The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now it only misses Charlene pregnancy and Victoria's 2nd pregnancy annoucements! 2013 will be another happy and joyful royal year^^
I wait more for Stephanie's first pregnancy, than for the second one for Victoria.:flowers:

First, I am delighted to hear this great news!

But...I am also feeling nervous for Kate. From what I've read about her condition, there's a chance the baby could be underweight and Kate might have the same problem with her next pregnancy. Also, she could feel this way until the baby is born.

I feel very sorry for her and William. You're supposed to be excited to be parents, not feel horribly sick and miserable.

Sonjapearl, not all pregnant women suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidsus for the whole nine months. I had it for three and a half months and then it went away totally, but mine started very early, a week after conception. Not all women who have it once have it during following pregnancies. My baby was NOT underweight; he was 9 l/2 pounds and two weeks late. I had to have induction, to which I reacted by going unconscious for ten hours because I have porphyria and should not have been given the hormone to produce induction. Me being unconscious did not harm the baby, probably was a good thing (no pain for most of the labor). I had no anesthesia other than demerol, and demerol is OK for people with porphyria, so baby and I were fortunate in that, since they did not know I had porphyria.

Last edited:
Good to know, Mariel. But in my post, I did say "could", "might" and "there's a chance" - so I wasn't saying all women in Kate's situation go through the same thing. Apparently, some have it worse than others.

I just hope she gets over this and could start to feel excited about becoming a mother.

Yes, Sonjapearl, we the public cannot know if Kate will be sick the whole line months, but I suspect it is not likely.

It seems like we waited forever for news they were getting married, then came the waiting game for children. Thankfully they didn't make us wait 10 years for this announcement! LOL

How is the Duchess now treated at hospital? Is she getting infusion or is she taking tablets?

And how does her "way back to the ability to eat and drink without problems" look like?

Thank you for your answers!

Video of William arriving
William dashes into hospital with no comment - ITV News
BBC News - William visits pregnant Kate on second day in hospital

He's been with Kate for around 5 hours now
And the media continues to wait as we hear they are now even interviewing each other
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/275936172163870720/photo/1

Wow, if this is how it is with her pregnant and in the hospital, I'd hate to see what happens when she's in labor! I could see nothing but minute by minute updates, some news stations forgetting all the other important news out there and focus on this birth as if it is the second coming of Christ. Jeez...

It was that way with Diana and that was 30 yrs ago - long before the internet and social media exploision. Im sure this is one of the key reasons why they have been staffing up their press offices. They know what is in front of them.

Would someone of you who live in the UK tell me if Jessica Hay is actually a friend of Duchess Catherine, or ever has been? She would certainly be an ex-friend if she went forth talking about me and my private matters.

Poor thing, it's sad that she has go through the whole acute morning sickness, but even more sad that from now on till she gives birth the tabloids wont give her a rest.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal a few of us shout to #william asking how #Kate is doing, but Prince departs as he arrived - without lingering. Shows no emotion

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Video: Prince William leaves Kate's hospital on day 2. Is that a smile we see?... #royalbaby... http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-12-04/duke-leaves-king-edward-vii-hospital-in-central-london/ …

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Prince William, looking happy, left the King Edward VII Hospital tonight after spending more than six hours with his wife.

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling Prince William has left the King Edward VII hospital smiling and looking relaxed. Good signs! #royalbaby #royal #kate #william

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate Think William gave a quick smile to the cameras on his way out. Video http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-12-03/duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-expecting-baby/ …

Last edited:
Rose Hughes (Gretton ‏@RoseSkyNews #royalbaby St. James's palace: The Duchess of Cambridge is continuing to feel better.
Rose Hughes (Gretton ‏@RoseSkyNews Cont... "She and the Duke are immensely grateful for the good wishes they have received.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter St James's Palace says the Duchess of Cambridge is continuing to feel better and she and William are grateful for the good wishes received.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
St. James's Palace spokesman: "The Duchess of Cambridge is continuing to feel better..
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
...She will remain in hospital at present and will continue to be treated for Hyperemesis Gravidarum."

Last edited:
Sounds like she is in for a rough few months. I hope she feels better. But congrats to them both.

I hope the Duchess feels better soon! I had 2 very hard pregnancies, so I sympathize with her!:flowers:

Excellent news HRH is feeling better. I'm very excited and happy for the couple :)

MissByrd said:
Would someone of you who live in the UK tell me if Jessica Hay is actually a friend of Duchess Catherine, or ever has been? She would certainly be an ex-friend if she went forth talking about me and my private matters.

As far as I recall she and Kate shared a room at College. That is all there is to it. I sincerely doubt she had much contact with Kate since then. She is only talking to the press because she wants fame and money.

Very happy to hear HRH is doing better while in hospital. It's also good to see William smiling after visiting his wife and letting everyone know she's doing much better. I hope she will be able to go home soon.

So happy to see the Duke smiling, it makes everything look better. I just hope it won't take long until she's home so can get ready for their last Christmas without a baby.

So glad to see William smiling and hear that Kate's feeling better. Hopefully she will be able to go home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom