5-6, and for women with really good healthcare plans, it can be more than that.

I am assuming the Duchess of Cambridge has good healthcare. I would suspect they did at least a couple of ultrasounds when she was hospitalized, to make sure there were no problems with the embryo. I would also assume that if the embryo is healthy, it is moving around.

When ultrasounds are done relatively late in pregnancy, there's less chance of telling the sex, but if a couple are done at 4 and 6 months (or 4,5 and 6 months, as is common here), it would be highly unusual not to be able to see most of the fetus's body.

Just doing the ultrasound will make many fetuses squirm around a little bit (from the pressure of the wand, not from the ultrasound itself). Naturally, if the couple doesn't want to know, they could try and opt for fewer ultrasounds, but as it's a chief way of noticing if anything is going wrong in development, that isn't wise.

I think William and Catherine will know every detail about their pregnancy, there will be no surprises. Its just the information wont be shared with the public.

Yeah, they will know everything it's just that we won't know everything.

Yeah, they will know everything it's just that we won't know everything.

I know they are in the public eye, famous, etc., but sometimes I do not blame the famous for not sharing every detail. Just speaking for myself, I cannot imagine being expected (I am not accusing anyone here of this) to share such intimate details about my life with the public!!!:eek:

I really hope that the couple can keep as much information as possible private - its a special time for them and I am really uncomfortable with the thought of the media trying to get personal (I think its personal) details such as the gender of the child in order to satisfy the public's interest.

It would so intrusive.

I really hope that the couple can keep as much information as possible private - its a special time for them and I am really uncomfortable with the thought of the media trying to get personal (I think its personal) details such as the gender of the child in order to satisfy the public's interest.

It would so intrusive.

Totally agree:):)

:previous: Oh yes, I totally agree too - that's always the way it should be. :)

However, it is fun to speculate - I mean much of this thread is about whether it's a boy or a girl, when it's due, what the baby's name(s) will be - all speculation. I kind of liken it to Christmas, or taking a big holiday - the lead up and anticipation of the event is what adds a pleasurable dimension to the whole event.

:previous: Oh yes, I totally agree too - that's always the way it should be. :)

However, it is fun to speculate - I mean much of this thread is about whether it's a boy or a girl, when it's due, what the baby's name(s) will be - all speculation. I kind of liken it to Christmas, or taking a big holiday - the lead up and anticipation of the event is what adds a pleasurable dimension to the whole event.

Of course, it is fun to speculate! Just me being grateful I am not famous LOL

I think William and Catherine will know every detail about their pregnancy, there will be no surprises. Its just the information wont be shared with the public.

I agree. It's possible they already know. I'm sure they know whether it's twins or not.

Oh good gawd just wait until the freakin summer!
I hate how people just need to know every little thing about someone famous; it's their child and there are a select few who need to know what she's having or how many.
Anyway, are WnK back in Anglessey? I would definitely hide if I were them.

Last edited:
Oh good gawd just wait until the freakin summer!
I hate how people just need to know every little thing about someone famous; it's their child and there are a select few who need to know what she's having or how many.
Anyway, are WnK back in Anglessey? I would definitely hide if I were them.

Thank you!!!
We know they were in London yesterday for the staff Christmas party, I can't imagine they'd be going back unless William is at work for Christmas and then Catherine will probably stay with her parents. Today is also the family lunch at BP which they're expected to attend.

Interesting video ,,, I've never noticed before how she touched her belly because of illness or pain ,, But this video very clear ,,, God save her ,,, Thank you for posting :flowers:
she's always touching her belly, believe me:) remember last year during their engagement in Denmark?

Its not always easy to know what to do with your hands. I suppose Catherine could swing her arms like a sapper when she walked

haha yes I noticed that she touching her belly always ,,, but this is kind ok from the Etiquette for women when she not know what to do with hands & even man .,, try to check most of royals does ,,, maybe Kate Exaggerated of ,,, but exactly like how Duck-of-earl commented , not always easy to know what to do with your hands .

Last edited:
Touching ? She is holding her hands in front of her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom