The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Nobility

It's fun to speculate about which church James and Alizée would choose to tie the knot but...

They have only been dating for six months. A bit short to be certain they will marry.
If they really are each other's soulmate I don't see an engagement before next Summer. At the earliest

Old 01-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There's also a chance that this couple isn't overly religious and will opt for a destination wedding somewhere. St. Bart's comes to mind for some reason.
Or Glen Affric?

Old 01-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The possibilities are endless. But first, they need to get engaged. Its entirely possible too that they could become a long term couple and decide to skip the marriage part.

Or... or... or... Speculation is such fun.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Administrator

The family holidays continue..

** dailymail: Family boot camp! James Middleton and stunning new girlfriend Alizee Thevenet join Spencer Matthews and wife Vogue Williams..**
Old 01-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I bet Kate and William would like to be there too.
I am not sure about that...not much privacy on this trip. It would be a media mess if the Cambridges went there.

LaRae
Old 01-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
And why would he get married at KP? on what basis, I'm curious?
I doubt James and Alizee (should they continue there relationship to the point where they consider engagement) will choose a big, royal location such as Kensington Palace or elsewhere; especially not after Pippa chose to marry at the church near Bucklebury which was quite a small and private location (of course, her wedding had a lot of coverage because of the royal attendants).
I see a wedding at a similar venue in England or a wedding at a little chateau or something similar in France as being more likely than KP or another royal location.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I doubt James and Alizee (should they continue there relationship to the point where they consider engagement) will choose a big, royal location such as Kensington Palace or elsewhere; especially not after Pippa chose to marry at the church near Bucklebury which was quite a small and private location (of course, her wedding had a lot of coverage because of the royal attendants).
I see a wedding at a similar venue in England or a wedding at a little chateau or something similar in France as being more likely than KP or another royal location.
If this couple wanted any kind of a relatively private wedding, KP would be the last place that they'd choose. Probably for the same reason that the Cambridges didn't join the family vacation at St. Bart's. Any connection to the royals or place connected to the royals brings with it the zoo that is the media.

We've seen quite a bit of their St. Bart's vacation but had the Cambridges been there, it would be the difference between a stream of media and a tsunami of media.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

No matter what kind of wedding they'd choose, they would have the same press coverage Pippa did, because the Cambridges are sure to attend.

And really, Pippa ended up cramming guests into the vestry in that tiny church.
They definitely needed a bigger venue.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
No basis whatsoever, I'm just speculating.

But many people do have receptions at the Orangery, and since the bride has lived in London for so many years, it is probable most of her friends are British.

It just seems likely to me that she'd prefer to marry in London.

But I didn't consider that she is probably Catholic, so may prefer a Catholic church (and there's a gorgeous one in Mayfair- Immaculate Conception? That's where I would go!)
There us a big difference between the orangery which us a public venue, and the Royal chapel

there are plenty of Catholic or Protestant churches and reception venues open to the general public in London, especially when you have the money to pay for it. And that is what they would be, the general public.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There us a big difference between the orangery which us a public venue, and the Royal chapel

there are plenty of Catholic or Protestant churches and reception venues open to the general public in London, especially when you have the money to pay for it. And that is what they would be, the general public.
I agree, they are just relatives of someone who married into the royal family no matter how much the media reports on them. I don't see why the Queen would allow them to use royal chapels for their weddings or children's christenings, not that I am suggesting that the Middletons themselves would seek these things.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Assuming they last and get to the point of marrying..if she is a practicing Catholic she will at minimum have a priest there (dual clergy) as well as the CoE clergy. If she is just a cultural Catholic...not really observant just identifies if asked then she will marry however and the officiant won't matter.

LaRae
Old 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If this couple wanted any kind of a relatively private wedding, KP would be the last place that they'd choose. Probably for the same reason that the Cambridges didn't join the family vacation at St. Bart's. Any connection to the royals or place connected to the royals brings with it the zoo that is the media.

We've seen quite a bit of their St. Bart's vacation but had the Cambridges been there, it would be the difference between a stream of media and a tsunami of media.
Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!

Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!
I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.

You’re right - the public have always been more interested in Catherine and Pippa than James, so naturally there is less coverage about him (which is what lead me to assume he was a more private person).
I didn’t mean to imply that the venue will be what he wants because the couple *both* have a say in the venue, I was just pitching into the discussion about KP’s publicity. This is all very premature to discuss; though!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Sir Charles Lupton (Catherine’s great-great-great uncle) leads a group of men, including Catherine’s great-great-grandfather, Francis Martineau Lupton in reviewing troops in Leeds, 1915. #DuchessofCambridge

Pic

Via princesspleats Twitter
Old 01-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Administrator

The family departed from St Barts and we get the first good glimpse of cute baby Arthur

** Pic ** dailymail: The holiday's over! Pippa recycles her honeymoon dress as she prepares..** dailymail article 2 **
Old 01-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Arthur is very sweet!
Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Carole Middleton is on the cover of new "Point de vue"
https://www.journaux.fr/point-de-vue...te_214118.html
Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess we know what the DoC is going to look like when she's older. Mrs. Middleton looks gorgeous and she & her family have done really well for themselves.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The family departed from St Barts and we get the first good glimpse of cute baby Arthur

** Pic ** dailymail: The holiday's over! Pippa recycles her honeymoon dress as she prepares..** dailymail article 2 **
Pippa has aged quite a bit if you look at those pictures. I guess it's the sleepless nights...

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth