The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biboquinhas, I do hope medicine for nausea works well these days and that it helps Catherine. When I had HG I threw up every pill I took within 30 seconds.
I know, unbelievable, but it was as if I had a tennis "serve" going on in my stomach. However, maybe there are "shots" today that work better than pills. Remember the horror we had in the late 50's with Thalidomide, which women took for nausea during pregnancy, and which produced deformed babies. There was another later one available when I had HG, but I didn't try it as I knew it would come up, and lucky me that I didn't, because it turned out to be deforming of some babies too, although not as severely as Thalidomide. Mine may be been a special case, having Porphyria as well as HG, but I do think that with Porphyria I would not throw up a pill in 30 seconds. I would have to wait until the p450 detox system was threatened, some hours at least. So I wonder if others who have had HG threw up pills with such amazing speed?

I

Last edited:
But why not a day care school! I will consider first a day care school...everything is "open" we can see what really happens there...otherwise I will consdier a nany inside my family...I will not trust anyone due to this circunstances...beeing a royal...

The Cambridges will likely be choosing from a pool of nannies who have been specifically trained to work with high profile families. It's not like they're going to be picking through childcare ads on Craigslist. These nannies are highly paid professionals and the chosen candidate will be exhaustively vetted, probably before she's even allowed to set eyes on the baby. None of that is an absolute guarantee that the child will be treated well, of course, (you can't guarantee a child will be treated well even when she's with her own parents), but William and Kate will have much more control over the situation than they would if they used a day care centre for their infant.

Regarding the family member issue, WHO in the royal or Middleton families is going to give up their career to become William and Kate's nanny? Pippa? Harry?

Sometimes members of the royal family pick nannies that have already served another member of the royal family too. I'm sure whoever they pick at some point will be fine.

I must admit I am a bit tired of television entertainment shows reporting on Catherines pregnancy as "entertainment" with all the usual speculation of a grocery store tabloid. Tonight they even went into the story of the nurses suicide, her suicide note and her method of suicide all the while saying they have no details on any of it.

I see Catherine's pregnancy has brought out the worst and best of people.

Please note that off topic and insulting posts have been deleted. I think most of you know why, but just in case some of us need a refesher, please note the following TRF rules that you agreed to abide by when you joined TRF (yes, I know some of us didn't read them but you are still held accountable as if you did!)

• Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
And on another note, let's end the speculative discussion about a Cambridge miscarriage as well as whether or not the Cambridges will engage the services of a nanny or the location of their Christmas celebration. Especially since Clarence House will answer some of those questions in due time. Because, guess what?! Another TRF rule regarding speculation.

• Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Any and all off topic posts will be deleted without notice. If you have any questions, please contact a member of the TRF moderation team via PM because (yes, another TRF rule)

• It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.

And yes, your post will be deleted.

I have also deleted some posts of praise for a fellow TRF member, please note that while appreciated these posts are also off topic. If you would like to show your appreciation for a TRF member, please click on the Thanks button in one of their posts and let them know what you think of their contributions to TRF. I am sure they will appreciate the sentiments.

And I apologize in advance for the length of this message.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Well, after having read all 37 pages of this thread (!!!), I'm going to wish the Cambridges congratulations, and wish them and their new baby all the best!! On a personal level, I think they've waited a long time for this moment & they must be thrilled!

Yeah, I bet they are thrilled too. It's touching to have watched this couple since they graduated from St Andews and dated for all those years and now they are starting a family. It's a beautiful thing to see.

i know it works diferent in each women, but in general, which month does bump of Catherine starting to show? considering her body type, etc... maybe someone who was been through pregnancies can tell somewhat.
but has i said above, it not works the same for every women, i just want to know the general opinion^^

It varies with every woman and how many times they've been pregnant. My guess is that as Kate is very tall and slim, plus athletic, and it's her first baby, we won't really be able to see anything until she's four or five months along. Some women just don't get very big. Lucky them!

To be honest, I think it's almost impossible to tell by now what kind of bump Catherine is gonna have. I could imagine that because she's so thin, her bump wouldn't be incredibly huge, but then again I've known very, very slim women who's had big bumps.

Catherine is already glowing and will be the most beautiful expectant mum in all the UK.

Just to put in my opinion, I think they will have no problems making a wonderful family being protectors of faith and living. They know well of examples and of learning of our present fate as living as examples. Our day of the current is not without it's uniqueness and mind altering newness. We haven't seen our way of following each other as now or even in the near future as in the past. It's a brave new World but I give to Will and the House of Windsor to take on the humungous importance of the day and prove the Wale family strong, bound and astounding. Sometimes I wish them patience, breadth of health and love of all life. Then they may understand what is their purpose and why they are the family for their part of the World. Yet, i find it that joy and life is for everyone. So good luck to all and Merry Christmas. May they open presents, greet and have a happy new year!! :holly:

Secrets of the Royal Nursery

I was amazed last night watching television. Up pops footage of William and Kate in a mesmerizing collage of them at various functions including their wedding. Tonight folks, on Lifetime TV at 10pm EST, they're airing a special on the Cambridge pregnancy with the teaser title of "Secrets of the Royal Nursery".

Let the Babymania begin! Sheeesh the kid isn't even here yet and he/she is already on the path to baby icon status. :ROFLMAO:

Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
Keeping everyone on their toes SJP also said the Duchess will divide her time between London, Anglesey & Bucklebury as she usually does.

i know it works diferent in each women, but in general, which month does bump of Catherine starting to show? considering her body type, etc... maybe someone who was been through pregnancies can tell somewhat.
but has i said above, it not works the same for every women, i just want to know the general opinion^^
I am as tall, and in those days was that thin. I announced the pregnancy to my family at 29 weeks. Sometimes if you are tall, and the baby is laying a certain way, you really dont show for a long time.

May I ask, about the nanny issue --- how many of you against nannies have actually had one/been raised with one?

I ask because I had a nanny until I was 12 and it didn't detract from my close relationship with my parents one bit and I never felt like I wasn't loved or that I was neglected for attention. I saw my parents as much, I felt and still feel, like other people did --- it's just that I had an extra someone who was also special who was with me a lot.

Nowadays when people live far away from their parents or grandparents, a lot of Americans put their kids in day care (or after school care, if older). Isn't it almost the same? At least with a nanny you have someone regular who your child can bond to (fingers crossed that they are good people).

I don't understand why choosing to have a nanny is a negative thing. Parents should strive to be the best they can, but adults should also have their own lives and activities outside of child-raising --- a nanny makes it a lot less stressful for both involved (no tired parents with short tempers and the fishbowl of being together at all times when what the child/parent actually needs is time to themselves/away from each other).

So for Catherine and William, I think it's ok for them to have a nanny. It would be great if everyone could avail of one, just to see how nice it is to be able to have one, but people shouldn't put it down simply because they've never experienced having one and make assumptions about the effect on children.

I think they should employ a couple of nannies, even if the Queen herself has to intervene. Its impossible to live in a 20 room, four floor apartment at Kensington Palace and not employ staff.

Last edited:
My friends who have children have all said at one point that if they had the means, they would hire a nanny LOL! I too don't think it's a big deal. William grew up with a nanny, many in his social circle probably did as well. It doesn't mean you're not involved with your child, love your child any less or whatever.

Many full-time working mothers hire a nanny, what's so strange in it?

Many full-time working mothers hire a nanny, what's so strange in it?

Nothing's strange. If she becomes a full time working mother, somehow I doubt that though. I don't see why Catherine and William 'must' have a nanny if they can handle it on their own.

Nothing's strange. If she becomes a full time working mother, somehow I doubt that though. I don't see why Catherine and William 'must' have a nanny if they can handle it on their own.

I dont see why not. IMo, it is completely odd (and unhealthy) to have to be tied to the child at all times, when you do not need to.

In London, most working parents these days, if they can afford it, have varying levels of child care. I think it is good for the children to not be dependent on the parents only, and it is good for the parents to have a life beyond being parents only.

I shudder to think of the criticism and commentary if Catherine stopped undertaking public engagements once the baby was born, just because she did not want to leave the child with a nanny.

I shudder to think of the criticism and commentary if Catherine stopped undertaking public engagements once the baby was born, just because she did not want to leave the child with a nanny.

I would personally accept and understand that. She's going to obviously go on maternity leave, for longer than William for obvious reasons but if she stays with the child for 6 months and only appear at big events I'd understand that. I'd certainly understand it better than their current situation.

We'll undoubtedly see a nanny appear sometime next year, I'm of the opinion that if you don't need one, don't have one. I will constantly think back to the way Charles and other royals have talked about their relationships with their nannies instead of their parents.

There's no doubt that William & Catherine will be hands on parents but as the reality is that they are senior working royals and they will need the help once they embark on official engagements. I think Catherine will most likely take some time off to be with the baby and I'm sure her family will be a great help looking after the baby too. At some point they will most likely employ a nanny when the time comes and I hope the media and others won't apply any criticism on them for doing so. It would be very unfair to them for doing something the royals and others have always done and are still doing.

Well I'm going out on a limb here and say there is no chance in heck of a Princess Diana and eventually a Queen Diana. This is just more propaganda from the Dianaphiles to trade off her name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom