The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the Mike and Carole have behaved impeccably during the dating years, engagement and since the wedding. Apart from the rare statement to the press ie: engagement and outside of the hospital when George was born, they've done their best to avoid speaking to the media. Everything else the photos, video and seemingly never ending speculation stories has been generated by the press, not the family.

I just keep remembering that along with what the media is putting emphasis on, both families (the Middletons and the Windsors) are bona fide human beings and each familial relationship is as different as with every other family on the planet.

The Middletons, to me, have never seemed to want to be anyone else than who they are. The Windsors, for the most part, with being such a high profile family, have to really struggle and work at it to have any semblance of a private life. Because of a marriage, these two families find that from time to time, they interact and have family in common and to me, its a meeting of the best of both worlds.

I would say that its George and Charlotte that has won the lottery. What a wonderful family group they have. :D

You do know that the Middleton's are self made millionaires right? You do know it's Mr. And Mrs. Middleton that provided a good lifestyle for their children and sent them to the best schools. Their life has nothing to do with William.

Now, since Catherine got involved with William, the family has actually struggled to deal with the attention and walking the fine line of living their life's, but not breaking any royal eggshells. It's not an easy road to travel, but they are just doing their best to move forward in the best way possible.

Having the British media on your heels and just waiting for you to make a major mistake is not the ideal life for anyone.

What has their wealth to do with what I said? I perfectly know they are rich,and that Party Pieces is famous:whistling:, thank you.
I think they could have avoided all those ridiculous interviews, for example. Plus, sometimes they also could have avoided being front and center if they hate the press so much (which I don't think they do).

I'm not talking about paparazzi standing out of their home, for the record, as I think that's universally known it is wrong.

I've not seen anything that suggests they crave attention for themselves because of Kate's position. None of the Middletons. They can't help it the media tracks everything they do.

LaRae

That's your opinion, and I have mine. I also disagree with you last sentence. I don't think they have alwas been innocent victims haunted by the evil journalists.

What has their wealth to do with what I said? I perfectly know they are rich,and that Party Pieces is famous:whistling:, thank you.
I think they could have avoided all those ridiculous interviews, for example. Plus, sometimes they also could have avoided being front and center if they hate the press so much (which I don't think they do).

I'm not talking about paparazzi standing out of their home, for the record, as I think that's universally known it is wrong.

Nothing really wrong with them doing interviews, just as long as they're not spilling personal business. It's also not likely done without a royal nod.

I don't think they hate the press, but they have to go about their lives just like we all do. The press hasn't been kind to the Middleton's, but I think they deal with the attention very well.

The media also followed the Spencer's back in the day. The attention will be there regardless.

Nothing really wrong with them doing interviews, just as long as they're not spilling personal business. It's also not likely done without a royal nod.

I don't think they hate the press, but they have to go about their lives just like we all do. The press hasn't been kind to the Middleton's, but I think they deal with the attention very well.

The media also followed the Spencer's back in the day. The attention will be there regardless.

Once again I think you are missing the point: I'm not talking about interviews being wrong, just that one doesn't really shy away from media or doesn't really dislike media if they are willing to give interviews... that's all.

Once again I think you are missing the point: I'm not talking about interviews being wrong, just that one doesn't really shy away from media or doesn't really dislike media if they are willing to give interviews... that's all.

I think it's important for James to give interviews. It's free publicity for his company. Any company executive who shies away from any publicity that will promote his company will soon be unemployed.

So what if they give interviews. People are interested in them and they aren't spilling any royal secrets.

Its just pure logic. If they are being hounded by the press just because of who they are, why not use it to their own advantage. As the adage goes, if you can't beat 'em off with a stick, join 'em and give them something to use to one's own advantage. :D

I think it's important for James to give interviews. It's free publicity for his company. Any company executive who shies away from any publicity that will promote his company will soon be unemployed.

So what if they give interviews. People are interested in them and they aren't spilling any royal secrets.

He also try his best to set the record straight about his business. The media like to pick on him about the status of his business and finances. Now, the DM is reporting that his soon to be brother-in-law (Pippa's beau) has bailed out boomf.

I'm totally lost. I apparently have missed these 'interviews.' Please fill in the blanks.
"The Middletons" are in fact 5 people:
Michael - I can recall one statement that they were delighted when William and Catherine became engaged - are there other interviews I'm unaware of?
Carol - I can recall one statement as she left the hospital after first seeing her grandson - again, have I missed her interviews w/ the press?
Pippa - has given interviews (only a couple) to promote her book and hasn't given any interviews for quite some time - have I missed any?
James - has given interviews about his companies and perhaps a comment about his relationship w/ Donna - are there any others?

I'm totally lost. I apparently have missed these 'interviews.' Please fill in the blanks.
Michael - I can recall one statement that they were delighted when William and Catherine became engaged - are there other interviews I'm unaware of?
Carol - I can recall one statement as she left the hospital after first seeing her grandson - again, have I missed her interviews w/ the press?
Pippa - has given interviews (only a couple) to promote her book and hasn't given any interviews for quite some time - have I missed any?
James - has given interviews about his companies and perhaps a comment about his relationship w/ Donna - are there any others?

I believe your list of public announcements and comments from Mike and Carole is correct along, with your tally of the interviews given by Pippa and James which were done to promote her book and his companies. Apart from those I don't believe either sibling has done any others.

Not a big deal, but I have to roll my eyes every time people they "poor them" because the press is after them.

What about Pippa's appereances on tv and on many showy galas?

Most of the galas I've seen are charity related....but so what if she goes to galas?? Lots of people go to galas. I was also unaware that TV show appearances were an issue?

They still aren't spilling any royal secrets, giving the goods up to tabloids.

I feel bad for anyone who gets hounded by the press. Even if they moved off to the country and never went to London again...the media would be after them simply because Kate is married to William and what her position is/will be.

LaRae

What about Pippa's appereances on tv and on many showy galas?

If Pippa attends an event in support of a charity (eg, British Heart Foundation), is she courting the Press?

Is she supposed to go into purdah as her sister is the future Queen?

Showy Galas? More like charity fundraiser dinners. She is an ambassador for British Heart Foundation along with other charities. She attended their fundraisers.

Other than the Today show interview a couple of years ago? When has Pippa done a tv interview recently.

The royals themselves do tv interviews. Harry was on Good Morning America in the Spring to promote Invictus but talked about other things too. Should a private citizen like Pippa be held to a higher standard than a Royal? I think not.

For no other reason than their middle class status, the Middletons, whose daughter jumped several (maybe or maybe not well planned!) hoops will always be scrutinised and critizied.

Had she been The Honourable Kate or Lady Kate, absolute! A noteworthy Queen in the making.

Middle class (lucky enough to have a family education trust fund that sent you to the boarding school where your friends' selection introduced you to the royal circle) Kate, not so much.

There is no doubt she worked out an extremely lengthly apprenticeship, as the chiefly unacknowledged Royal GF. All of her twenties in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pippa attends an event in support of a charity (eg, British Heart Foundation), is she courting the Press?

Is she supposed to go into purdah as her sister is the future Queen?

I just think it is no coincidence that she started to make morte public appereances after Kate got engaged/married.

For no other reason than their middle class status, the Middletons, whose daughter jumped several (maybe or maybe not well planned!) hoops will always be scrutinised and critizied.

Had she been The Honourable Kate or Lady Kate, absolute! A noteworthy Queen in the making.

Middle class (lucky enough to have a family education trust fund that sent you to the boarding school where your friends' selection introduced you to the royal circle) Kate, not so much.

There is no doubt she worked out an extremely lengthly apprenticeship, as the chiefly unacknowledged Royal GF. All of her twenties in fact.

There are members of the media, public and people online who much snobbish than the actual royals. While the family were welcoming Catherine to the fold, the outsiders were turning up their noses at her and her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think it is no coincidence that she started to make morte public appereances after Kate got engaged/married.
Part of that "no coincidence" is that Pippa likely got invitations that resulted from her connection to Kate. Also Pippa may have gotten invitations in her own right because of her own connections through school and whatnot but then when she shows up her picture appears in the media because she is a known person.

Last edited:
Pippa has went to so call showy gala before Kate got engage but okay.

Have you considered that she was making these same appearances at galas all along but that the media wasn't interested in covering her until Kate got engaged?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Pippa and James went to all kinds of charity events, galas and other events before the engagement was announced. They are a very active family. Some of their attendances go unnoticed to this day.

Part of that "no coincidence" is that Pippa likely got invitations that resulted from her connection to Kate. Also Pippa may have gotten invitations in her own right because of her own connections through school and whatnot but then when she shows up her picture appears in the media because she is a known person.

Yes, that's true. But she got connection way before Kate got engaged, as she had been William's girlfriend for a decade.

Have you considered that she was making these same appearances at galas all along but that the media wasn't interested in covering her until Kate got engaged?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yep, I thought about that, too. Pippa was followed even years before Kate became a member of the royal family.

Technically the middletons are not staying at sandringham, the queen is not involved. They are staying at Amner hall, yes on the estate but not guests of the queen. But it's still lovely to see them interacting with the royals.

We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.

We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.

How do we know that they were at Sandringham before and after the service?

My take on it is that the Middletons are at Anmer Hall on the Sandringham estate for Kate's birthday weekend. Nothing to do whatsoever with the "Big House" which is where the Queen resides on the Sandringham estate.

The church serves the community in and around the Sandringham estate.

At least before. They seem to get on very well with the Queen so it doesn't surprise me the Middletons were at Sandringham

The Duchess of Cambridge's parents Carole (far right) and Michael (centre front), sister Pippa (far left) and brother James (centre back) walked to the church service this morning from Sandringham House

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/08/12/3BF2B4B200000578-4098956-image-m-17_1483876819570.jpg

it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.

Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????

Faith is a very personal thing. I know people who attend church on a regular basis who aren't very nice.

I also know people who attend church a few times a year and yet they are deeply religious.

As for the Middletons, no idea how often they attend church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom