The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn't the Spencers have a higher public profile anyway because of the sister who dated Charles a few years before Diana?

LaRae

Oh yes! The Spencer's are part of the British aristocracy.

Pippa Middleton may have celebrated her 32nd birthday on Sunday, but that doesn't mean she plans to take it easy on Monday.

The fitness fanatic is competing in the Otillio 2015 Swim-Run Championship in Sweden, a grueling 45-mile race that includes six miles of swimming across open water. Fans can track the progress of Pippa and the other competitors through the competition's official livestream.

According to the organization, 120 international teams will begin at the start line at Sandman in Stockholm before launching into a dawn-to-dusk competition that will have athletes running and swimming while hopping through 26 islands in a Swedish archipelago.
Updated : Pippa Middleton in the Otillio Swim-Run Championship Livestream : People.com

Thank you Marty91charmed, thank you! They are not royalty, one did not and does not see this kind of media behaviour over The Spencer's, The Rhys-Jones', The Ferguson's. Yes occassionally they made the news but not to this extent and to be frank, Marshmallows, and I am a fan of that fat free sweet, do not excite me that much. Leave them alone. More than enough already.

We live in a very different world than the one we lived in when the Queen's children dated. We have 24-hours news stations and websites, the media always want to get the "big" story or picture out before anyone else. The people who buy the rags or click on the stories only push media to continue to hunt the Middletons in ways the Spencers, Rhys-Jones', and Fergusons never had to deal with.

We live in a very different world than the one we lived in when the Queen's children dated. We have 24-hours news stations and websites, the media always want to get the "big" story or picture out before anyone else. The people who buy the rags or click on the stories only push media to continue to hunt the Middletons in ways the Spencers, Rhys-Jones', and Fergusons never had to deal with.

True, the Middleton's are dealing with a total different media than previous in-laws.

Well, considering the Tabs have been predicting an immediate engagement for Pippa about half a dozen times in the past couple of years, I suppose they're bound to be right sooner or later. If the couple continue dating, of course.

They had her getting engaged to the cricket guy Alex post royal wedding. It's like Kate being pregnant. If they keep saying it over and over, it may happen eventually.

The highlight of Pippa's wedding will be page boy Cheeks who will be inspired by his dad's page boy act at his uncle's wedding and cause complete chaos to the amusement of the guests.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The highlight of Pippa's wedding will be page boy Cheeks who will be inspired by his dad's page boy act at his uncle's wedding and cause complete chaos to the amusement of the guests.

oh great joy! I expect George may get a few page boy turns in the next few years - Pippa, Harry, James... maybe even Beatrice, Eugenie.

No offense to The Daily Mail, but when have Pippa and Nico ever been "off". She's been continuously wearing the Cartier Love Bracelet since he bought it for her in March 2013. She even wears it while running her marathons.

Also, Charlotte Griffiths made a mistake about them being in Italy this month. Months ago, The Daily Mail fabricated a story that Nico was taking Pippa to Italy for her birthday. Then the truth came out that she would be in Sweden for her birthday and the Mail quickly backtracked. Ms. Griffiths apparently did not get the updated memo.

I know the Mail is famous for their errors and fantasies but basic fact-checking shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:
I think their off is that there are long periods where Nico isn't seen with Pippa but Pippa is seen with guys who are friends such as James Matthews so per the Daily Mail logic that's on/off.

Who cares? The woman is a private subject, let her have her privacy. I have zero interest in her relationship to be frank as it won't change my life or impact on it. Although I admire her using her public profile to support The British Heart Foundation. Good for you Pippa!

When somebody repeatedly comments in the Middleton thread that they have no interest in the Middletons, I'm reminded of a little ditty from Hamlet~

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much." :king3:

I think believe Shakespeare did not write 'ditty' in Hamlet or elsewhere. That particular quote is also frequently taken out of context. The Middleton's are not members of the Royal Family.

In common usage contemporarily a ditty is a short song, or lines thereof or therein or where you refering to the, I believe French origin's of the English word?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: It was in Hamlet during the play-within-a-play scene. I think it was Queen Gertrude who said "The lady doth protest too much." It was her reaction to the Queen in the play's reaction to the death of the king IIRC.

Last edited:
Time to move on from Shakespeare, which has little or nothing to do with the Duchess of Cambridge's family or their wealth and background.

Kate's brother back on the market: Donna Air 'left heartbroken as James Middleton ends their two-year relationship'-
Donna Air 'heartbroken as James Middleton ends their two year relationship' | Daily Mail Online

That was fast, they were just pictured on vacation and they couldn't keep their hands off each other.

No relationship can survive those color shoes with that color dress. :p (Bet there's someone in the wings. Mr Middleton is looking mighty fine in that picture!)

She's a fine young woman though. Perhaps, James thought he was taking on too much for his age. She's older and with a daughter. I think that's fine, but maybe it was too much for him. They made a nice looking couple though.

Last edited:
I'm a bit skeptical. This story was brought forth by Dan Wootton, the same man responsible for the Harry-Chelsy reunion story. I think I'll wait for a more reputable source. After all, the Mail has spent a better part of a month hinting that Pippa dumped Nico for James Matthews, only for Pippa to be photographed with Nico last weekend.

Also, Donna wasn't out with her ex for "some much needed family time", they were out celebrating their daughter's 12th birthday.

If, big if, they've broken up then I imagine if has to do with her biological clock. In interviews she's talked about wanting more children, at 36 she can't dilly-dally. If James told her that he wouldn't be ready for marriage/children for a few more years then she might as well move on.

I hate to toot my own horn but James Middleton has denounced the British press for falsely claiming that he and Donna Air split. I knew we had to be suspicious of the claim because Dan Wootton has never written an accurate story before. He has a worse track record than Katie Nicholl and I didn't think that was humanly possible.

And to think the slimy Daily Mail put the break-up story on their newspaper cover under the heading "James Middleton dumps Geordie blonde". So misogynistic they wouldn't even use her name even though she's more famous than James. I hope the Sun and Mail issue a public apology to the couple. Shameful.

Last edited:
I knew something wasn't right about that story. I mean, we saw pictures of them together on vacation and then suddenly there's a breakup headline. It just sounded fishy to me.

I guess he's okay with that shoe color thing, then. Go figure! :cool: :p ;)

I hate to toot my own horn but James Middleton has denounced the British press for falsely claiming that he and Donna Air split. I knew we had to be suspicious of the claim because Dan Wootton has never written an accurate story before. He has a worse track record than Katie Nicholl and I didn't think that was humanly possible.

And to think the slimy Daily Mail put the break-up story on their newspaper cover under the heading "James Middleton dumps Geordie blonde". So misogynistic they wouldn't even use her name even though she's more famous than James. I hope the Sun and Mail issue a public apology to the couple. Shameful.
Kate Middleton's brother James breaks silence to say he and Donna Air haven't split | Daily Mail Online

She's a fine young woman though. Perhaps, James thought he was taking on too much for his age. She's older and with a daughter. I think that's fine, but maybe it was too much for him. They made a nice looking couple though.
Except the article I read gleefully laid the blame for the 'break up' on Carole's interference - they love to attack her, don't they, from claiming her own marriage is on the rocks, to all sorts of wild lies about her role in her grandchildren's lives to this latest claim. The tabs' attacks on Carole are pathologically vicious.

Except the article I read gleefully laid the blame for the 'break up' on Carole's interference - they love to attack her, don't they, from claiming her own marriage is on the rocks, to all sorts of wild lies about her role in her grandchildren's lives to this latest claim. The tabs' attacks on Carole are pathologically vicious.

The British press has a deranged hatred for three things:

1. women
2. the working class
3. muslims

Unfortunately for Carole she represents two of their psychosis triggers, so they aim their bigoted wrath at her. She's given them zero ammo, so they've resorted to malicious lies. Donna Air has a class background very similar to Carole, if her and James marry you can expect Donna to get the same treatment from the tabloids, they're already grooming her as we saw with this latest story. If it wasn't so sinister it would be pathetically funny.

The British press has a deranged hatred for three things:

1. women
2. the working class
3. muslims

Unfortunately for Carole she represents two of their psychosis triggers, so they aim their bigoted wrath at her. She's given them zero ammo, so they've resorted to malicious lies. Donna Air has a class background very similar to Carole, if her and James marry you can expect Donna to get the same treatment from the tabloids, they're already grooming her as we saw with this latest story. If it wasn't so sinister it would be pathetically funny.

Oh dear, I didn't know. :sad: I don't really follow the Middletons per se. I am now sorry for my clueless comments about Donna Air's shoe color. I do apologize.

If Carole was really the social climbing Mrs. Bennett control freak that the Mail makes her to be, Pippa would be married to George Percy and James to some Lady with multiple last names by now. ?

If Carole was really the social climbing Mrs. Bennett control freak that the Mail makes her to be, Pippa would be married to George Percy and James to some Lady with multiple last names by now. ��

I agree. A dominant quality I see in her children is that they learned to not settle. But to enjoy life as they make their way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom