The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly every thread on here refers to the DM and how terrible they are as if they are in control of everyone thoughts and opinion
Don't read it then you won't get upset

The Daily Mail has great pictures though. Most of us, I think, can see through the crapola they write and don't bother at all with the comment section. If I had to pay to read the DM, I wouldn't. :D

Nearly every thread on here refers to the DM and how terrible they are as if they are in control of everyone thoughts and opinion
Don't read it then you won't get upset

I think the DM has a love/hate relationship with the RF.

The articles are pejorative, yet it seems they have more coverage than any of the other papers! :whistling:

:previous: I think so as well. It's classic "Can't live with them/Can't live without them.";)

The pictures in the Daily Mail are its best thing. I wish the other papers had such good photos on their website but alas they don't. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You know what your going to get with DM it's not going to change. So your banging your head against the wall.

You know what your going to get with DM it's not going to change. So your banging your head against the wall.

But if you don't, then you can't come in and complain over and over and over again about the terrible DM. It's always the same people, so either skip their posts or get to know the Ignore feature on here. It will make your time here far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

But if you don't, then you can't come in and complain over and over and over again about the terrible DM. It's always the same people, so either skip their posts or get to know the Ignore feature on here. It will make your time here far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What has made my life more enjoyable is not clicking on the DM at all. The pictures are available all over the net and I dont have to read inaccurate bunkum

I thought it was a lovely piece outlining some great pluses marrying into such hard working family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly there is about 6 words about him the rest is about commoners that marry into royal families in Europe and what they bring to such families.
It is a lovely article and I thought I was safe posting it in the Kate's family thread because it is about her family.

I didn't see it as deliberate pot stirring. The negative claims are in Catherine Mayer's book which is getting a lot of attention this past week and the article is a response to that.

We really don't know what Charles thinks of Kate's family. There hasn't been much public interaction between them and we don't know about private interaction. Even if Charles totally can stand them, he wouldn't want that to come out for William, Kate and George.

To me it was good read about Kate's family with a little of Charles but then it become all about .. Their rubbishing Charles when in fact they were weren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too each their own.
To me it was good read about Kate's family with a little of Charles but then it become all about .. Their rubbishing Charles when in fact they were weren't.

This, m'friend, is what discussion and opinion is all about. We all can and do see things from various angles and its coming together to discuss, give our opinions and not only put across our own point of view but to also listen to other's and possibly on the odd occasion we see things we've not seen before and broaden our scope of understanding.

Where things go off track and is detrimental is when a thread turns into a personal war of words between posters. No one's opinion is more valuable than the next.

Last edited:
Several off-topic posts have been removed. Please do not attack other members, as per forum rules.

Last edited:
Wow! Love that dress! :flowers: Pippa looks great. I don't understand why they are referencing the dress as a 'gown'. I thought I was going to be seeing a floor length gown, not a knee length dress. :blink: Is this me? Am I wrong?

I'm with you on this one. I'd be more likely to refer to Pippa's outfit as a cocktail dress rather than a gown.

I'm with you, ladies. It's a very nice frock that she looks lovely in but I wouldn't call it a gown. It's a cocktail dress at best.

It is a nice pretty dress and she look is very lovely in it.

My understanding is a gown if floor length and a cocktail dress could be either floor length, tea length or any other dressy dress that isn't an evening gown.

Thank you for the verification. :flowers: Small thing but was annoying. ;) I also like her wide bracelet, very interesting.

I usually stay clear of mentioning what I don't like, because after all, it's personal opinion and personal tastes. However, those shoes are seriously ouchy to look at! :sad: They just don't look comfy.

Last edited:
The lady who supplied the eight-tiered, brandy flavoured fruitcake for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding, Fiona Cairns, is now supplying the Duchess's parents with cakes that they will personalise in their party business.

Fiona will also contribute monthly to the company's online newsletter that the Duchess's sister edits.

Baby Fever -

Little anecdotes about Prince George are coming out as the time of the Royal Sibling's debut approaches.

"Hello" magazine is quoting Mr Nick Paxton who is the CEO of the pram company "Silver Cross".

Mr Paxton has told CNN about how a special request for an insect net - amongst other special requirements - was made for baby PG's pram. (Georgie being a summer baby.)

And that their head of design personally went to Mr and Mrs Middleton's family home to present it, and demonstrate the correct use.

This insect net is now a standard feature of all "Silver Cross" prams.

(No info on what the other special features were.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom