The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think exactly the opposite. The class system in the UK is becoming less and less structured and the days of the bon ton and the hoi polloi are long gone. Its been proven time and time again that marriage for status and titles and keeping a bloodline pure doesn't work in modern times.

The day laborer.
well what does work? People marry for love all the time and don't care about "class" and marriages fail.
I don't think that the class system has gone, it never will and while there is greater class mobility, that hardly guarantees successful marriages. Carl Gustaf of Sweden married a middle class girl for love, as far as I know he has been playing around and it isn't a case of being with one woman he loved, its been a lot of them.
I am sure the Middetons pushed to an extent, and I'm sure that they would not be too happy if their kids had (after all the wrok they did to make a fortune an send them to expensive schools) married well below themselves in terms of class and money.

I love that the complaint now from the DM is that Carole planned George's birthday party and that Charles wanted to. I would think most people would want a woman who runs a party accessory company to help plan your 3yr old's birthday party rather than the Prince of Wales. I wonder if Charles actually went. He didn't go to the 2 previous ones and this year probably would had George's classmates at so a room full of 3 yr olds doesn't seem like Charles's idea of a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ha ha Charles doing a 3 year old birthday party. He would bring a book they would have to read and then sit down with him and discuss it. Lego buildings would be discussed at length and the party would finish with everyone having a chat with the flowers

:previous: As if The Cambridges are the kind of people who would endorse one grandparent over another freezing the other out. As if the the Royal Family at all seems to wrap itself in emotional drama. The mind reels at what people get paid to write. :dizzy:

It is possible if the cars were heading toward the lunch where the women were to meet the shooting party for lunch, Mike well could have been with the men out on the shoot. I would have imagined that if it was the church service, Mike and Carole would have been together.

Just pure speculation here folks.

Maybe Mike's not there. It might be that he was stuck holding the fort at Party Pieces for some reason.

The story says 'Carole and husband Michael flew to Aberdeen on Thursday on a scheduled British Airways flight.'

Hopefully we'll get more pictures

Interesting the pics of the Queen driving both Kate and her mother on different occasions on royal private grounds, where apparently taking photographs is prohibited.

Again, apparently, that privacy clause was breeched when pictures of Prince George sitting on a motor bike with a few officers and Kate around were printed in the press. The Cambridges complained and the complaint was upheld.

Wonder will Kate put in another for this apparent breech of privacy??! :lol:

Sandringham is the Queen's estate. It would be up to her. The bar is set a lot higher for a three year old though.

Interesting the pics of the Queen driving both Kate and her mother on different occasions on royal private grounds, where apparently taking photographs is prohibited.

Again, apparently, that privacy clause was breeched when pictures of Prince George sitting on a motor bike with a few officers and Kate around were printed in the press. The Cambridges complained and the complaint was upheld.

Wonder will Kate put in another for this apparent breech of privacy??! :lol:
The Cambridges choose their cases carefully. The only one we know they took legal action on were the intrusive paris pics. They might complain to the Press Association but that is generally only when it involves the children (and also Kate before marriage when she was still a private citizen). I'm not aware of any case where they have complained about they themselves being photographed so why would they this time?

Do not all the royal estates/homes inhabited by the family belong to the Queen?!

Other than those bought privately by family members outside the royal stronghold.

I guess the point I'm making is that there is a level of cherry picking in play.

If George was seen sitting pearched in his seat in the back behind Kate/Carole for example. Would that change anything? I suspect not.

The Cambridges choose their cases carefully. The only one we know they took legal action on were the intrusive paris pics. They might complain to the Press Association but that is generally only when it involves the children (and also Kate before marriage when she was still a private citizen). I'm not aware of any case where they have complained about they themselves being photographed so why would they this time?

I appreciate the aspect of George being in the picture, but in the same picture as the Queen driving Kate / Carole I wonder if it would go as far or anywhere at all? It's good Royals and Mids press.

For example, the photographs of Carole playing on the beach with George about a year ago ..... not aware of anything there .....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rivacy-breach-complaints-upheld-prince-george

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not all the royal estates/homes inhabited by the family belong to the Queen?!

Other than those bought privately by family members outside the royal stronghold.

I guess the point I'm making is that there is a level of cherry picking in play.

If George was seen sitting pearched in his seat in the back behind Kate/Carole for example. Would that change anything? I suspect not.

Are there any circumstances where you think royal children shouldn't be photographed?

Harry had pictures of him and Cressida in a movie theatre removed from the Mirror website because it breached privacy.

If Harry has privacy there, George should have privacy when he's at home and unaware he's being photographed.

Last edited:
The one with Carole and the Queen were out on the roads of the estate. May have been other people's land. The one that the complaint was about was behind the gates of KP. The photos literally has the metal bars of the fence in the picture.

I appreciate the aspect of George being in the picture, but in the same picture as the Queen driving Kate / Carole I wonder if it would go as far or anywhere at all? It's good Royals and Mids press.

For example, the photographs of Carole playing on the beach with George about a year ago ..... not aware of anything there .....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rivacy-breach-complaints-upheld-prince-george

Were the pictures of George and Carole published in the UK?

Last edited:
Were the pictures of George and Carole published in the UK?

The pictures in question are of Catherine and George outside the gates of KP (they can be googled). The pictures of The Queen and Carole were taken on a public road travelling to Crathie Kirk.

:previous: I was responding to a previous comment but I did not quote the comment which I should have. I'll edit my post to add the quote.

:previous: I was responding to a previous comment but I did not quote the comment which I should have. I'll edit my post to add the quote.

Apologies, then the new answer is no. A quick google search shows the pictures, but english press only talked about the pictures never published them.

The pictures in question are of Catherine and George outside the gates of KP (they can be googled). The pictures of The Queen and Carole were taken on a public road travelling to Crathie Kirk.

I'm somewhat doubting that the destination was Crathie Kirk from what I saw in the picture. If HM is heading to church, she is dressed for church with hat, gloves and all. In the photo I saw, it looked to me like the Queen was bareheaded and dressed more casual.

Seriously? What else can this media savie family come up with??! Zzzzzzz!

As far as I know, she went to a very fine school, costing 70 000 dollars a year, anf her father is very succesfull. I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong.

Kate and Pippa did go to a notable boarding school which fees were provided for by an education trust fund from the Middldeton side of the family.

Collage was completely different, acceptance being based on exam results, but you paid the same as anyone else. All walks of life could be found there! :) !

The year previous and while at boarding school, Kate had applied to and been accepted by The University of Edingburgh (where Pippa subsequently went).

When it was announced William would be attending St. Andrews, following a gap year, Kate retracted her acceptance, applied for the same gap year experience as William and the same collage course at St Andrews, which she was granted. While teachers at her boarding school could acknowladge that fact they couldn't say why!

Last edited:
Kate and Pippa did go to a notable boarding school which fees were provided for by an education trust fund from the Middldeton side of the family.

Collage was completely different, acceptance being based on exam results, but you paid the same as anyone else. All walks of life could be found there! :) !

The year previous and while at boarding school, Kate had applied to and been accepted by The University of Edingburgh (where Pippa subsequently went).

When it was announced William would be attending St. Andrews, following a gap year, Kate retracted her acceptance, applied for the same gap year experience as William and the same collage course at St Andrews, which she was granted. While teachers at her boarding school could acknowladge that fact they couldn't say why!

Not true, kate applied to that gap year long before she went (they even had a survival weekend), the head from that charity said that and that was before she knew william would go there because they made that public after. The acceptance at st andrews had to be before the deadline and william made his public after the deadline so kate didn't know he would go there and both ending up at the same study house was a lotery according to the president of the university. I wouldn't read the dm as much.

If St. Andrews is top school like people claim it is, it would have been hard for Kate to get in at the last minute and be in the same year as William like some people, the think.

Not true, kate applied to that gap year long before she went (they even had a survival weekend), the head from that charity said that and that was before she knew william would go there because they made that public after. The acceptance at st andrews had to be before the deadline and william made his public after the deadline so kate didn't know he would go there and both ending up at the same study house was a lotery according to the president of the university. I wouldn't read the dm as much.

Excellent first post. :flowers: I love when people use logic instead of just regurgitating nonsensical gossip. Unfortunately, the latter is all too common around here.

I agree that everyone should abstain from reading the DM unless they are willing to read with a massive amount of skepticism.

It was announced in August of 2000 that William would be taking a gap year before entering St. Andrews in 2001

Prince William to Attend St. Andrews - ABC News

So no it isn't impossible for Kate to have changed plans. A year in advance is in no way last minute switching universities. Deferring entrance from 2000 to 2001, it left a year for her to get into the school. It was also revealed at the same time that he would be going to South America for an educational program. No she wouldn't know which one. But signing up for a program down there would give them something in common. So sorry but there is nothing that is too much if a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom