The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The call sounds very unreal to me. I'm surprised the nurse didn't detect it wasn't the queen as she said "go Wake the corgis" :)
Even when she says her first sentence, I just don't think the queen will speak that way. Secondly, the call may even get passed on to the nurse by an assistant of the queen rather than by her straight off to avoid this sort of situation. The queen will surely have the number of the director of the hospital should she wish to know about Kate and I guess so will all the royal family.

With that being said, the information released is nothing catastrophic or dangerous. The nurse just said she was sleeping and doing ok. It doesn't sound tragic to me at all. There can be no harm caused by releasing such info. I bet Kate's room is closely guarded by the appropriate security so intrusion in any other manner is probably close to impossible.

People have created a mountain out of this.

A couple of years ago, My wife was very ill in ICU for about a week. It was after a few days of getting the same nurse that I did not have to give her a privacy code. No number, no info.. Charles AND the Queen call the hospital in the middle of the night? Duh! Not even that their voices were ridicules.

The level of media coverage of this pregnancy has been absolutely bonkers. I thought it would be high for the wedding and then tale off. Unfortunately for Kate and William it hasn't really done so and in all likelihood will probably just get worse with each passing month.

I do hope that William can make some sort of deal with the press to protect Kate's privacy through the pregnancy. I read somewhere that the Queen had her Private Secretary call all the newspaper editors personally, at William's request, to warn them that any invasions of privacy during the pregnancy would see the RF's lawyers suing them all. They have been warned, now we just wait and see what happens.

:previous: Good post! I agree with you. Let's just hope the press leaves Kate now alone. Though I do worry more about the US press to be honest.

I am so happy that she's now home and feeling better. Kate looked radiant when leaving today and being back at home will do wonders too. I've done my fair share of hospital stays and let me tell you something...There is *nothing* like that first night at home sleeping in your own bed. Nothing, nothing, nothing!!!

Sadly, over the last couple of days my ignore list has grown again. I can't believe there are some, not just here either, that think that call was faked and/or that it was blown out of proportion.

As I said yesterday, Official Press Releases from the Palace, the Hospital and that stupid Radio Station's not proof enough for you? If not, then not sure what'll do it.

For making more out of this than these people think...The Code of Conduct every single Broadcaster/DJ works under was shattered. Most of the Aussie Communciation Laws were broken. The laws that govern a Patient's Right to Privacy and Confidentiality were also broken. In the bargain, these idiots also more than likely have managed to get two people fired due to being tricked by them and at Christmas time of all times.

How anyone can think this is being blown out of proportion I just do not get or understand. Then again, all of that is just plain Common Sense and if ever we needed proof it's dying a quick death... :(

I'm so happy!!!
She's so beautiful! Happiness and a smile fits her so well!
I'm so exited for the next months! I hope she'll be better now! :)

The level of media coverage of this pregnancy has been absolutely bonkers. I thought it would be high for the wedding and then tale off. Unfortunately for Kate and William it hasn't really done so and in all likelihood will probably just get worse with each passing month.

I do hope that William can make some sort of deal with the press to protect Kate's privacy through the pregnancy. I read somewhere that the Queen had her Private Secretary call all the newspaper editors personally, at William's request, to warn them that any invasions of privacy during the pregnancy would see the RF's lawyers suing them all. They have been warned, now we just wait and see what happens.

I dont think the problem is the Uk press - as you say they have been warned. But obviously the australian media have no respect - not just this latest stunt but leaking the info about Harry's 1st trip to Afghanistan; most of the Europe media see these 2 as celebrities (swedish press saying re the french holiday pictures - "we treat them the same as other celebrities", and the US media are just all over them.

And then there are the paps which are not controlled at all.

THe UK perspective on the media being at fault in the hounding of Diana is not a worldwide view - money talks and an exclusive picture at whatever cost to the victim (and I think victim is the right word) is going to be the priority.

And followers of royals are seen as customers for such pictures.

I expect they will set up an intervenous line at the couple's home so she can get fluids without going to the hospital. That'll fox the press! Yes she looks better with a fuller face and I hope she does not mind gaining pregnancy weight after the hyperemesis passes, because she probably will look plenty soft and round in the face. I wouldn't be surprised if we see almost nothing of her after Christmas and New Years, until the birth occurs! Or at least until the hyperemesis is well past. One can look great and still be weak from this experience. Rest! Enjoy visitors in the home! Frustrate the press!

Yes, I am also imagining iv lines and nurses at KP.
How she could gain any weight at all under these circumstances confounds me, however.Could she have put on weight before this terrible bout? Or do all these fluids give that lovely rounder glow to her face?
I gained no weight in the first trimester for my 2 pregnancies due to morning sickness and it was normally awful, not hospital admission awful.

No, she was looking round of face and bosom about two weeks ago.

Really? She always looks so thin to me. Are you saying all the last two weeks or can you remember any specific outfits?

Really? She always looks so thin to me. Are you saying all the last two weeks or can you remember any specific outfits?

Look at her face at her St. Andrews visit when she wore the McQueen tartan and her pictures at the Treasures Gallery when she wore the green peace sign dress. Her face looked noticeably fuller and she was glowing.

It was remarked on at the time, albeit obliquely.

She will be much better rested at home.

Well as to timing, I hope her hyperemesis lasts no longer than mine, 3 l/2 months. That should have her recovering somewhat at Christmas (depending on how many months along she is) and out of the woods some time in January, if she recovers like me, completely and very quickly. One key to my recovery was discovering what I could eat, and it had to be what I alone thought I should eat, as I experimented. I got so much criticism for wasting perfectly good dinners (by throwing up afterwards) at my in-laws' house but I had no medical guidance that worked. I.e, eating crackers before getting up--useless! If her timetable is like mine, she will need more fluids for perhaps a month. But some here in TRF said their trials with hyperemesis lasted longer than mine. Mysterious bodies with minds of their own.

Last edited:
The nurse isn't silent. She continues to give out information after the "Queen" starts interacting with "PC". Then once PC gets on the phone, the nurse talks about William, how Kate has been feeling and relays Kate's sleeping patterns.

I was wrong about saying the nurse should have known it was a prank once the Queen asked PC to walk the dogs, because that didn't happen until the end of the call - right before they hung up. But I still find it weird that the nurse didn't even think twice about it. She just went straight into giving out information.

You haven't added a single thing the nurse said beyond what I've heard. Sleeping is not a medical condition. Prince William is not the patient. She says "doing well," not "how Kate is feeling." THAT was in the hospital's own press release.

The nurse merely repeated non-medical and public knowledge, according to your post.

Well as to timing, I hope her hyperemesis lasts no longer than mine, 3 l/2 months. That should have her recovering somewhat at Christmas (depending on how many months along she is) and out of the woods some time in January, if she recovers like me, completely and very quickly. One key to my recovery was discovering what I could eat, and it had to be what I alone thought I should eat, as I experimented. I got so much criticism for wasting perfectly good dinners (by throwing up afterwards) at my in-laws' house but I had no medical guidance that worked. I.e, eating crackers before getting up--useless! If her timetable is like mine, she will need more fluids for perhaps a month. But some here in TRF said their trials with hyperemesis lasted longer than mine. Mysterious bodies with minds of their own.

How did you discover it?

There was an article in Scientific American last week about how cells from the fetus's body make it all the way to the mom's brain - and stay there for life. Who knows what the little creatures might like to eat - but I'm curious if you have any theories.

Nice to see the tele and see Kate coming out of hospital looking quite chipper. She looks a bit wan, but chipper.

The call sounds very unreal to me. I'm surprised the nurse didn't detect it wasn't the queen as she said "go Wake the corgis" :)
Even when she says her first sentence, I just don't think the queen will speak that way. Secondly, the call may even get passed on to the nurse by an assistant of the queen rather than by her straight off to avoid this sort of situation. The queen will surely have the number of the director of the hospital should she wish to know about Kate and I guess so will all the royal family.

With that being said, the information released is nothing catastrophic or dangerous. The nurse just said she was sleeping and doing ok. It doesn't sound tragic to me at all. There can be no harm caused by releasing such info. I bet Kate's room is closely guarded by the appropriate security so intrusion in any other manner is probably close to impossible.

People have created a mountain out of this.

Directors of hospitals do not know the minute to minute status of a patient - and most family members would call the nurse for information. Typically, each patient has a list of approved members to talk to. I suspect that HM is on the list.

People lied to the nurse. The nurse finally figured it out. The speed at which people detect lying is often related to how often they encounter it. Nurses don't encounter it all that often, especially within their own workgroups.

I must say I saw the pictures in the neswcom.com and i was impress but the media,press photographers all around the hospital, I hope she didn't go to thewindow and see all that! it is a kind of scare situaion !As much as we all are happy with the news, poor girl she is feeling terrible sick and no media should to rey to get to her at this point, hope they respect her privacy.
She looks very nice hear done and even some make up, I am sure she didn't feel to do all this but duty call i guess.

Directors of hospitals do not know the minute to minute status of a patient - and most family members would call the nurse for information. Typically, each patient has a list of approved members to talk to. I suspect that HM is on the list.

People lied to the nurse. The nurse finally figured it out. The speed at which people detect lying is often related to how often they encounter it. Nurses don't encounter it all that often, especially within their own workgroups.

It all sounded like a right royal funny prank to me!! :lol:

The tape of the impersonators is completely unlike any royal accent I've ever heard. :cool:

It was a refreshing, non malicious joke. I hope it helped Catherine and William feel relieved and a little healthier after a good old chuckle.

I must say I saw the pictures in the neswcom.com and i was impress but the media,press photographers all around the hospital, I hope she didn't go to thewindow and see all that! it is a kind of scare situaion !eel to do all this but duty call i guess.

It would be for you or I, but they're a daily fact of Kate's life now and have been for the last ten years. It's been said in the past that she barely notices the cameras at this point. She's a pro, and her appearance this morning where she must have been feeling like hell but still managed a genuine smile- it's just impressive.

I'm inclined to believe that Richard Palmer got it exactly right and that Kate is one tough cookie. I hope she gets left alone as much as possible, but I have a feeling she'll be able to handle it even when the media attention gets crazy.

I wonder if Catherine is the one that sent out Bacon Buddies to the press outside the hospital?

You haven't added a single thing the nurse said beyond what I've heard. Sleeping is not a medical condition. Prince William is not the patient. She says "doing well," not "how Kate is feeling." THAT was in the hospital's own press release.

The nurse merely repeated non-medical and public knowledge, according to your post.
I never said sleeping was a medical condition. Your initial post said that the nurse was "virtually silent" the moment the Queen and PC started interacting. I was just pointing out that the nurse was not quiet after the PC impersonator started talking to the Queen. She continued to talk and give out information (be it personal or not) the entire time.

Last edited:

The tape of the impersonators is completely unlike any royal accent I've ever heard. :cool:

It was a refreshing, non malicious joke. I hope it helped Catherine and William feel relieved and a little healthier after a good old chuckle.

How old are you? Four? How anyone could even think this was funny boggles my mind. Unless you have the maturity of a child.

I also think the last thing the Cambridges have been doing is having a chuckle about it happening.

Grow up!!

When someone could possibly lose their job, it is hardly a non malicious joke. Refreshing?...really? C'mon.

Last edited:
I don't think the Cambridges are focusing on the fake call anymore. I think they are letting the hospital deal with that. I'm sure everyone has apologized and everyone is moving on. Charles joked about it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom