The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, if James were to marry her, I wonder where the wedding would take place?
Probably not in France; the same venue as Pippa's?

Or- someplace in London?

How many people could fit into the chapel at KP?

And why would he get married at KP? on what basis, I'm curious?

In the same venue as Pippa, I suppose.

In the same venue as Pippa, I suppose.

Unless his girlfriend is a Catholic (and being French there's a good chance she is) and would want to marry in a Catholic church.

Why would there be any suggestion they would marry at KP? :ermm:

If they went traditionsl, they would marry in France. It hd traditional to marry in the brides home church. Pippa did. The bride really has no connection to buckleberry though perhaps they will choose to marry there for James.

I could see a marriage in a London church. London has been home to Alizee for years. And she has spent much of her childhood moving around the world. London is home to both the couple.

Unless his girlfriend is a Catholic (and being French there's a good chance she is) and would want to marry in a Catholic church.

Yes, I'm pretty sure she's Catholic. I think I read she got her undergraduate degree at a Catholic college, that along with her being French I'd be surprised if she wasn't Catholic.

Yes, I'm pretty sure she's Catholic. I think I read she got her undergraduate degree at a Catholic college, that along with her being French I'd be surprised if she wasn't Catholic.

Yes she attended ICHEC school of business in Brussels for undergraduate. She did her graduate at Queen Mary university in London. Going to a catholic university doesn't necessarily point to being Catholic. Many of the catholic universities offer top programs that draw non Catholics. But yes combined with being French, does add a good chance she is Catholic.

If they married in France, her father owns a bed and breakfast. This seems to be the property,

https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.moulinduchassaing.com/

It would be small to host a reception indoors but they could use a tent. There is likely a church in town to host the ceremony. Looks beautiful area.

Last edited:
Yes she attended ICHEC school of business in Brussels for undergraduate. She did her graduate at Queen Mary university in London. Going yo a catholic university doesn't necessarily point to being Catholic. Many if the catholic universities offer top programs that draw non Catholics. But yes combined with being French, does add a good chance she is Catholic.

If they married in France, her father owns a bed and breakfast. This seems to be the property,

https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.moulinduchassaing.com/

It would be small to host a reception indoors but they could use a tent. There is likely a church in town to host the ceremony. Looks beautiful area.

Yes, that could be a nice option. London also has several Catholic churches too, if she fully considers herself a Londoner now.

Maybe in Catholic Westminster Cathedral?

No basis whatsoever, I'm just speculating. :lol:

But many people do have receptions at the Orangery, and since the bride has lived in London for so many years, it is probable most of her friends are British.

It just seems likely to me that she'd prefer to marry in London.

But I didn't consider that she is probably Catholic, so may prefer a Catholic church (and there's a gorgeous one in Mayfair- Immaculate Conception? That's where I would go!)

There's also a chance that this couple isn't overly religious and will opt for a destination wedding somewhere. St. Bart's comes to mind for some reason. :D

It's fun to speculate about which church James and Alizée would choose to tie the knot but...

They have only been dating for six months. A bit short to be certain they will marry.
If they really are each other's soulmate I don't see an engagement before next Summer. At the earliest :D

There's also a chance that this couple isn't overly religious and will opt for a destination wedding somewhere. St. Bart's comes to mind for some reason. :D

Or Glen Affric? ;)

Last edited:
The possibilities are endless. But first, they need to get engaged. Its entirely possible too that they could become a long term couple and decide to skip the marriage part.

Or... or... or... Speculation is such fun. :D

I bet Kate and William would like to be there too.

I am not sure about that...not much privacy on this trip. It would be a media mess if the Cambridges went there.

LaRae

I doubt James and Alizee (should they continue there relationship to the point where they consider engagement) will choose a big, royal location such as Kensington Palace or elsewhere; especially not after Pippa chose to marry at the church near Bucklebury which was quite a small and private location (of course, her wedding had a lot of coverage because of the royal attendants).
I see a wedding at a similar venue in England or a wedding at a little chateau or something similar in France as being more likely than KP or another royal location.

I doubt James and Alizee (should they continue there relationship to the point where they consider engagement) will choose a big, royal location such as Kensington Palace or elsewhere; especially not after Pippa chose to marry at the church near Bucklebury which was quite a small and private location (of course, her wedding had a lot of coverage because of the royal attendants).
I see a wedding at a similar venue in England or a wedding at a little chateau or something similar in France as being more likely than KP or another royal location.

If this couple wanted any kind of a relatively private wedding, KP would be the last place that they'd choose. Probably for the same reason that the Cambridges didn't join the family vacation at St. Bart's. Any connection to the royals or place connected to the royals brings with it the zoo that is the media.

We've seen quite a bit of their St. Bart's vacation but had the Cambridges been there, it would be the difference between a stream of media and a tsunami of media. :D

No matter what kind of wedding they'd choose, they would have the same press coverage Pippa did, because the Cambridges are sure to attend.

And really, Pippa ended up cramming guests into the vestry in that tiny church.
They definitely needed a bigger venue.

Last edited:
No basis whatsoever, I'm just speculating. :lol:

But many people do have receptions at the Orangery, and since the bride has lived in London for so many years, it is probable most of her friends are British.

It just seems likely to me that she'd prefer to marry in London.

But I didn't consider that she is probably Catholic, so may prefer a Catholic church (and there's a gorgeous one in Mayfair- Immaculate Conception? That's where I would go!)

There us a big difference between the orangery which us a public venue, and the Royal chapel :ermm:

there are plenty of Catholic or Protestant churches and reception venues open to the general public in London, especially when you have the money to pay for it. And that is what they would be, the general public.

There us a big difference between the orangery which us a public venue, and the Royal chapel :ermm:

there are plenty of Catholic or Protestant churches and reception venues open to the general public in London, especially when you have the money to pay for it. And that is what they would be, the general public.

I agree, they are just relatives of someone who married into the royal family no matter how much the media reports on them. I don't see why the Queen would allow them to use royal chapels for their weddings or children's christenings, not that I am suggesting that the Middletons themselves would seek these things.

Assuming they last and get to the point of marrying..if she is a practicing Catholic she will at minimum have a priest there (dual clergy) as well as the CoE clergy. If she is just a cultural Catholic...not really observant just identifies if asked then she will marry however and the officiant won't matter.

LaRae

If this couple wanted any kind of a relatively private wedding, KP would be the last place that they'd choose. Probably for the same reason that the Cambridges didn't join the family vacation at St. Bart's. Any connection to the royals or place connected to the royals brings with it the zoo that is the media.

We've seen quite a bit of their St. Bart's vacation but had the Cambridges been there, it would be the difference between a stream of media and a tsunami of media. :D

Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!

Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!

I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.

I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.

You’re right - the public have always been more interested in Catherine and Pippa than James, so naturally there is less coverage about him (which is what lead me to assume he was a more private person).
I didn’t mean to imply that the venue will be what he wants because the couple *both* have a say in the venue, I was just pitching into the discussion about KP’s publicity. This is all very premature to discuss; though!

Sir Charles Lupton (Catherine’s great-great-great uncle) leads a group of men, including Catherine’s great-great-grandfather, Francis Martineau Lupton in reviewing troops in Leeds, 1915. #DuchessofCambridge

Pic

Via princesspleats Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
I guess we know what the DoC is going to look like when she's older. Mrs. Middleton looks gorgeous and she & her family have done really well for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom