The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is odd that these pictures are released now. Who sold the photos to journalists?

Some may be never have been published but I saw pictures of William and Kate on the boat years ago, nothing new

Great information!What sort of the destiny....so Kate's hero paternal grandfather met Prince Phillip,that's really striking!

love this article. Funny how "destine" works out.
Sad to know her grandfather died just after the engagement! what a moment would've been , I imagine.

Well now, this is very unsavoury. How distasteful of Vivid. Some people will do anything to get some publicity for their company (and I don't mean the Middletons).

Wow, that's very cool....I did thought that Prince Charles and Prince William would try to include the Middletons in their own private gatherings but I sure didn't expect the Queen and DoE to include them in their private gatherings. It sounds like the Middletons must have really impressed the Queen and DoE, as well as being encouraged by Prince William.

Very good news indeed.

Last edited:
Wow, that's very cool....I did thought that Prince Charles and Prince William would try to include the Middletons in their own private gatherings but I sure didn't expect the Queen and DoE to include them in their private gatherings. It sounds like the Middletons must have really impressed the Queen and DoE, as well as being encouraged by Prince William.

Very good news indeed.

The land is very dry for newspaper sales fodder. I'll believe it when I see an official guest list or photos. We always seem to believe the "nice", but "nice" is far from truth. I will wait and see.

KittyAtlanta said:
The land is very dry for newspaper sales fodder. I'll believe it when I see an official guest list or photos. We always seem to believe the "nice", but "nice" is far from truth. I will wait and see.

Good point. I did have the same thought (I'll believe it when I see it) too, but didn't want to be to cynical. ;)

Catherine's Grandfather - WWII flying hero - knocked V1's off course.

Kate Middleton pays tribute to pilot who knocked V1 missiles off course with his plane's wing | Mail Online

That is awesome... I am an amatuer military historian and I did not discover this. He should have been given a huge medal for that. :D :britflag:

I liked very much one comment form the readers:
"Amazing, the Mail on Sunday discovers that H.R.H. the Duchess of Cambridge actually has a paternal side of her family."

:previous:Personal responsibility is where it's at. If you don't want to be photographed topless, don't go topless. Elementary.

Not sure where this goes & how accurate the information is

Why is Pippa expected to join the US tour?
It seems that Kate Middleton has no official secretary and has asked sister Pippa, 27, to fill in. “'It is a daunting tour for Kate and she wants someone she trusts at her side riding shotgun' confided one family friend." Pippa Middleton on tour - Daily Star
Source

You can read more also here

Not sure where this goes & how accurate the information is

Source

You can read more also here

If this is true, I don't think it's a wise PR decision. Kate needs someone who has experience as a private secretary. There is much more involved than just organizing her itinerary, etc... This is an official tour, and their FIRST official tour as a married couple. Her support system is William, who is now her husband. Aside from him, she needs to surround herself with people that can advise her and help her transition into her new role. This tour is far too important to have any distraction on members of her family.

I think it's time she lets her family go back to their normal lives out of the spotlight of the media. They are not protected as she is, and by including Pippa who is a media focus right now, it won't get any easier for them.

On the other hand, Kate may feel that she needs her sister by her side whenever she is following her own itinerary on this tour.

I have to agree with TexanKitCat here. Catherine's first public tour with her husband shouldn't have her sister tagging along. It looks bad, considering Pippa's recent publicity.

On the other hand, Kate may feel that she needs her sister by her side whenever she is following her own itinerary on this tour.

She might. However she won't have her own itinerary because she isn't making public appearances on her own.

I have to agree with TexanKitCat here. Catherine's first public tour with her husband shouldn't have her sister tagging along. It looks bad, considering Pippa's recent publicity.

I just do not think it has anything to do with any of the recent publicity in relation to Pippa. I think at this stage of her royal career, Catherine probably needs a lady-in-waiting who knows the ropes and is familiar with the royal way of life. Probably somebody from William's office or from CH might be able to help with that.

IMO, once Catherine is established as a working royal and if she so chooses, Pippa could become a lady-in-waiting.

This reminds me - hasn't Crown Princess Mary (or maybe another princess!?) had one of her sisters act as lady-in-waiting at some point? I'm sure it wasn't straight after the marriage.

I agree that for the time being, someone from CH or St James' should act as Catherine's Lady-in-waiting/private secretary etc - someone she already knows and gets along with. At a later stage, once all the dust has settled it would be nice for Catherine to have Pippa at some events. Maybe Pippa will go on the Canadian Tour, but in a private capacity?

How odd - I have just posted on another thread below about the apparent rumour that Pippa will be appointed a L-in-W and had come to the view that a more experienced person would be more useful to Catherine.

I had not even considered that Pippa would join the tour to Canada and the USA.

I also have to say in my very humble opinion that I do NOT think it would be too good for Pippa to be involved. There is already disquiet about 'Middletons-cashing-in-on-Catherine's status', and I do think that if Pippa turns up in Canadian/US tour, it will divert attention from Catherine [and the Palace is notorious for not wanting the staff to 'become the story'. We are also being told that Pippa is thinking of setting up her own party planning and PR company, and if she were to do so and then tour with her sister, it is all a bit too 'businesslike' for general Palace comfort I would think.

just my views

Alex

Uh Oh...I agree with KitCat and RubyPrincess. The beginning of "true colors?"

My true thought is that Kate is getting lonesome and wants some company. William is away all day and she's not used to being alone. If one is not naturally prone to solitude, it can be extremely tough. I wouldn't be surprised if Pippa isn't staying with them.

Last edited:
:previous:
"True colours" ..?
If true, it was a very short-sighted decision. One does not have to be a PR guru to know that the decision to bring Ms. Middleton will receive a lot of criticism. ... then again this blunder would not surprise to me. Muriel is absolutely right pointing out the importance of appointing/hiring an experienced lady-in-waiting, who will prepare Duchess of Cambridge for her future duties.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Pippa will make a great LiW! I do hope she does get appointed. Plus, Catherine is pretty headstrong and seems to be keen on doing things her own way and from what little we've seen of her, it doesn't seem like she needs a professional LiW. The Duchess of Cornwall doesn't have a LiW and she has done fine on her own. Plus, Pippa has a knack for organizing things and for putting on a good show and making sure everything runs smoothly and she seems wonderful company. Isn't that everything a LiW is supposed to be?

:previous:
"True colours" ..?
If true, it was a very short-sighted decision. One does not have to be a PR guru to know that the decision to bring Ms. Middleton will receive a lot of criticism. ... then again this blunder is not surprising to me. Muriel is absolutely right pointing out the importance of appointing/hiring an experienced lady-in-waiting, who will prepare Duchess of Cambridge for her future duties.

When I mentioned "true colors", I was referring to the possibility that neither Kate nor William would be using good sense in this instance (and perhaps other instances), going forward. As this will be a state visit they both need experienced handlers on this trip. I don't want it to be a disaster.

I see your point. One would expect the couple to have a senior courtier to assist them in smoothly navigating through their public life.

Last edited:
I am afraid I am not getting the true colors reference and allegations of Pippa taking advantage of anything.

While I certainly agree that it makes sense to have an experienced Lady in waiting when joining the royal family...at some point when she becomes more familiar in her new position, why shouldn't Kate choose someone she has a relationship with (whether that be by blood or just friendship). She wouldn't be the first.

And since the wedding, maybe I have missed something...but I haven't seen Pippa once. So how is she taking advantage.

Now don't get me wrong, there has been alot of publicity....old pictures taken YEARS ago on a boat, and at a party...but how is SHE seeking publicity? Its more like people who knew her, her taking advantage and selling old pics of her. That's hardly her fault.

At this point, its like the tabloids are just making up stories and throwing in her name and people are running with it.

Yet again ... it is a matter of how a particular individual perceives the situation, isn't it? If the information is accurate, it is likely to be viewed as a case of nepotism.

Well I guess she is in good company. Since Diana used Sarah has her Lady in Waiting, the Queen has used the services of a few Bowles Lyon cousins, Mary and Marie utlilize the services of women who are married to their husbands friends, etc. The List can go on and on.

Someone I think if Pippa was not mentioned a potential Lady In Waiting, Kate would be accused of forgetting her roots, and dissing her sister!

Mind you this is all speculative as there has been nothing other than the tabloids suggesting that Pippa will end up on the June trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom