The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone of you who live in the UK tell me if Jessica Hay is actually a friend of Duchess Catherine, or ever has been? She would certainly be an ex-friend if she went forth talking about me and my private matters.

Don't live in the UK, but all I know was that she wasn't invited to the wedding. She's has been talking to the Prince since Kate came into the public eye, I doubt Kate has talk to her since High School (the UK equivalent)

:previous:

The colours are nice (perfect for a little girl) but the design is, to my taste, just gaudy.

Could it be that the HG can come back?

Some women have it throughout their entire pregnancy, which is horrific and it is such a debilitating condition that they then have to stay of work as they have no energy. The constant loss of fluids via vomiting results in the women losing a lot of weight and the fetus therefore does not receive enough nutrition, sometimes resulting in small for gestational age babies (those which are not born above 2.5kg at birth if they are full term, which is 37 weeks gestation).

It often resolves itself after 12 weeks, and it is a sign of an increase in a certain hormone (HCG) which is the hormone that sustains a pregnancy. Increased levels of the hormone are associated with multiple pregnancies, but I am not saying Catherine is expecting twins. It is a good sign if a woman is quite sick during the first few weeks, as it means the hormone levels are increasing thus sustaining a pregnancy. It is just awful to experience nausea and vomiting all day.

I am a midwife, and true hyperemesis is rarely seen and if it does occur it is treated with IV fluids and antiemetics (anti sickness medication) either orally, via injections or intravenously. It is often gone by around 12-14 weeks, and women start to feel much better by then.

Last edited:
Kate Middleton pregnant: Hello! correctly predicts the royal pregnancy - hellomagazine.com

HELLO!
WILL RELEASE A SPECIAL EDITION WITH ALL THE DETAILS ON THE COUPLE'S JOYFUL NEWS AS CONGRATULATIONS POUR IN FROM AROUND THE WORLD. PLUS: THE LATEST ON KATE'S SICKNESS SCARE AND THE TELLTALE SIGNS THAT SHE WAS EXPECTING.

DON’T MISS YOUR SOUVENIR COPY OF HELLO!, ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 5 DECEMBER 2012.

HELLO! WILL RELEASE A SPECIAL EDITION WITH ALL THE DETAILS ON THE COUPLE'S JOYFUL NEWS AS CONGRATULATIONS POUR IN FROM AROUND THE WORLD. PLUS: THE LATEST ON KATE'S SICKNESS SCARE AND THE TELLTALE SIGNS THAT SHE WAS EXPECTING.

DON’T MISS YOUR SOUVENIR COPY OF HELLO!, ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 5 DECEMBER 2012.

I'm a fan of understated which is probably why I dislike the cot.
Then again, different people, different tastes. :)

At first Artemesia I thought you were talking about the "understated" pink "hello" ad. :lol:

Some women have it throughout their entire pregnancy, which is horrific and it is such a debilitating condition that they then have to stay of work as they have no energy. The constant loss of fluids via vomiting results in the women losing a lot of weight and the fetus therefore does not receive enough nutrition, sometimes resulting in small for gestational age babies (those which are not born above 2.5kg at birth if they are full term, which is 37 weeks gestation).

It often resolves itself after 12 weeks, and it is a sign of an increase in a certain hormone (HCG) which is the hormone that sustains a pregnancy. Increased levels of the hormone are associated with multiple pregnancies, but I am not saying Catherine is expecting twins. It is a good sign if a woman is quite sick during the first few weeks, as it means the hormone levels are increasing thus sustaining a pregnancy. It is just awful to experience nausea and vomiting all day.

I am a midwife, and true hyperemesis is rarely seen and if it does occur it is treated with IV fluids and antiemetics (anti sickness medication) either orally, via injections or intravenously. It is often gone by around 12-14 weeks, and women start to feel much better by then.
As someone who had gone through extreme hyperemesis, I really hope Kate gets better soon. Throughout my pregnancy I had been to the ER 7 times for fluids, 2 hospitalizations, and a string of medications to stop the vomiting. In my fifth month of pregnancy I ended up getting a PICC line installed so they could pump nutrients inside me.
There are treatments out there for HG (my husband once said that if I had been born 100 years ago I would have been toast - Charlotte Bronte is believed to have died of HG), but it can be a very traumatic experience for both man and wife. It can also derail any family planning you had: while I want another baby, I am very hesitant to get pregnant again.

Finally made it through all 16 pages. :D

I was sick myself yesterday, so hearing this happy news helped to bring a grin to my face. So happy for them and here's to a problem free Pregnancy from here on out and a beautiful healthy baby in June/July. :)

Thank you for the personal perspective, Kurenai. I can't even imagine. Also, thanks for that tidbit about Charlotte.

I hope Kate is feeling better soon. She is no doubt getting top notch care, and all will be well. Very hard on both of them, though.

How many people think that she will be made a princess in her own right before she delivers the third in line to the thrown?

How many people think that she will be made a princess in her own right before she delivers the third in line to the thrown?

Absolutely none, because there's zero precedence for that in the British Royal Family.

Catherine will be called Princess when she becomes Princess of Wales and not before that.

Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?

I'm glad to hear that Catherine is getting better. William looks so very relieved (and rightfully so) when he's leaving the hospital. It's as if a burden has been lifted off his shoulders. His smile is absolutely radiant. As to that crib, it's a bit gaudy for my tastes as well, and knowing the preference the couple has for understated, the baby furniture will most likely be on the simple and elegant side.

Last edited:
Reason I ask is, the last woman to deliver a 3rd in line to the thrown was Mary of Teck, who was a minor princess, but a princess no less. It was easier then. Queen Victoria handed out title to 3rd cousins, 4 times removed. Who was the last person to deliver a direct successor that was not a princess?

Diana was not a princess in her own right

That cot is not doing it for me. Babies should have something visually interesting and open to look at, not the underside of a canopy.

Right, but she had a title of princess. I just mean that it is possible. The Duchess of York gave birth to QE2, but the possibility of her become Queen, until about the age of 9, was pretty unlikely. Edward would marry and have children, and that is what was believed. He definately loved women, so why would he not?

The Duchess of Cambridge is a Princess by marriage. Just like Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Queen Mother and so forth.

If I had a dollar for every time the Daily Mail mentioned the Middletons live in a £4.85million home, I'd be a wealthy man!

Mary was a princess of Teck, but she was never a Princess of the UK in her own right, only by marriage the same as Catherine. Absolutely no reason to make Catherine a Princess of the UK either.

Last edited:
I hope Kate feels better. I suffered from Hyperemesis Gravidarum for my pregnancy. While I think most here are supportive of Kate, on some news sites they really are getting on her for only having "morning sickness." I hate that here in America they haven't discussed how serious her condition is. I lost over 25 pounds when pregnant. I was sick every day all day. i had to take medication that they give to cancer patients on chemo to keep from throwing up. But cancer patients only had to take it 3 times a month. I took it 3 times a day!! INsurance was giving me grief, my family was, work was. I never felt so alone! Then I couldn't push my child out at the birth b/c I was so weak, so he was extracted. My son was small but healthy. I ended up with bad teeth from all the vomitting. Plus, my marriage was under stress. It has taken me 6 years to work up the courage to try and get pregnant again. I don't write this for sympathy for myself, but for sympathy for Kate. It is an awful thing to have happen. I hope that people rally around her. It is not normal morning sickness!

Well, Elizabeth, Duchess of York, was not a princess when she delivered the current queen. She was Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon prior to her marriage to Prince Albert Frederick Arthur George (aka Bertie), Duke of York. Her father was the Earl of Strathmore.

Erika, I DID lose my first marriage due to Hyperemisis Gravidus. My in-laws said i was sick because I didn't want the baby. My husband lied to me and said the doctor agreed.
I went to live with my parents; the doctor there, in Seattle, said that was a bunch of poppycock! People do not realize this is far more sincere than morning sickness.

Kate will go home, probably, and get sick again as soon as she tried to eat. But she may have periods when she can eat certain foods which she has to discern on her own, as there are no rules here as to what one can keep down. I kept down only eggs and oranges--far different from the recommended "crackers". I do hope she recovers quickly and gains back some weight. When anyone says that eating small meals or eating crackers in the morning will fix this--I have to laugh! That will only fix ordinary morning sickness.

Right, but she had a title of princess. I just mean that it is possible. The Duchess of York gave birth to QE2, but the possibility of her become Queen, until about the age of 9, was pretty unlikely. Edward would marry and have children, and that is what was believed. He definately loved women, so why would he not?

Catherine is a princess legally. Legally, she shares all of her husband's titles, and therefore is also Princess William of Wales, she's just not known that way.

You should spend some time in the threads that deal with this issue specifically. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom