The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DoC Kate's family genealogy is quite interesting. In fact, the DoC and the DoS are very distantly connected via King Edward III. A line of Kate's father's family is directly descended from one of King Edward III's sons. While on Meghan's father's side (through Thomas Markle's mother's line) there is direct descent from one of King Edward III's daughters.

In any case, genealogists say that most people alive today who have English ancestry would find themselves connected in some way to King Edward III, if they can actually trace back that far, which is not easy to do. ;)

A lot of this historic royal genealogical connections among the British royals has been previously reported (e.g., Kate and William share a common descendant which makes them 11th cousins, as do Meghan and Harry share descent lines dating back to the 15th century and beyond to Edward III, but I don't think the historical and human significance of these connections fully sinks in contrasted with our modern world daily lives). The reality is that many humans living today if we go back far enough, have some type of family or tribal connection. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Catherine,_Duchess_of_Cambridge

https://anthonyadolph.co.uk/princess-catherine/ scroll down from Edward III to 'Elizabeth Mortimer' to see Kate's ancestral connection to Meghan

If I can find an appropriate thread, I can also post an ancestral chart compiled by American genealogists showing Meghan's direct line of descent from Edward III via Elizabeth Mortimer. And there's also interesting genealogical information available re Meghan's maternal family ancestry.

Meanwhile,
DoC Kate's family has an online blog promoting their company's products and services. There are some pretty cool ideas for party-making!

https://blog.partypieces.co.uk/

Last edited:
I disagree with some of your post.

1. James gets covered because he is related to four HRHs not because he is one himself. Same will be true for Margaret's grandkids and the Wessex kids. They aren't HRHs either but being related to royals is enough to drive interest.

2. Speculation does move from one to another when the well dries up with the former. The tabs have pages to fill and want to gossip about the anything in proxy to the BRF. If James is boring they will look for other relatives, the younger the better because the 18-35 year-old readers give them the best ad revenue. When Catherine married and it was harder to stalk her they moved their focus to Pippa. Now with Pippa, Harry and Eugenie all married and with Beatrice living in the USA, they are settling for obsessing over James when previously he was of lesser interest to them.

You cant compare James Middleton to the queen's grandkids. Titles or not, they are royals. James is just an in law :ermm:

There are two categories of tabloid fodder.

1. Actual royals

2. Celebrities

James for all his relation to Kate falls into the second category. He falls in the lines of Thomas Markle. Royal in laws come into interest here and there and fall into the shadows. Just like the Spencers, Camilla's family and so on.

There will always be two categories.

1. Royals who are of interest now for headlines:

-Harry and Meghan with new baby and all the family drama
-Beatrice with her new boyfriend and his ex wife
-Eugenie and Jack to a lighter extent and possible baby to come
-and the odd random story like Philip and his car accident

2. Extended family and associates of the royals of interest:
-Thomas Markle and Samantha Markle and their drama
-friends of Meghan like George Clooney making statements
-James Middleton and mental health

James will never move into category 1. His story lines will never take away interest in category one. Louise and James will never impact him. Just like Pippa and her boyfriends, and eventually wedding, didn't dent Harry and his dating escapades. Or Beatrice and her work shy stories and so on.

If James gets bumped out of interest, and his interest is minimal at best, it will be by the more dramatic like the Markles. Another in law or friend who brings in more ad money.

James was spotted cycling in London with four dogs!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...gs-London.html

Cute dogs. Does make me think the dogs would rather be out running and getting exercise and not in the cart though.

Cute dogs. Does make me think the dogs would rather be out running and getting exercise and not in the cart though.
I'm guessing he's taking them to a park where they can have a proper run.

Just horrid. A commenter in the article suggested that this could have been done as an act of hatred against James from an employee, though even for an act of hatred this is stepping the line a bit :ermm: I hope the photos aren't real.

Not Half. Do a search for other coverage. It seems a few people have been asked to go. And the press with feast on this for weeks!

Yes, it is always a problem, when a high standing person or its family actually make business - ask President Trump!

Is the business in question, "Party Pieces", on amazon.com or do they have their own website? Amazon is a sales price killer!:whistling:

:previous:

Thanks for the quick answer! Yeah, that's always problematic - price comparison and so on...

Nice to see James and Spencer enjoying some leisure time together. The dogs certainly are pampered!

:previous: The dogs may get more coverage than some of the other news events!

Interesting that Alice lived to be 107 years young. It looks like the Cambridge children may have inherited the longevity gene from both Mom and Dad.

At least some of his family. Ronald died at 72 and his wife at 71. Her oldest grandparent was Peter Middleton who died at 90, his wife Valerie at 82.

Yes it is a shame she never got to meet any of the Middleton kids or their children before she died. :sad:

She was interviewed shortly before the wedding, sitting in her daughter's kitchen with a stocking cap on her head. I can't remember her exact words but she said she preferred Harry over William because he was the devilish one.

James Middleton has been asked to serve as godfather to Spencer's eight-month-old son, Theodore.

The two families seem very close since Pippa married James Matthews.

That's lovely to hear. My family are close to my cousin's in-laws and we go to their houses each Christmas (we've just been invited to an in-laws wedding reception next year) so it's really nice that the Spencers and Middletons are friendly with each other too.

Last edited:
:previous: With Catherine's work for mental health and the rising campaigns to break the stigma surrounding mental health, it's great to hear James speaking up about his past difficulties. I'm glad to hear that he's in a better place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom