The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like James was bored ? But I'm not complaining, it was so fun! And Alizee and James seem like a really great couple, I'm glad James found someone who makes him happy.

And I hope it goes both ways. That HE makes her happy.

Looks like James was bored ? But I'm not complaining, it was so fun! And Alizee and James seem like a really great couple, I'm glad James found someone who makes him happy.

Yes they do seem very happy together and I hope that they and other couples will be able to celebrate their weddings very soon.

Come to think of it the last time that I saw him clean shaven was for William and Catherine's wedding in 2011.

Yes they do seem very happy together and I hope that they and other couples will be able to celebrate their weddings very soon.

Come to think of it the last time that I saw him clean shaven was for William and Catherine's wedding in 2011.

I remember him clean-shaven for the Queen's jubilee celebrations. He made a splash with his beard at George's christening, the international media didn't recognize him at first.

I am a woman that loves a good beard on a man. Of course, it depends on the man. Some men can rock a beard and some men just don't look right with one.

Hubby had a beard that he insisted on growing out to the point of looking like one of the guys on Duck Dynasty. To give an idea of what they look like to those that perhaps never heard of Duck Dynasty, they look like this :

https://countrymusicfamily.com/duck-dynasty-star-is-unrecognizable-after-shaving-beard/

Anyways... being a smoker, driving along in the car with this gad awful, bushy and totally cringe worthy beard, he decided to light a smoke and caught the blasted thing on fire. He wasn't harmed but that kind of beard has gone the way of the dinosaur never to return. :lol:

James is one of those men that I find to be attractive in a beard. It makes him look rugged and manly and he kept it well maintained. He's also an attractive man without the beard too! ?

I'm assuming James wedding will be re-planned for next year, or possibly late Autumn this year? November?

Beatrice; probably next year?

James and Alyzee say good bye to their puppies who are off to their new homes.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2020072494166/james-middleton-sad-news-dogs-goodbye/

[QUOTEThe lovely video, which played to Norah Jones' Everybody needs a best friend, saw James at his parent's Bucklebury home caring for the six puppies. It included clips of then walking out through Carole and Michael's gorgeous green front door and later playing in their large garden. It also shows Kate and Pippa's brother laying down on the grass hugging his cocker spaniels.][/QUOTE]

I'd find it hard to say goodbye - they're beautiful puppies! But probably a lot to manage.

James talking about her love for the dogs:

"“I would go as far as saying Ella saved my life” - Dogs don’t just change lives...they save them �� ❤️

I had an honest conversation with @seanfletchertv for @bbc Sunday Live program with @petsastherapy_uk talking about how dogs can change lives in so many different ways"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD__HIJg2mB/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-owes-dogs-life-new-interview-depression.html

James and Alyzee enjoy some days holidays in Italy

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEuV-oMA4To/

James with Alyzee were seen house hunting in London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Aliz-e-Thevenet-house-hunt-895-000-flat.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a very nice house, but I suppose it's in a desirable location.

They've had to postpone their wedding twice already? I guess they want something larger than what is permitted.

Possibly, or possibly she has family in France that she really wants to be there that are weary about travelling? Or vice versa.

Not a very nice house, but I suppose it's in a desirable location.

They've had to postpone their wedding twice already? I guess they want something larger than what is permitted.

Yes according to his recent post of their one year anniversary since proposal, they have had two failed attempts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEuV-oMA4To/

With families in two countries and schedules to worry about, as well as ever changing restrictions, there is many reasons that they may have cancelled.

I find it highly doubtful they were seriously considering such a place. Not only the poor condition but its an one bedroom. Good for a bachelor but I cant see any married couple living like that if they can afford more space. He isn't a single guy turned on by three garages and not worried about inside space at all. The couple seem to have a nice place in London already.

What does James do anyways? Last I heard he was running the Glen Affrec hotel but he seems to be in London for good now.

"Carole Middleton has spoken about how she'll celebrate Xmas this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The mother of the Duchess of Cambridge and owner of @partypieces described how her grandchildren usually help her decorate the Xmas tree
“For me, what really matters is that my family feels connected. I normally let my grandchildren help me decorate the tree. This year, I’ll ask them by video call to decide which decoration should go where. It may need to be tastefully rearranged later!"

Carole Middleton gave an interview in the Good House Keeping magazine

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/lifestyle/a35693403/carole-middleton/

Thank you eya for the link. :flowers:

What a great article on Carole Middleton not just about her job and her family background, but also lovely pictures. Catherine looks so much like her mother in these pictures.

In the picture of Carole standing next to storage trolley, the English Cocker Spaniel (correct me on the dog breed) reminds me of Lupo, who passed away last year

Carole's asked Good Housekeeping not to promote this for now, as she feels that it would be disrespectful to be seen as publicising her business whilst Prince Philip's so unwell. It sounds as if she's only spoken about Party Pieces and about her love for her children and grandchildren, so I don't see that it would be problematic, but they're bothered about seeing to be caught up in a media circus at this very difficult time for the family.

I think it's already been published so I'm not sure what they can do about it, though.

Last edited:
I have read the Good Housekeeping interview and she confirms that a new grandchild is on the way ie Pippa's expecting which we suspected but had no confirmation.

She talks about being a hands on grandmother and wants to pass on her love of the countryside to them.

She mentions she likes House music and loves to dance.

Carole also states at Party pieces has a CEO now so she has the luxury of time to focus on new ideas and growing the company rather than the day to day running tasks. She also notes that Michael has stepped back from the business we can assume he has semi retired as she mentions he is in his early 70s.

Carole also confirms that James and his fiancee moved in with them just before the first lockdown last March.

As we already know she likes to keep fit by playing tennis (mainly lessons and drills rather than games she notes), cycling and walking

I don't know where to post it! After so many years what's your take on her personality traits? I remember her uni party days and she really did shine during the break up then she started to dress differently and now she seems she's not into city life, on the contrary. For me she's a total enigma. And survived everything and came on top.

Gary Goldsmith (Catherine's maternal uncle) has apparently spoken to the Mail on Sunday defending his niece on the claim that Kate make Meghan cried as well as not believing the content in Oprah's interview. He also talked about William and Catherine's role and duty in the royal family. This comes before his first TV interview in an ITV documentary, The Day Will And Kate Got Married which marks William and Kate’s tenth wedding anniversary. The documentary will be aired on 7th April at 9pm.

Now, Kate’s uncle has stepped in to defend his niece, saying bluntly: ‘I don’t believe for a moment that Kate made Meghan cry.’

Speaking for the first time since the allegations aired, Gary Goldsmith told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I’ve known Kate since she was born and she doesn’t have a mean bone in her body. It’s just simply not in her nature.

'She’s even lovelier on the inside than on the outside. If anyone had a hissy fit, it must have been Meghan. Kate would have been trying to make the peace. I would fight for Kate’s honour until the day I die. She is the most spectacular person I’ve ever met.’

(...)

But Mr Goldsmith, the 55-year-old brother of Kate’s mother Carole, says he ‘doesn’t believe a word’ that Meghan said.

‘When Meghan first entered the Royal Family, I was made up for Harry,’ he said. ‘Like the rest of the country, it seemed she was the real deal and it was a marriage made in heaven. But what has happened is heartbreaking.

‘I don’t blame Meghan – she’s a Hollywood starlet. You can’t blame a tiger for biting the head off a sheep. But I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She’s an actress and knows how to manipulate her audience.

‘I don’t believe for a second she had to Google the words to the National Anthem. Harry has been singing it since the age of five.’

(...)

‘The last time I checked, he was the face of a mental wellbeing charity,’ Mr Goldsmith said: ‘Where was he in all this? Surely as her husband, he should have been able to give her the help and support she needed.

‘He’s a senior Army officer who has been in a war zone. He should be able to stand up for himself and his wife. He shouldn’t claim to be family-centric when he has hurt everyone who loves him. You don’t ask for anonymity and take a step back from public life to then throw your family and your grandmother under a bus on TV. Why would you do that? The Royal Family is not racist, it’s not sexist, it’s not ageist. They are a moral compass.’

Mr Goldsmith, a recruitment consultant, contrasted the Sussexes’ attitude to that of his niece and her husband. Speaking ahead of his first TV interview next month, in an ITV documentary to mark William and Kate’s tenth anniversary, he said: ‘Both William and Kate understand they are being paid by the taxpayer to do a job. They smash it.

'It’s a tough gig. It’s relentless. But it’s also a position of privilege. If you have that privilege, don’t throw it back in people’s faces. In all the years Kate has been in the public eye, she has never put a foot wrong. She was born for the role. She has risen above the criticism and just got on with the job.’

Kate Middleton's uncle says he 'doesn't believe for a moment that she made Meghan weep' following bombshell claims in Sussexes' Oprah interview
  • Gary Goldsmith has said Kate Middleton 'doesn't have a mean bone in her body'
  • The 55-year-old 'doesn't believe a word that Meghan said' in Oprah interview
  • Comes before ITV documentary marking William and Kate's 10 year anniversary
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-says-doesnt-believe-moment-Meghan-weep.html

I wished he would stop talking to the press, it's getting very embarrassing and excruciating! :whistling:

I wished he would stop talking to the press, it's getting very embarrassing and excruciating! :whistling:

I'll give him a pass on this; I think it is natural to defend a loved one against attacks. (Especially when convinced the attacks are based on lies).

He shouldn't have said anything.
Him speaking speaking will make people wonder if the Duchess or the Middleton family didn't "authorize" him to speak and "defend Kate's honor".

He shouldn't have said anything.
Him speaking speaking will make people wonder if the Duchess or the Middleton family didn't "authorize" him to speak and "defend Kate's honor".

And why shouldn't someone defend Catherine's honour? Meghan publicly attacked her knowing that she cannot answer. Neither can her parents or siblings really. Her uncle is not as constrained, I think he can say this if he wishes to.

And why shouldn't someone defend Catherine's honour? Meghan publicly attacked her knowing that she cannot answer. Neither can her parents or siblings really. Her uncle is not as constrained, I think he can say this if he wishes to.
Indeed. Uncle Gary has been loose canon for a while and everyone knows it. No one in their right mind would seriously consider that the Duchess or anyone else has authorized him. Harry and Meghan went too far, safe in the knowledge that the people they attack cannot answer. By no means can I consider this as a response from the RF because of the person involved and the fact that this isn't their style. This is more like Harry and Meghan MO.

Don't we all have that one Uncle or cousin that no one can control?

I don't for a moment believe Uncle Gary had permission from anyone to speak. And I don't think Carole or anyone else can stop him.

Gary Goldsmith (Catherine's maternal uncle) has apparently spoken to the Mail on Sunday defending his niece on the claim that Kate make Meghan cried as well as not believing the content in Oprah's interview. He also talked about William and Catherine's role and duty in the royal family. This comes before his first TV interview in an ITV documentary, The Day Will And Kate Got Married which marks William and Kate’s tenth wedding anniversary. The documentary will be aired on 7th April at 9pm.

Kate Middleton's uncle says he 'doesn't believe for a moment that she made Meghan weep' following bombshell claims in Sussexes' Oprah interview
  • Gary Goldsmith has said Kate Middleton 'doesn't have a mean bone in her body'
  • The 55-year-old 'doesn't believe a word that Meghan said' in Oprah interview
  • Comes before ITV documentary marking William and Kate's 10 year anniversary
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-says-doesnt-believe-moment-Meghan-weep.html

This is obviously a "summary" of the interview with Gary. The family has NEVER caller her anything other than "Catherine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom