The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After having to retract and apologize for the lies about Carole and Mike, you would think DM would fade into the shadows for a little while. Why any one would believe anything written in that tabloid is beyond me.....

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Here's the link to the royal box info from Wimbledon's website.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/royal_box.html

No mention of having to make a great contribution to British society. The Middletons could be considered supporters of British Tennis, one a the mentioned categories.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tight rope, though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.

Well said, Dman. :flowers: A good post. I agree 100%.

BTW I am struck that Kate and Pippa often dress nearly alike at important family events (wedding, christenings). It strikes me that these two sisters function like twins, with that kind of closeness and respect. Such bonds are gold. George and Charlotte are fortunate to be born into that kind family, with that level of warmth and connection. Can only be healthy. :flowers:

Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet.

I agree.
All sorts of people sit in the Royal Box from visiting royalty (Prince Albert of Monaco) to sports figures (Sir Ben Ainslie) to celebrities.
Why NOT Pippa and James?

After having to retract and apologize for the lies about Carole and Mike, you would think DM would fade into the shadows for a little while. Why any one would believe anything written in that tabloid is beyond me.....

I think it's a case of what people want to believe. The DM is very good at stirring people up. Also, their website is very successful, in large part because they post lots of pictures, and that gets people sucked in. I worry about the people who write this stuff more than anything. :D

Here's the link to the royal box info from Wimbledon's website.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/royal_box.html

No mention of having to make a great contribution to British society. The Middletons could be considered supporters of British Tennis, one a the mentioned categories.

I would interpret "supporters of British tennis" to mean those who coach, develop or financially support the game - not who are interested in attending a social event with tennis as a backdrop. I don't know, are James & pippa regular players or members of the LTA? Did either show any interest in tennis before Kate married William, do they attend other tournaments? I'm not talking here about other tournaments in the social round like the U.S. Open or Queens. Have they ever been spotted on Court 13 watching the world number 200 play the world number 150. That's a supporter of tennis. I know next to nothing about them and so can't say.

There's no reason for them not to be invited into the Royal Box as those "from other walks of life".

Of course, they could turn down the invite and choose to sit elsewhere where they could not be accused by the uncharitable of cashing in on their sister. I'm sure there are equally good seats elsewhere in the ground.

Personally, I choose not to believe anything Richard Kay writes about Charles & Camilla so I'd also have to give James & Pippa the benefit of the doubt & say the story is another figment of Mr Kay's imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Are Catherine's siblings really in the forefront?

It was The Mail that whined that Pippa wasn't chosen as godparent. It was The Mail who hoped she would become her sister's lady-in-waiting. It was The Mail that invented a romance between Pippa and Harry. It was The Mail that said Nico Jackson and Donna Air aren't good enough for Pippa and James because they lack blue-bood. It seems The Mail has become angry over their own lies.

In reality before Charlotte's Christening the last time we saw Catherine and Pippa pictured together was George's Christening. And most of the public doesn't know James exists, hence all the headlines over who was the mysterious bearded-man at the Christening.

I don't see quasi-royals at all. I see a respectable and business-minded family who lead very different lives than Catherine, even if they're close to her behind shut doors. I think The Mail is angry that the Middletons don't act hoity-toity like the paper claimed they would/should. Instead of admitting they guessed wrong, they are doubling down and throwing more fire at the Middletons. How immature.

I would interpret "supporters of British tennis" to mean those who coach, develop or financially support the game - not who are interested in attending a social event with tennis as a backdrop. I don't know, are James & pippa regular players or members of the LTA? Did either show any interest in tennis before Kate married William, do they attend other tournaments? I'm not talking here about other tournaments in the social round like the U.S. Open or Queens. Have they ever been spotted on Court 13 watching the world number 200 play the world number 150. That's a supporter of tennis. I know next to nothing about them and so can't say.

There's no reason for them not to be invited into the Royal Box as those "from other walks of life".

Of course, they could turn down the invite and choose to sit elsewhere where they could not be accused by the uncharitable of cashing in on their sister. I'm sure there are equally good seats elsewhere in the ground.

Personally, I choose not to believe anything Richard Kay writes about Charles & Camilla so I'd also have to give James & Pippa the benefit of the doubt & say the story is another figment of Mr Kay's imagination.

Both Pippa and Catherine are avid tennis players. The Middletons are friends with the Heinmans and have been going to Wimbledon for years. Most years they are spotted attending more than once and usually not in the Royal box. Pippa has been photographed at the French Open and I believe the U.S. open as well. I've read that she's a member of the All England Club. She's a bit of a fitness nut with her marathons and lately biking. I haven't read anything about James and whether he plays tennis.

Both Pippa and Catherine are avid tennis players. The Middletons are friends with the Heinmans and have been going to Wimbledon for years. Most years they are spotted attending more than once and usually not in the Royal box. Pippa has been photographed at the French Open and I believe the U.S. open as well. I've read that she's a member of the All England Club. She's a bit of a fitness nut with her marathons and lately biking. I haven't read anything about James and whether he plays tennis.

During Christmas 2009, James was papped playing tennis with Catherine.

During one of Gary's interviews he talked about playing tennis with James, and how he knew he was old when James started to beat him.

Also, Pippa is buddies with Roger Federer. It was Roger that gave Pippa an all-access pass at the U.S. Open in 2012. Pippa also knows Andy Roddick and sat next to his parents during his final match. She was also papped wearing an Andy Roddick Charity Foundation shirt, which Mrs. Roddick proudly tweeted about.

Lastly, The Middletons have tennis connections through Adam Middleton. He is good friends with Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli, and plays doubles tennis with her.

The Middletons even played tennis when living in Jordan. Here's a quote.

Hanna Hashweh, 69, chief executive of the Hashweh Corporation travel agency in Amman, remembers the family. Mr Hashweh was a BA agent at the time and visited the Middleton home several times during their years in Jordan.
"Michael was straightforward and honest," he recalled. "He was a man of integrity. During the week they didn't have a very active social life because he worked long hours.
"But he used to play tennis at the British Embassy Club and the family used to go to Petra and [the Roman ruins at] Jerash during the weekends. I visited them several times."

Last edited:

Thank you for your response.

If you're sitting in the royal box you've been invited to do so by the Chairman of the All England Club. Pippa and James aren't gate crashing.

And anyway William isn't some relatively unknown royal 40th in line to the throne. Diana's sisters enjoyed sitting in the royal box back in the day.

Last edited:
Richard Kay likes to "stir the #@&%, he is famous for it. I saw an interview with him a number of years ago, long for Kate was in the picture, and he was essentially trashing William. At the time I thought it was just really unpleasant but I've come to suspect there is real animosity there. Diana was his "pipeline" and I suspect that he tried to move on to William after her death and was firmly rebuffed. His dislike is really obvious and I think much of his unpleasant comments directed at the Middletons is really a sneak attack on William. He knows William is fond of them and he knows that he is also annoyed by the press so I think Kay uses the Middletons as punching bags to irritate William, JMO, of course. Plus, of course, it "stimulates" the haters. He is truly a petty small man.

I don't think Pippa is a member of the All England Club which is Wimbledon but a member of Queen's tennis club. The papers made a big deal when she made first team doubles at the club.

Pippa is a member of the Queen's Club but the point is anyone sitting in the royal box at Wimbledon has been invited to so by the Chairman of the All England Club.

Oh how I wish Kate would make Pippa her Lady in Waiting. I would just love it!!

Another thing to remember about the Britain of 2015 is this 'everyone should know their place' malarky is long over for the better.

You must literally laugh out loud at the notion that Pippa doesn't 'belong' in the royal box. Richard Kay writes for the demographic that longs for the Britain of Charles Dickens.

I'm not sure Catherine would make her sister her official Lady-in-Waiting. Diana's sister, Sarah, became Diana's unofficial Lady-in-Waiting for a time, but she didn't really like being seen that way. Catherine could choose a dear friend, like Sophie did. She might promote Rebecca to the role.

I'm not sure Catherine would make her sister her official Lady-in-Waiting. Diana's sister, Sarah, became Diana's unofficial Lady-in-Waiting for a time, but she didn't really like being seen that way. Catherine could choose a dear friend, like Sophie did. She might promote Rebecca to the role.

This. And I am not sure that is what Pippa aspires to... Judging by her attempts of a writer's career she has made so far...:whistling:

At least the Middletons are truly interested in tennis.

Weren't there criticisms that the stands were half-empty because so many were busy having drinks and socializing?

Kate wouldn't make Pippa a Lady in Waiting, I was just suggesting it to push Richard Kay's buttons lol.

Daily Mail is very good at creating publicity for themselves. Just see how much attention is being paid to them on this site. Pages and pages just because they publish some speculative articles. How many posters have not been introduced to the online version of Daily Mail by the attention given the publication on this site?

Unfortunately some people do believe what this newspaper (Daily Fail) write

What irritates me is that other media outlets pick up on what DM spews out, it gets spread around and then, because so many are reporting the same thing, it is considered "true". On the internet volume determines "truth".

Terry Pratchett: "A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.'

Last edited:
Richard Kay likes to "stir the #@&%, he is famous for it. I saw an interview with him a number of years ago, long for Kate was in the picture, and he was essentially trashing William. At the time I thought it was just really unpleasant but I've come to suspect there is real animosity there. Diana was his "pipeline" and I suspect that he tried to move on to William after her death and was firmly rebuffed. His dislike is really obvious and I think much of his unpleasant comments directed at the Middletons is really a sneak attack on William. He knows William is fond of them and he knows that he is also annoyed by the press so I think Kay uses the Middletons as punching bags to irritate William, JMO, of course. Plus, of course, it "stimulates" the haters. He is truly a petty small man.

Almost 18 years later, The Daily Mail and Richard Kay are still trying to use Diana as their cash cow. I had to snicker reading the headlines regarding the recent wedding of Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild. Something along the lines that they were getting married at Diana's old palace. :bang:

All news papers only give what people want to read they don't last long if they don't.

:previous:
They COULD raise the bar a bit. :ROFLMAO:

Yes they could but they don't need to they are making money that's what it's all about. Maybe if all the posters that hate the daily mail stopped reading it and posting links to it things might change.

The trouble is that because the royals very rarely give interviews about their lives, engagements excepted, people interested in the BRF have to rely on tabloid journalism or magazines like Vanity Fair to a certain extent.

Broadsheet newspapers don't file many stories about royals at all, the occasional one publicising a charity or cause, perhaps. Even designated royal correspondents like Richards Palmer and Kaye get it wrong much of the time.

Royals are entitled to their private lives but what are people on royal forums like this one to do if we don't cite biographies (they're often not accurate either) or articles that appear in the tabs when discussing a particular member of the BRF or other royal families?

I think everyone on this forum takes articles in the DM with a pile of salt, although some stories do contain a grain of truth as well, (mixing my metaphors!) What I find fascinating about the Daily Fail is that it does cater to the curiosity about those aspects of life in the BRF that sections of the British public can't get enough of, the relationships between these people.

Carole and Pippa are given starring roles in series of royal baby books on sale at the Buckingham Palace gift shop
Carole and Pippa Middleton given starring roles in series of royal baby books | Daily Mail Online

The Middletons feature in Shhh! Don't Wake the Royal Baby! book series.

I bought one of those books when I visited Buckingham Palace a year and a half ago, and used it in my preschool classroom. The kids loved it, because it brought royals to a 'human' level.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

I bought the first book in the series last year for my friend who had a baby last July. She has 2 corgis and the book has a corgi on every page almost. The drawings are obvious who they are supposed to be but instead of names, it's just Duke or Duchess or Royal baby's Aunt. If I remember right, the book made Philip a King but the Queen gets all the action in it. It's quite cute. There are multiple books in the series. The first is trying to get the baby to sleep, then a birthday party and there is a new one about getting a royal sibling.

The Middletons don't have anything to do with it. So the DM comments about them cashing in are wrong. The palaces sell a lot of different stuff in the various gift shops even a stuffed corgi plush. It all goes to the Royal Collection not the Queen's pockets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom