The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they will have items with a British theme?
I recently tried to get some bunting, and could only find it online; none of the local places carried it.

So who knows? It may turn out to be a huge success.

I remember finding a cute tea party themed floral patterned (IIRC) set of party items on the Party Pieces website that I couldn't find here in the States. So, both British-themed and traditional party items could be sold. I admit that I'd check it out just based on who they are. I'm sure they'd do their homework about what to offer to the American market. I like what I've seen/read about the Middletons and would be happy to see them become even more successful.

Probably they have been getting enough hits on their website from America to make the idea worth exploring.

I think that's interesting- it would be nice to see them expand, plus it might offer some business opportunities for James or Pippa in the U.S. that allow for a little more privacy.

I think that's interesting- it would be nice to see them expand, plus it might offer some business opportunities for James or Pippa in the U.S. that allow for a little more privacy.

Well, at least Pippa is probably more focused on her new Company in the UK:

Independent said:
Pippa Middleton has set up her own company, it emerged today, although exactly what it will do remains unknown.
The Duchess of Cambridge's sister registered a company called PXM Enterprises Ltd with Companies House on May 24, appointing herself as sole director.

Source:
Mystery over Pippa Middleton's new company - Home News - UK - The Independent

The word "monarch" in the article's title indicates why Kate, rather than Sophie, is being singled out.

^^^^
The media can be the biggest snobs. While they celebrated Catherine as a middle class girl who married the future king they seem to feel a real need to find aristocratic links. Her Lupton heritage is not news at all but she is still a middle class girl whose parents moved from working for the airline to having their own successful business that allowed the family to have a comfortable life and allowed Michael and Caroles children to go to good schools and get good educations.

Last edited:
:angry:I've said it around her somewhere before. I know several people dismissed it cause lots of people will do it anyway... but does it drive anyone else CRAZY that half the time we read/hear about the Duchess we don't hear 'HRH, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge' we hear or read 'Kate Middleton'. I would even be okay with The Duchess Kate (Seeing as we say Prince Harry and not Henry etc), as that is the short nick name... but she is NO LONGER Kate Middleton! That is her maiden name... not her married and proper name. :argh:

I swear, if I thought it would actually work, I would start an international petition to make sure they address her without referring to her former last name. Just bugs me!:bang:

I know, it bugs me too. I think it is pretty disrespectful. It would be to anyone. I know if I got married I would want to be referred to with my new last name, not my maiden name. It's like people do it on purpose with Catherine.

Look back, I don't recall people talking about Diana Spencer as much as they did 'The Princess of Wales' or 'Princess Diana'. I wonder if its because Catherine is not technically designated a Princess... either way its just soooo irritating!

Look back, I don't recall people talking about Diana Spencer as much as they did 'The Princess of Wales' or 'Princess Diana'. I wonder if its because Catherine is not technically designated a Princess... either way its just soooo irritating!

Back then Diana was referred to as Lady Di... That was her 'press name' before she got married, and they did keep using that for a long time...gradually evolving into princess Di. It s all about the headline and how recognizable the name is.

It also annoys me when the media still call Catherine Kate Middleton (I can't believe I called her that once last year when referring to her!) She has been a member of the BRF for two years now... :ermm:

I apologize for going slightly off-topic, but it also annoys me when the media call the Duchess of Cornwall "Camilla Parker Bowles", or the Countess of Wessex "Sophie Rhys Jones". I don't mind people calling the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, as I do that myself.

If you make a national petition, I'll probably be one of the first to sign it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, it bugs me too. I think it is pretty disrespectful. It would be to anyone. I know if I got married I would want to be referred to with my new last name, not my maiden name. It's like people do it on purpose with Catherine.
Why would it be disrespectful? It has been her name for far longer than her married name. It's not as if we don't know who she's married to. She's still a Middleton, if not by name.

Maybe I don't see the disrespectful side of this considering I would never, not in any case, take on the last name of a spouse.

Some don't want to take their spouse's last name and that is fine. But many do, and I think especially in royal circles it is kind of disrespectful. She isn't Kate Middleton anymore, she's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. If people want to call her Kate or Catherine when mentioning her that is fine in my books. But when people are writing articles about her it seems rather ridiculous to still be referring to her by her maiden name.

Maybe some haven't really accepted the fact she is a royal. I don't know. All I know, is that if I were Catherine I wouldn't like it. But that's just me. :)

Actually she's HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge would be her style if she was divorced from William. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know... I was quite tired this morning since I had been up nearly a day. (Live in AZ and our AC was out!) But you get the idea lol...

Actually she's HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge would be her style if she was divorced from William. :)

Or if William died without ever having gained further titles and their son became Duke of Cambridge, had a wife who was the new Duchess, and Catherine chose not to be known as the Dowager Duchess.

I actually find it rather respectful to call her by her birth name. It means that the person she was still exists and has not been subsumed into William's identity. In any case, no one is confused as to whom the articles and headlines are referring.

My mother's generation was always referred to as "Mrs. John Smith" and the like. I would read in the paper, "Mrs. John Smith was selected as president of the garden club", and I would wonder who that might be.

a lot of the Kate Middleton stuff in the papers is due to Internet key words and searches. When people start using duchess of Cambridge then Kate Middleton it will change. Look how long it took Camilla to be referred to as Duchess of Cornwall instead of Camilla Parker Bowles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom