The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would happen unless one of them performs a great service for the country. Even then, it would probably be a life peerage and unrelated to Catherine's marriage.

First the dressmaker, now the milliner: Carole Middleton axes hatmaker a week before the wedding | Mail Online

It has become almost more interesting what Carole Middleton will wear rather than her daughter Kate :p

Wouldn't Carole have to pay for these clothes, whether or not she actually wore them to the wedding?
The designer must have some sort of contract, right?

(I read quite early on the Bruce Oldfield would be dressing Carole Middleton. Unless that is an error?)

Wouldn't Carole have to pay for these clothes, whether or not she actually wore them to the wedding?
The designer must have some sort of contract, right?

(I read quite early on the Bruce Oldfield would be dressing Carole Middleton. Unless that is an error?)

I think Bruce was mentioned because she was spotted at his shop but I don't think it has been confirmed as another designer had mentioned she was commissioned but not anymore.

Could this be the stress of the wedding maybe?! :whistling: Mother of the bride symptoms :D

Either way she has a right to change her mind.

I would assume that she is paying for the dress and the hat (she wouldn't and doesn't need the freebee publicity). And if they get money for providing a service what is the big deal?

Although I wonder who felt the need to sell the story? A so called family friend? If its a so called friend they need to drop them. An employee of the designers? Don't designers of this caliber rely on discretion?

I would assume that she is paying for the dress and the hat (she wouldn't and doesn't need the freebee publicity). And if they get money for providing a service what is the big deal?

Although I wonder who felt the need to sell the story? A so called family friend? If its a so called friend they need to drop them. An employee of the designers? Don't designers of this caliber rely on discretion?

They quote the milliner, so she must have given the press the story, imo.

But as for the freebie, I read where some designer offered to dress Chelsy Davy for free and gave her three outfits.

And Kate herself is often offered clothing she's selected from the shops, but to date she insists on paying. Good for her!

Philippa Middleton must be a very well-mannered young lady indeed judging by the way the Duke of Edinburgh, who is known to be a stickler for propriety when it comes to his official position, interacted with her at the balcony. So she surely has exactly the right mixture between being a funny companion and a respectful subject to HM's consort.

I see that Kate's father was granted a coat of arms so that she could have one that combines "hers" with her husband's. (Of course this was unnecessary for Diana, because her aristocratic family already had a coat of arms.) Do Kate's sister and brother get to inherit this as well and will her brother's descendants (if any) have that coat of arms forever, or is it a temporary grant, like a "life peerage?"

Pippa Middleton’s party role and what’s next for her
Read here

Sometimes people like to make money out of it and some can take it as Kate's mother is becoming a diva & snobby, I guess its a start of making people look bad or different. It's sad but it does happen.
I really don't mind if one changes their mind last minute, maybe the sketch was not what the making looked like or didn't fit well, who knows the other side of the story.

Last edited:
Does the palace have the right to release a statement about Pippa?
She's not a member of the royal family.

Middletons rocked by nude photo scandal

Nude photos of Kate Middleton's brother have emerged online, causing yet another stir in the wake of Friday's fairytale royal wedding.

I've seen the photo's which were sent to me by a friend, and they are really quite rediculous on one hand and incredibly 'camp' on the other. Though it would seem a good many young men tend to camp it up at times for a laugh during their youth.

James does have a cute posterior though ;)

One is very amused at the thought of the Duke of Edinburgh's response...lol. Particularly about the 'french maids' costume. I can just imagine what he'd say...lol. :D

Last edited:
^No, he didn't put them up on that site - someone else did. The photos actually came from facebook and have been floating around for years (the Daily Mail actually published them years ago), so I don't see why the media has jumped on them now.

Last edited:
Why? Because Catherine just married William and became fair game to the media.

They are fair game indeed. The press has nothing else to do except research the past and rehash old photos.

Madame Royale said:

I've seen the photo's which were sent to me by a friend, and they are really quite rediculous on one hand and incredibly 'camp' on the other. Though it would seem a good many young men tend to camp it up at times for a laugh during their youth.

James does have a cute posterior though ;):

He looks in need of a shower! At least he covered his crown jewels lol.

Last edited:
I get that. I just find it funny that the media is acting like this is brand new information.

American media didn't know or care about the Middleton family years ago. Now that they've covered the wedding they suddenly care enough to Google their names and get the photos lmao. I saw the James Middleton pictures years ago. Wasn't there even an article from like The Daily Mail about how upset Kate was? This is old news but again not to those that never paid attention.

It's not a Federal offence, but there are ramifications to getting caught in the unauthorized practice of law or impersonating a lawyer. The investigation is handled by each individual state's bar association in conjunction with the Supreme Court of each state. I don't know the rule in the U.K.

They are fair game indeed. The press has nothing else to do except research the past and rehash old photos.

He looks in need of a shower! At least he covered his crown jewels lol.

Eeeek! Just the thought......

I pass on this link!

All I can say Elspeth is your British Pound would buy more here!! That is a rip off!! The real estate prices in NY are sky high, but you beat us--that is really scary!!!

A million US dollars would get you at least 6 bedrooms, large acres of land, 6 bathrooms (some with jacuzzis), a swimming pool, library, a huge kitchen, formal dining room, and a large foyer. It could also get you servant living quarters depending where you are buying!

Here in NY, only the truly wealthy buy these homes. Sometimes you will find some nitwit who thinks he/she can do it, but they declare bankruptcy.

I live in a high-rise condo on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. It is 2 bedrooms, 2-1/2 bath, 1,700 square feet, 1,500 usable. I certainly didn't pay a million or more for it 32 years ago, but that's what they're going for now. The penthouse (3 br, 3-1/2 bath) is currently for sale at $2.1 million.

Often times I look at English real estate listings and am constantly amazed that very small, two up-two down, terraced (I lived in one for 4 years) houses (renovated kitchen and reno/added bath) are listed at well over BPS100,000 and that is in the West Midlands!!!

It's not a Federal offence, but there are ramifications to getting caught in the unauthorized practice of law or impersonating a lawyer. The investigation is handled by each individual state's bar association in conjunction with the Supreme Court of each state. I don't know the rule in the U.K.

If you look at the edit on my post I corrected myself but thanks...I was not sure.. Im sure you are right that it is diffrent in every State...

Last edited:
I think that her family had been doing well long before she met Prince William, as evidenced by her private school education, trips abroad,, extensive property. They are probably going to garner more interest now that she has married William, and probably more business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom