The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently James Middleton has given an interview to a german newspaper to say that he's looking forward to a full family Christmas as Bucklebury this year. Some have taken this to assume that Catherine and William will not be at Sandringham.

It probably is the Middletons' turn to have the Cambridges for Christmas. Everyone no longer goes to Sandringham every Christmas.

It will split the press pack though--some of them will go to Bucklebury hoping for Christmas church photos. There were some good ones 2 years ago.

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-cambridges-enjoy-bucklebury.html

Last edited:
Carole giving interviews now? Interesting, indeed.

That is overall, a really flattering article if you set it against the way she has been played in the press.

Of course Lisa Armstrong dug for the royal connection and upwardly mobile bits, but Carole come across as very stable, driven at business, self deprecating and a tad dull. Which is not any of it a bad thing to be.

And I love it when an interviewer is honestly surprised at someone's charm or looks.

And after 30 years, Party Pieces deserves a bit of a write up.

Very nice interview from Carole. Gone the idea that Royal in-laws have to shut up and be locked away in dungeons.

Very nice interview from Carole. Gone the idea that Royal in-laws have to shut up and be locked away in dungeons.

Well, that idea has been gone for decades. The Spencers, Parker-Bowles and the Queen's maternal cousins have long broken out of that dungeon. ;)

It was a cute but bland interview. No new info for royal watchers but the general public will learn more about the history of Party Pieces. You can tell Carole's so proud of the business that she built, as she should be.

Well, that idea has been gone for decades. The Spencers, Parker-Bowles and the Queen's maternal cousins have long broken out of that dungeon. ;)

It was a cute but bland interview. No new info for royal watchers but the general public will learn more about the history of Party Pieces. You can tell Carole's so proud of the business that she built, as she should be.

Yeah, I know. I only said that because when there was speculation that the new mother-in-law could possibly give an interview, folks on the forums we’re having meltdowns.

It’s interesting to know, Carole, read those endless stories about her up to last year. I and so many others thought she ignored such nonsense.

Last edited:

Well, some of them should shut up - though maybe without the being locked away in a dungeon part.

And as for Carole, she proved once again how classy, intelligent and overall amazing person she is. It's really impressive how well Middletons have handled themselves, and for such a long time!

Glad this precedent has been established :)

https://t.co/SHkJxPidNB?amp=1

Carole gives an interview. It’s interesting

When you think about all the dirt thrown in her face (including on this very same forum), she comes out as a very down to earth, decent and discreet woman. ..

Morality : just take some news and/or articles from some Press with a grain of salt (especially nowadays ahem ...).

Glad this precedent has been established :)

Although I wasn't able to read the full article as its behind a pay wall, I get the impression she was interviewed as Carole Middleton, founder of Party Pieces rather than as the mother of the Duchess of Cambridge. In this respect, it isn't setting a new precedent as there have been other interviews with people with close ties to the British royal family that were based on the person alone rather than the relationship they have with a royal. Tom Parker Bowles comes to mind. There have been others but examples just don't seem to want to come to mind for my caffeine deprived mind this morning.

I also noticed the resemblance between Carole and Kate. :D

It was an interesting article. Carole comes across as very down to earth, which she would have to be, really, to be able to keep a level head over the years after some of the garbage that's been lobbed her way.

And I agree that no precedent has been set that hasn't been set before. As long as the interviewee is speaking solely as a private individual, it's no harm no foul. Giving an interview with any but the most oblique and general reference to the royal connection would go over like the proverbial ton of bricks and would not be appreciate by the royal family.

Wonderful interview. Carole is is a very beautiful beautiful person.
--

Re: Carole’s interview - whether you think she should or shouldn’t have done it, the article explicitly states it was done in celebration of Party Pieces’s 30th anniv. Any other potential reasons (plugging merch, the accompanying Xmas tips article) were just a bonus.

Via The Record Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Just from what I know of Carole, its easy to see where Kate gets her quiet reserve from. ?

I don’t see an issue with this interview at all. It was said it was clearly to mark 30yrs of party pieces so it was an interview as carol buisness woman not just “kate’s mum”. Plenty of other royals do interviews in similar ways- when they have a purpose- so why shouldn’t carole? One interview in all this time is hardly going to cause damamge and its not lile she talks at length about the RF. Its certainly not even as bad as half the interviews Sarah Ferguson still does.

I think it's an interesting & well timed interview of a successful entrepreneur. Carole is an admirable woman IMO. She's had to endure bucketfuls of bile from the tabloids due to her working class roots. She's worked hard & she's aspired to provide greater life opportunities for her children. She's been classy & dignified in the face of sneering snobbery from sections of the press. Her royal grandchildren are very fortunate to have such a role model as a grandmother & I hope they grow up to be proud fo their ancestors who toiled long days as coal miners, painters & decorators.

While Mrs Middleton's interview was all right, her fashion choices for the Telegraph photos were perplexing. Mrs Middleton looked awkward, mutton dressed as lamb springs to mind, posing in the dresses worn by The Duchess of Cambridge.

Last edited:
:previous: As far as I'm concerned, Carole always looks well dressed and well groomed no matter what she wears. She's in good shape and *can* wear the type of clothes her daughters wear. We should all be so lucky. :D

Not many 60 plus year old ladies that can share clothing with their daughters...she looks very good.

LaRae

:previous: As far as I'm concerned, Carole always looks well dressed and well groomed no matter what she wears. She's in good shape and *can* wear the type of clothes her daughters wear. We should all be so lucky. :D

I agree, Carole always looks fine. She's kept her figure and most of her looks and always looks appropriate wherever she goes.

Generally when the phrase mutton dressed as lamb is used a mature woman is dressing as a teenager or much younger woman.
As many folks say Catherine dresses older than her years, I don’t see how the phrase begins to fit here. I don’t see the problem with Caole’s dresses. She looks pretty amazing, and if the length were a bit longer, I’d wear them too. I’m a few years younger than Carole but my legs are not as good as hers!

I hadn't seen this report about James Middleton sometime after the Cambridge wedding. It's interesting. I didn't know that James had gifted Kate & William the puppy Lupo as a wedding gift. I wonder how James' 'Boompf marshmallow' enterprise transpired?

James arrived with a female friend at the charity carol service tonight... She made sure to cover her face with her large hat.

The media says the woman is Laura Pearse, a wildlife and portrait artist. She denies that's her and says she doesn't know him, so either she's playing coy, or the media just threw a dart at the wall and it landed on her name. The latter actually wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

Michael and Carole Middleton are selling Kate and Pippa’s Chelsea flat. Looks like a lovely property and it’s a steal at £2 million

3 bedroom flat for sale in Old Church Street, Chelsea, London, SW3

Not so surprising. The elder Middletons live in Berkshire, and 2 of their 3 children have larger London residences. So they'd just have James there and apparently he spends a lot of time in Scotland. No point keeping it semi-empty. I wonder if they have their eye on a different property that's more suited to their current needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom