The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sara1981

Heir Apparent
City
North Little Rock
Country
United States
i found out about Kate Middleton on my other forums http://theinternetforums.co.uk/william/ you can register for FREE!

if you are member or not!

check it out!

Kate Middleton, Is She A Rich Girl

is she rich? because she must have money to be accept in the royal family?

Sara Boyce

As far as I know, she went to a very fine school, costing 70 000 dollars a year, anf her father is very succesfull. I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong.

I cannot answer your question about how rich Kate is but I am quite certain that acceptance to St Andrew's is based on academic qualifications rather than the size of your pocket. Anyone can apply to go there...just like Cambridge or Oxford.

i have read that her father's business is very successful.
(meaning they have a lot of dough)

sara1981 said:
is she rich? because she must have money to be accept in the royal family?Sara Boyce
why must she be rich to marry princ william?were Sophie or Sarah rich?

Sarah is from some upper class family, as far as i know...she was among the guests of the royal family before her marriage with duke of york.

imho, it's hard for someone not rich to even get into the royal circle, 1st of all, how you gonna meet a royal? they have a certain circle, and certain way of life which we common ppl can't afford(polo, hunting, etc), outsiders will find it difficult to get into that circle

even cinderella needs some fantasy dress for the ball with prince...so, it's essential for you to have money to be in the royal circle...

anyway, it's my understanding, maybe wrong:) and things are always changing...maybe the royals will open up their circles very soon(or they are already)

Last edited:
girls from nobel or rich familiies has a better chance to meet and mary princes,like the case of Diana,Marie Chantal and princess noor,but that's not always true,Mary,Letizia,Rania,Maria Teresa,Sonja and ....were all from average class families.

Common Royals

florawindsor said:
it's my understanding, maybe wrong:) and things are always changing...maybe the royals will open up their circles very soon(or they are already)
Sophie Rhys-Jones comes from a comfortable, not rich, middle-class family. She was accepted very quickly into the inner Royal circle, well before she became engaged to Prince Edward.

HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, who wears the Royal Family Order given by the Queen, was a secretary at the Danish Embassy in London.

I don't think the Royal Family sees a need to prove anything to anyone as to their social status and ranking; if a person shares common interests and "connects" with the Queen then they will be accepted into the Family. Sophie is the prime example of this; it is obvious that she and HM have a very close relationship. Personality would appear to be more important than family background.

yes, Warren, i agree with you. personality is very important. but i think if you are rich you can have more chances to meet the royals. note that i said the 'get in' the royal circle not 'accepted in' the royal circle. :)
thx for the information about the Duchess of Gloucester, i like her very much, she is a very elegant lady

Anyone for polo?

florawindsor said:
yes, Warren, i agree with you. personality is very important. but i think if you are rich you can have more chances to meet the royals. note that i said the 'get in' the royal circle not 'accepted in' the royal circle. :) thx for the information about the Duchess of Gloucester, i like her very much, she is a very elegant lady
Yes, if you wish to mix in these circles you need to have deep pockets. Polo ponies don't come cheap! And neither do tiaras.

The Duchess of Gloucester is also a favourite of mine, "the secretary made good." So classy, elegant and discreet. Everything you want in a Royal.

I mentioned the Royal Family Order because this is the personal mark of respect from the Queen. It is not given lightly and it must be a great honour to be presented with it. In effect, the former Danish secretary being awarded top marks by the Sovereign. Pretty impressive!

Since we're talking about her, here's a pic, with the Duchess wearing her RFO.

The diamonds aren't bad, either.

Attachments

• Duchess of Gloucester4.jpg
    Duchess of Gloucester4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,279
Last edited:
Being accepted by another circle of persons or family isn't an easy task especially if that means a Royal Family such as the British Royal Family. This Royal Family has been known worldwide ever since the past centuries. It has already endured a lot of positive and negative things (e.g. scandals and issues ) which has either improved or tarnished its reputation and image.

If one has the wealth and influence, it is easier to be in the same level with them, be friends with them or even meet them in various functions. But I think wealth and power are not just the prerequisites in order to be accepted by the BRF especially by the Queen. One has to have the personality which could not only impress the members of the Family but also of the people of the country. The attitude matters because it is necessary.

I dunno how could this house appreciate in England?
It seems to me it doesn't look like a house of rich family. more likely middle class.

though the house is very nice:)

That house looks pretty expensive; it's not the sort of house that most people in England would live in.

Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton

Once again, I can refer to my own family tree to state that my 12th GreatGrandmother was a Frances Middleton, wife of Richard Lowther and greatgrandmother of John Lowther (husband of the granddaughter of Thomas of Aylesborough (1st Baron DeCoventry)).

I'm assuming that upon meeting, Prince William and Kate probably said something to the effect of 'Who are your family ancestors?'

My personal opinion is that Prince William considers her to be of appropriate blood lines!!

I can also say that the wife, Elizabeth, of the above-mentioned John Lowther was a niece of the husband, George Savile (1st Marquess of Halifax), of Lady Dorothy Spencer, 9th GreatAunt of William's mother, the late Diana, Princess of Wales. George Savile was my 9th GreatUncle.

cute_girl said:
according to the link below,her parents sell party accessories.I dont know if this job is profitable in UK or not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Middleton

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
That house looks pretty expensive; it's not the sort of house that most people in England would live in.
really?but it doesnt look modern at all.

The question arises: Is this the Middleton ancestral home or is it a home purchased by Kate's parents. Or, perhaps this house is from Kate's mother's family....any clues??

cute_girl said:
really?but it doesnt look modern at all.

It doesn't have to be modern; some of the most expensive houses are old ones that are listed as being of particular historic or architectural interest. I don't know if the Middletons' house is a listed building, but I've seen ones that look something like it and are grade II* or grade II listed.

I would also assume that it depends where the house is located. I know in the US the houses in the Maryland and Virginian suburbs located near Washington DC are extremely expensive and a modest home could easily be over one million dollars. I would think that the same would be true in the UK with its major cities.

"I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong"

There are plenty of "ordinary" people at St. Andrews. Most universities in Britain these days are following policies that deliberately target people from poorer backgrounds.

Ava Elizabeth said:
As far as I know, she went to a very fine school, costing 70 000 dollars a year, anf her father is very succesfull. I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong.
cant count that,she went there by a scholarship.

cute_girl said:
cant count that,she went there by a scholarship.
Really? How do you know that?

Kate is not upper class. In the UK, your class is defined by your birth, not by how much money your parents make. Upper class is aristocracy and old bourgeoisie. Someone born into working class will stay working class till death even if he makes a billion. (I'm not beeing snobbish at all here, that's just how the class system works in the UK)
Kate comes from a middle class family (little bourgeoisie). Her parents made quite a lot of money through their business, which is successful. She is rich enough to live the same kind of lifestyle as William (the ski holidays, the gap year travels, the social life, etc.), but she's not a millionaire. Before going to Saint Andrews, she was not part of William circle of friends which are mostly upper middle class and upper class.
From the Sun:
'The eldest of three children, student Kate, 22, grew up at her parents’ £1million home in Bucklebury, Berks.
Like sister Pippa, 20, and brother James, 16, she went to £22,000-a-year Marlborough College, Wilts.'

1 million pounds = 1 500 000 € or 2 000 000 dollars

i guess shes rich, she is a millionaire, right? she lived in a million dollar house, after all.AND if she can afford to have the same lifestyle as the prince, so shes really rich.

unfortunatly I cant remember where I read about the scholarship but I can remember it was from a valid source.
about her life style things u mentioned like skiing,traveling and etc in east anyone from a middle class family(not neccerily rich but only making good money)can afford those facilities too.also I've never seen anything special about her clothing or jewels to show that she's come from a millionaire family.

cute_girl said:
about her life style things u mentioned like skiing,traveling and etc in east anyone from a middle class family(not neccerily rich but only making good money)can afford those facilities too.also I've never seen anything special about her clothing or jewels to show that she's come from a millionaire family.
Absolutely cute girl. Having the same lifestyle as Will does not mean having millions in the bank.
But I don't think her clothes or whatever show anything about her wealth. William does not look like a millionaire neither (jeans and pulls most of the time) but he is one.
About Kate being millionaire because she lives in a millions pounds house: I'll say in Europe a house is most of the time the most precious good people own. Plus she has brothers and sisters. So I guess maybe her parents own one or two millions but Kate herself is not a millionaire (particularly in pounds).

Kate does have a very nice house it appears,I think that it would be easier to get into the circle if you were wealthy but you need poise,grace,skill,personelity,ect. to charm them but money would help as it does in many other scenerios. Sarah Faerguson came from a very wealthy family,her father was some polo trainer or something,I read on some biography that her social life @ school wasn't impressive but she was in an internatonal circle.....she actually knew Andrew long before they got married,they knew each otehr before they started dating anyone really.... Kate Middleton's parents run a party toy thingy buisness and Chelsy Davy's dad is tied to that Mugabe dude down in Africa and her father also owns a hunting lodge,type of thing. Every other girlfriend they have had pretty much has wealthy parents,including Laura Gerard,jecca craig,arabella musgvrave. I doubt william and harry care that these girls are wealthy I think it's just that these are the people they know more!

I agree with Princess.....if they´re going to marry them...they don´t look at their fortunes......It´s ridicule thinking that Will and Harry would be that kind of person...

living in a million dollar house doesn't mean wealth. i live in a million dollar home and its TINY. my parents drive acuras. def not rich

anyway, wills is super rich himself. money wouldn't matter to someone who has more than enough for himself and a family for the next few generations

LOL ! Yeah, you are right ! Living in your parents Milion $$ house does not make you rich yourself. I agree.:D
And Wills could be rich, but he is not A super rich. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
living in a million dollar house doesn't mean wealth. i live in a million dollar home and its TINY.

Somehow I knew, reading that, where you lived! Have just looked at your profile and had my suspicions confirmed. I used to live in that area until a few months ago; house prices are unbelievable in that area.

OK, sorry for derailing the thread! Back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom