The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

That’s wonderful news. Another Middleton wedding to look forward to.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations

Old 10-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

I was actually expecting it not to be true considering the source isn't always very accurate and there are so many false engagement rumours for royals and royal adjacent couples. Congratulations to them.

I'd forgotten about the Cambridge Kids as attendants, so there probably will be a lot of paparazzi and media interest.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
James has had his share of press scrutiny thought not quite to the level Pippa has had to put up with.
Wherever the wedding occurs I predict a heavy PAP presence hoping to get photos of George, Charlotte, & possibly Louis (although he'll most likely be too young to be there unless it's a very long engagement )
Not really. Charlotte turned two just weeks before Pippa got married. Louis will be two in April. A wedding in May is not unlikely.

Quote:
We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement.

We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can’t wait to be married.

- JAMES MIDDLETON AND ALIZEE THEVENET

Happy to have it confirmed so not just speculation. Congratulations.

Quote:
If it's true there could be a variety of options, bride's home parish, groom's home parish, destination wedding, London, no church etc. I kind of think they'll go fairly traditional but they might surprise me. I don't think the media will go half as crazy with this one as they did with Pippa's if it's true. They were never as interested in his romances as they were Pippa's and weren't constantly trying to pair him up with Bea or a titled lady or say he was fortune/title hunting like they did with her.
Bride's home parish may be more questionable. Though Alizee is born in France, she didnt grow up there. She grew up in Belgium, Indonesia, Chile and Germany. And now as an adult has been living in the UK for some years as well.

Instead of in Scotland, they could marry at Alizee's father's hotel. He owns one in rural France.

http://www.moulinduchassaing.com/

Not massive but scenic. And could be held outdoors in May/June like Pippa's wedding.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let's hope they will not marry the same day as Beatrice and Edoardo
Old 10-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple!
I have a feeling this wedding will be very glamorous. I'm wondering if James's dogs will be included in the bridal party

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Let's hope they will not marry the same day as Beatrice and Edoardo
I highly doubt that is a concern at all. They will not want to eliminate a good chunk of their wedding guests by having the wedding at the same time. They certainly have more flexibility of wedding dates to choose from.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I highly doubt that is a concern at all. They will not want to eliminate a good chunk of their wedding guests by having the wedding at the same time. They certainly have more flexibility of wedding dates to choose from.
Isn't that the truth. The Yorks and Middletons seem to run in many of the same social circles. Many of the guests at Pippa's wedding were at Eugenie's.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Confirmation from James and Alizée from James Instagram account !!

Her engagement ring is indeed a big sapphire ring !

Quote:
She said OUI ❤️
Our secret is out but we couldn’t be happier to share the news 🥂🍾
#jalizee 🇬🇧🇫🇷
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3R1d7EAzsM/?hl=fr

https://scontent-mrs2-1.cdninstagram...om&_nc_cat=108
Old 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Confirmation from James and Alizée from James Instagram account !!

Her engagement ring is indeed a big sapphire ring !

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3R1d7EAzsM/?hl=fr

https://scontent-mrs2-1.cdninstagram...om&_nc_cat=108
It's a pretty ring; looks like a square sapphire surrounded by diamonds?
(I'd like to see a clearer picture).
Old 10-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Majesty

I can’t wait for the wedding. It’s the arrivals I look forward to.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to James and Alizée!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I'm looking forward to it too. Pippa's wedding was a beautiful, classic country wedding. I have a feeling this couple might be a little quirkier, so that should be fun. Maybe they'll integrate the dogs into the wedding. The guest list should be interesting, James has a lot of friends. But I'm more curious from Alizee's side. Obviously she doesn't run in those circles because she didn't recognize James when she met him, so her friends will be a whole different group. And we might be able to learn a little about her family, like if she has siblings. So many possibilities here unlike royal weddings which are usually limited by tradition and pre-selected churches.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's a pretty ring; looks like a square sapphire surrounded by diamonds?
(I'd like to see a clearer picture).
Yes, it looks like a square cut sapphire with a baguette cut diamond either side.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Question

Yayy...my favorite Middleton is going to marry at last!😍 Several posters over at The Fail are feeling sorry for Donna Air because she was with James 5 years and Ms. Thevenet barely a year. They are even drawing parallels with James's pal Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi (who congratulated him) and his whirlwind engagement with Beatrice.

But I am a firm believer that when you meet your life partner, you sometimes know immediately, regardless of how long you have dated.

Anyway, I am happy for James after all he has been through with his struggle with depression.

Am I the only person who is often astonished by James's striking resemblance to both George V and Nicholas II?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

I am so happy for James and Alizée. Huge congratulations to them! Looking forward to this wedding!

I imagine Spencer and James Matthew will likely be ushers or groomsmen along with Prince William.
We will see Charlotte, George and Louis again in a wedding party!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yayy...my favorite Middleton is going to marry at last!😍 Several posters over at The Fail are feeling sorry for Donna Air because she was with James 5 years and Ms. Thevenet barely a year. They are even drawing parallels with James's pal Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi (who congratulated him) and his whirlwind engagement with Beatrice.
I think this is quite different. James and Donna broke up December 2017, then the exact same month (Dec 2017) Donna went on a romantic vacation to the Alps with Ben Carrington. To put two in two together it would seem that Donna was the one who ended the relationship so she could pursue things with Ben. Indeed pictures of the new couple show a very smitten Donna. Now if Donna is currently morose I doubt it has to do with James, but more to do with the press saying Donna and Ben broke-up this summer after a year and a half of dating.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
James Middleton has been flooded with well-wishes following the announcement of his engagement to Alizee Thevenet.

After sharing his joy with the world on Sunday, Princess Beatrice's new fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi was one of the first of many to congratulate the happy couple.

"Adorable - congrats guys," the Italian property developer wrote on Instagram, while Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas said: "Congratulations!!! [Alongside a series of heart-shaped emojis]."

Holly Branson remarked: "Love love this pic. Many many congratulations you two."
Read more: Princess Beatrice's new fiancé is one of the first to congratulate James Middleton on his engagement
Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Majesty

Do you think Catherine or Philippa or Prince William will do a reading at the wedding of James? James read at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think Catherine or Philippa or Prince William will do a reading at the wedding of James? James read at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine.
James gave readings at the weddings of both Pippa and Kate. If he chooses only one to do a reading, perhaps Pippa as Kate's kids will likely be in the bridal party so she will be included. William may be asked to serve as an usher.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth