The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while I think Kate's activities are now the business of the public, I don't think the same of the Middletons, unless their activities affect the public in some sort of way.

In general I would agree with your point of view, in particular when it comes to the way they do business (-> suppliers) or their vacation destinations or ...

However, there is one exclusion IMHO: when someone cashes in on his royal relatives by getting free goodies. The question to be asked should always be, would they receive these items without their sister/daughter/.. being mother to the future heir and spouse of a prince. If a newspaper discloses such deals it's perfectly legitimate IMHO. In fact this is what is understood as investigative journalisme. Nothing wrong with that. :flowers:

One of the royal reporters on twitter read the article, and they said that the entire interview is basically about Kate. Among other things, he talks about her 2007 split from William, and claims that Camilla comforted him about his bad press at the royal wedding.

I don't think the Middletons and the Cambridge's are going to be at all happy about this interview. And I don't blame them. Kate has only made one comment about her split (during the engagement interview), so I doubt she would take kindly to her uncle blabbing about her inner most feelings.

Honestly, I think this interview is in poor taste.

Last edited:
As I've said here before, we can all choose our friends but we cannot choose our family.

Whatever the Middletons think of this interview, there's not much they can do about it.

This is unfortunate but pretty harmless stuff. But it is a warning bell for the family as it is trailing his book. As a trailer this won't have any "juicy" info in it, but Uncle Gary is probably in the business of a newspaper paying for serial rights. It could get worse.

That's one less for the christianing party.

He must have a deep need for publicity & attention because he is not exactly short of cash.

He must have a deep need for publicity & attention because he is not exactly short of cash.

well maybe he is short of cash but not disposable assets. He's moving from Spain back to England, we dont know where his money is tied up but maybe with the issues in Europe he has cash flow problems. Haven't heard that he has actually sold his home yet. It is possible that actual cash is an issue.

Plus it is probably not the best moment to sell real estate in Spain right now. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruh-roh. Did Uncle Gary learn he won't be a godparent, or did he learn that he will be a godparent? :ermm:

What is with this guy? He obviously feels he is being left out of the limelight or something. I think he is looking for attention and does anything he can to get it. And to think he would ever be involved in even a small part of the new babys life is rediculous, does he really think the BRF will let him? If so he truly is mad.

I don't buy the conspiracy theory. To me they are your average celebrity rag covering...celebrities. That usually means dirt is involved. Wouldn't go as far as to say they have it in for the Middletons.

They do include the best and most comprehensive selection of photographs which will secure readership. And everyone knows that sex, dirt and drama sells. The perfect combination for the masses. They are just sticking to the sales formula that works best. Morals are not of interest to them I think, just reader numbers.

I completely agree. DM is a newspaper, newspapers publish stories that make their readers by the newspapers. Anything with Middleton on it sells, big time. IMO there's no ' having it in for them' they're using them to sell things like every single newspaper out there.

The Daily Mail has the best logo free pictures of royals we will ever get, and we get them as soon as they're taken thanks to twitter. If people don't like it, then just block the site, simple. If you want intelligent reporting, watch the news. I

Love this - MSN have the Uncle Gary story. I haven't read it but the headline is .....

"Kate's uncle Gary claims he mended royal split (has £6m villa to sell)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Got it in one!

Middleton sisters: Kate and Pippa, the child stars of Uncle Gary's first wedding: Sisters pictured as bridesmaids | Mail Online

On a sidenote - Something positive about Uncle Gary:
By opening his Family Album for the press, he has at least chosen a beautiful picture of his sister and nieces. Nice and adorable kids, nothing offending or exposing. IMHO whatever his motivation was - and I doubt he would have done it without an urgent necessity - it was a kind trait to chose positive pictures. And this doesn't mean, that I believe it was ok. Just trying to find something good about him.

I dont like the way Gary has allowed his (i think) 11 year old daughter into the photo shoot. Apparently from the article she is close to Kate, Pippa and James - as the little girl is their only first cousin on Carole's side of the family. I feel sorry now for her as this relationship with cousin Kate could become strained after Gary's Hello interview

He mentions that before the Kate and William couple story made it to newspapers - Carole phoned family members to inform them that Kate and William were a couple. Apparently Gary took the call in a business meeting and told whoever was seating beside him that his neice was going to be the future Queen of England. He mentions that his daughter has been used from a very young age that her cousin would be the future Queen.

I'm sorry but this man annoys me - and has let Carole and Kate down by seeling his 'story'.

I think everyone has a family member that's a bit crass and less discreet than we would like, but still we accept them because that's what family does.

Gary's interview was a poor decision, but he did at least refrain from revealing anything particularly personal or embarrassing. There really wasn't anything new there.

And I'm absolutely certain that Kate knows better than to blame an 11 year old child for the actions of her father.

Oh gawd I thought this man had put his embarrassing behavior behind him. I hate when people talk about the Middleton's as social climbers riding on the backs of the Royals and being common and not good enough; but Gary perpetuates such an image.

Gary is not the Middletons. They have never said or done anything wrong. Be fair..

Gary is not the Middletons. They have never said or done anything wrong. Be fair..
I agree. Compared to a few other royal family members and in-laws. (cough, cough Vittorio Emanuele Prince of Naples, Earl Spencer, Fergie, Jorge Zoriguetta etc...cough, cough) Uncle Gary seems rather tame. ;)

I think Uncle Gary has in him the makings of an equal to Charles Spencer. For all of the Spencers' flaws, a lot of their behaviour can be attributed to the combo of anger/resentment and a desire for attention. Gary's wants the attention and money, but in place of the anger he's got drugs. Never underestimate the power of drugs.

I hope that won't happen. :eek:

Indeed, between the narcissism and the drugs - and the public interest - he's bad news.

I know some people will look down upon Kate's whole family because of someone like him, but I always try to remind myself that, although my family seems quite normal, I have no idea who might crawl out of the woodwork if I were to be put in a prominent position like Kate. Proximity to attention/fame can certainly bring out the worst in some.

The Mother of the Year - Tatler

This is an article about Carole from the Tatler magazine. Superficially it looks ok, but you don't have to delve very far to realise that this is damning with faint praise.

Very snippy from a very posh magazine.

I actually found the Tattler article to be quite positive. Having worked since the early 80s as a woman in professional/managerial positions I acknowledge that there are trade offs I made. It's like walking on a tightrope - but that is essentially the same tightrope every minority has walked until they became accepted as fully functioning members of society.

Bits of society are still uneasy with women in the lead. We still bear the majority of childrearing duties. If we as women can tough it out, we know, eventually, society will follow. Heaven knows most of us have shown that we are more than capable at juggling both work and family.

The snark I found in the Tattler article simply is saying that society is still uneasy about this. Personally, I think it acknowledges that many women can step up the game in ways that many men do not. That does not make Carole any less spectacular at her jobs or her children any less successful.

"Not only are all of her children unfairly good-looking, they are also famously charming. Always the first to write a thank-you letter, they dance all night and are still the first up in the morning, plumping cushions and washing up. If our future king or queen is even half as well raised, may we all be truly thankful." Tattler, Celia Denison, May 2013

I actually found the Tattler article to be quite positive...
I agree. Now I'm an American so I find the response from certain segments of upper class British society to be very amusing. IMVHO the very families who pride themselves on their bloodlines forget that every single one of them had a "Carole" in their storied past who had a single minded focus to better their family's welfare.

Interesting enough, it seems that the most successful marriage of HM and the DoE's children is between Edward and Sophie who also hails from a no divorce, middle-class and hard-working family.

Kate Middleton's parents looking to New York as a spot to expand their party business - NY Daily News

I hope this article is true and that the Middletons do expand their business to the United States. Instead of a New York office, however, I would think that all they'd really need is a warehouse from which to ship their items. Their business is online already and presumably website management could be handled from the UK. Time will tell....I think they'd make a killing!

TBH, if they expand to the US, they'll be joining quite a few other companies that already exist in the US. Its not a novelty (pun intended) idea here in the US. I can't remember the name of the company, but it advertises on TV quite often for every upcoming holiday/event that would be a theme for a party.

I wish them well though if they do decide to try for the US market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom