The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pippa has had only 1 job since leaving work and that is working for her parents. What evidence is there that she has had multiple jobs which she has not kept??
Was she not a party planner for a company not long ago? Was she not photographed (in France?) with "clients" with a plastic gun after a vulgar party she helped organize? Has she not attempted book writing?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
She's a party planner on her own- she doesn't work for a party planning company. She didn't "attempt book writing"- she wrote a book. It was published. She did the publicity tour she was supposed to do and all of the related appearances.

She's worked for her parents' company and on her own side ventures for her entire career. Her brother also worked for their parents' company until he started his own business, which is apparently fairly successful.

You should investigate your facts better.

You should investigate your facts better.

Yeah, you are right, I have not investigated at all. This is just idle gossip on my part, unfortunately. I guess I have picked up from what the local teens have said (about her and the likes of Kim kardashian) and the coverage I have to see when I go through the check out whilst doing groceries. No real evidence as stated.

Since I have no interest in this family, am not willing to investigate, and want to be fair to you, I will unsubscribe from this thread. I apologize if I have offended anyone but submit to my previous impression of her, however incorrect it may be.:sad:

What really gets me is that its often been surmised that if the Middleton children worked for their parents, it wasn't really a "job" and they've been branded as slackers.

Wasn't so long ago that it was such a big deal and there was one proud papa when he could add "& Sons" to the storefront. Businesses were very much in the family and handed down from generation to generation. Today with so many chain outlets and supermarkets, mom and pop shops have gone the way of milkmen and drive-in movies. To me, the fact that the Middletons have a successful family business in this day and age is quite an accomplishment.

I think Pippa is a very intelligent and active person. Pippa has raised £16784.00 for her two charities, according to the Just Giving website. She and her brother James participated in the Vasaloppet 90 km cross-country ski challenge last March. It takes a lot of skill, athleticism and determination to accomplish that.
An article in Stuff.co.na and another in The Times UK says that Pippa is in training for the coast-to-coast race in New Zealand in February, a triathlon that involves running, cycling and kayaking. This sounds like a tremendously difficult challenge.

"The Speight's Coast to Coast is the world’s premier multi-sport event. The Speight's Coast to Coast is the benchmark by which all other multi-sport events are judged, both here in New Zealand and overseas.
The Speight's Coast to Coast traverses the South Island of New Zealand from Kumara Beach on the Tasman Sea to Sumner Beach on the Pacific Ocean. Over either two days (individuals or two person teams) or the one-day event (individuals only), competitors cycle 140 kms (three stages of 55km, 15 km and 70 km), run 36 km (including a 33 km mountain stage that crosses the Southern Alps) and kayak 67kms of the grade two Waimakariri River through the Grand Canyon of New Zealand, the Waimakariri Gorge.
Top competitors take ten and three quarter hours to cover the 243kms while the slowest time ever recorded was twenty-four and a half hours."

I don't know if she is going to compete in this competion. I don't know whether she will raise more money for her charities. But I do think she deserves respect and even admiration for her efforts.

Pippa Middleton - JustGiving
The new adventures of Pippa Middleton | The Times
Pippa Middleton 'hopes to do Coast to Coast' | Stuff.co.nz
Speights Coast to Coast Multisport Race South Island NZ: Race History

Apparently, Pippa worked for a public relations firm immediately after graduation. She left that job and joined Table Talk, a party planning venture. She now works for her parents. That's not so bad, though, considering that people these days change jobs between 3 and 8 times in their lifetime.

Apparently Pippa will be at the Language of Flowers on 7th February in London. IF it's true it seems unlikely she'll attend The Speight's Coast to Coast in NZ.

However I don't know what source is more reliable.

Tweet:

The Media Eye @MediaEyeTweets
Millie Mackintosh, Jamie Redknapp, Laura Whitmore and Pippa Middleton are among expected guests at the Language of Flowers launch, Feb 7.

Not the this is a labour intensive business, mail out does not require a large number of employees to have pretty substancial returns. Anyone have any idea how many employees the Middleton's have at the business?

Not the this is a labour intensive business, mail out does not require a large number of employees to have pretty substancial returns. Anyone have any idea how many employees the Middleton's have at the business?

I have a friend who works at a busy little mail order company selling baby/kid stuff. They have a substantial catalogue of products and the company does quite well. They have 7 or 8 employees. Just enough work to that it's steady, but not enough to warrant hiring additional staff (the boss's teenage kids apparently help when it's busy). I would guess that Party Pieces wouldn't have many more. That's including accounting, the people answering the phones and packaging and the mail ( i guess everyone kinda does double duty)

Last edited:
How the Queen could give Michael Middleton a title ahead of the Royal birth | Mail Online

I kind of like this idea. Especially the idea that the title would have a reminder to the eldest child. This could be a signal that while the Uk still supports the system of herediary peerages, these peerages are going to be more modern.
Plus it would see the title wander along the lines of Michael-Catherine-next king or queen when it would merge with the Crown anyway. No title for James as son, but not heir of an Earl, a nice title for Pippa: The Lady Philippa Middleton. So the titles would stay within the family, as James has non,e so his future wife won't have one, Philippa has only a personal courtesy title she can't share with her husband and the title will end out merging with the Crown.

The Queen can't actually bestow a peerage upon Michael Middleton; these days, peerage titles (excluding Royal ones) are given only on advice of the Government.
Even if the Queen could make Michael Middleton a peer, I think it would be a horrible idea. The Middletons are a respectable family who have achieved a lot thanks to a hard work and dedication - but the same can be said about tens of thousands of other British people. It will definitely not be viewed favourably right now.

Incidentally, in a theoretical situation Michael Middleton gets a title, it will not merge with the Crown. Standard Letters Patent contain the "heirs male" reminder, meaning Michael would be succeeded by James and his issue to the total exclusion of Kate and Pippa.

I actually think it would be a great idea if The Queen and government decided to grant Mr. Middleton a title, since he's about to become the grandfather of a future king or queen. The Middleton's are forever linked in history with the British Monarchy. I don't know if this will actually happen but I think it would be a very gesture by The Queen and government.

Incidentally, in a theoretical situation Michael Middleton gets a title, it will not merge with the Crown. Standard Letters Patent contain the "heirs male" reminder, meaning Michael would be succeeded by James and his issue to the total exclusion of Kate and Pippa.

Artemisia, the point was that these new Letter Patents could show that peerages can be modernized on creation. No need to do thinks backward but a look forward. So the title could be created with a reminder to the eldest child, which would make Catherine her father's heiress. And after her her eldest child which will be the heir to the Crown. So it could be a great gesture towards keeping peerages but modernizing them with next to no historical consequences.

It would even be a good move when we think about the future and future Britons. While most would know that the monarch is the son/daughter of king William and his wife, daughter of an Earl, only few would realise that the Queen Mother Catherine was not born the daughter of an Earl but became one due to her marriage. Thus the public perception of the future Heirs to the throne would be "grander" and more Royal, which could turn out to be a good thing.

Last edited:
... I think it would be a horrible idea.
I agree with you, it's a horrible idea - because it's one of the Daily Mail's pot-stirring articles.

And my measure of Michael (and Carole) Middleton is that they wouldn't really want a peerage anyway. Michael and Carole Middleton have a raised a very close family and they have shown a lot of grace and class. I suspect that they (as well as Pippa and James) find the media focus on their family intrusive and more attention - in the form of a peerage - would not be welcome.

What is the advantage to the country if Michael Middleton is given a peerage? And if people are being modern, why would that think he needs the title?

The Middleton's could turn down The Queen's gesture, If that were to happen. I personally wouldn't turn a title down if it was offered to me and my family. I wouldnt want to offend The Queen and I would like to think of it as a nice gift to my family.

I don't know if the article have any comments and I wouldn't pay any attention to it if it did.

Last edited:
What a silly article. Must have been a slow day in the DM fiction department. About as likely to happen as the sun rising in the west and setting in the east.

It's just another DM article so we don't know if it's true.
Although IMO it would be great if Michael Middleton was given a peerage.

Thanks for sharing!:flowers:

What a silly article. Must have been a slow day in the DM fiction department. About as likely to happen as the sun rising in the west and setting in the east.

Thank you! The Middletons have done nothing important to receive peerages for, let alone just to enhance the new 'girl' rules.

A Knighthood for services to British industry could do as well.

Oh God, if the Queen does give Michael a Peerage I may become an AntiRoyalist! He has done nothing to deserve one, aside from producing a beautiful daughter who happened, by some change of fate, to fall in love with a Prince. Big woop! So have many other lovely woman (Sophie, Sarah, Mary, Mette-Marit to name a few.) Who cares if they are the 2nd or 3rd "Common" as grandparents to the future King or Queen. It's the 21st Century, roll with it. The Daily Mail posts such troff sometimes, it's unbelievable.

Honestly, if this actually happens I may reconsider my liking towards the British Royal family. It will only add fuel to the fire of the Middletons being "social climbers". Could you imagine the newspaper articles about Lady Philippa and James, Viscount Whatever. I dread to think of them as "aristrocracy".

Lumutqueen, you are exactly right. What HAS he done to deserve a knighthood. I would much rather see a Sir David Beckham (which makes me shudder, only because we'd have a Lady Beckham) over Sir Michael Middleton.

I have just realised my post makes me sound like I have a big disliking toward the Middleton's, which is untrue. I just do not think Michael deserves the right to he raised to a Peerage.

Last edited:
What a silly article. Must have been a slow day in the DM fiction department...
:lol:

I still contend that a peerage - or a knighthood - would be the last thing that Michael Middleton would want anyway.

I seriously doubt Michael Middleton will ever be given a title. IIRC, it was Carole that started Party Pieces so that lets Michael out of the picture as far as being titled for business reasons. They'd have to title Carole too.

To me, it would undermine the importance of a title. They're not given willy nilly on a whim.

If Michael became a Knight, Carole would get a title.

If Michael became a Knight, Carole would get a title.

You're absolutely right. I think what I meant to convey is as far as the business goes, it was more Carole than Michael and she would most likely earn a title or knighthood for business reasons more so than Michael. :D

To me, it would undermine the importance of a title. They're not given willy nilly on a whim.

No, but they were given for services to the monarch. Even bedding him or lending one's wife to the king.... So it's nothing new that people who marry into the RF are given a title and their family an upgrade. Think Mathilde of Belgium....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom