The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2601  
Old 12-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Pippa and James went to all kinds of charity events, galas and other events before the engagement was announced. They are a very active family. Some of their attendances go unnoticed to this day.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2602  
Old 12-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Part of that "no coincidence" is that Pippa likely got invitations that resulted from her connection to Kate. Also Pippa may have gotten invitations in her own right because of her own connections through school and whatnot but then when she shows up her picture appears in the media because she is a known person.
Yes, that's true. But she got connection way before Kate got engaged, as she had been William's girlfriend for a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Have you considered that she was making these same appearances at galas all along but that the media wasn't interested in covering her until Kate got engaged?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Yep, I thought about that, too. Pippa was followed even years before Kate became a member of the royal family.
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #2603  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Technically the middletons are not staying at sandringham, the queen is not involved. They are staying at Amner hall, yes on the estate but not guests of the queen. But it's still lovely to see them interacting with the royals.
We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.
Reply With Quote
  #2604  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:29 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.
How do we know that they were at Sandringham before and after the service?
Reply With Quote
  #2605  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
My take on it is that the Middletons are at Anmer Hall on the Sandringham estate for Kate's birthday weekend. Nothing to do whatsoever with the "Big House" which is where the Queen resides on the Sandringham estate.

The church serves the community in and around the Sandringham estate.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #2606  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
How do we know that they were at Sandringham before and after the service?
At least before. They seem to get on very well with the Queen so it doesn't surprise me the Middletons were at Sandringham

The Duchess of Cambridge's parents Carole (far right) and Michael (centre front), sister Pippa (far left) and brother James (centre back) walked to the church service this morning from Sandringham House

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3876819570.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2607  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
How do we know that they were at Sandringham before and after the service?
it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2608  
Old 01-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
The whole party were at Sandringham.

Video Report:
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-08/t...er-heavy-cold/
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2609  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:33 PM
lady of hay's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 332
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
Reply With Quote
  #2610  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Faith is a very personal thing. I know people who attend church on a regular basis who aren't very nice.

I also know people who attend church a few times a year and yet they are deeply religious.

As for the Middletons, no idea how often they attend church.
Reply With Quote
  #2611  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
I don't think they are particularly religious, the Midds or W&K. I think they go because its the right thing to do and its expected of them.
Reply With Quote
  #2612  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
IMHO a person's faith is their personal relationship between themselves and their deity. As Rudolph points out there are those who attend services regularly but who don't follow their faith's "golden rule." On the other hand there are those who steadfastly follow that rule and pray, but attend services infrequently or not at all.

The Middletons must be aware of how religious QEII is and that she faithfully attends when she can, but I doubt that she'd impose that upon any of her guests. If the invitation to attend was offered, it seems that they wanted to be there.
Reply With Quote
  #2613  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
How religious the Middletons are or how often they attend church is off topic imo. The current events thread for British royals will descend into yet another session of Middleton bashing.
Reply With Quote
  #2614  
Old 01-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
Reply With Quote
  #2615  
Old 01-08-2017, 06:47 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
i have no proof but my thought was that HMQ might have hosted a lunch for the group.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2616  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,190
Your thought is very reasonable IMO. Everyone can congregate at the Big House and enjoy time together.
Reply With Quote
  #2617  
Old 01-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
Reply With Quote
  #2618  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 AM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
Reply With Quote
  #2619  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
Excellent work. You countered that post with logic, I love when common sense prevails.

In addition, as Cepe mentioned on the previous page, they walked the path with HM's lady-in-waiting. I doubt the Queen would invite in Lady Susan for tea/lunch while leaving the rest of the group outside her house uninvited. I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
Reply With Quote
  #2620  
Old 01-09-2017, 02:28 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
This sentence basically sums up TRF and posting on the British royals in particular.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asian baby names birth britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan henry viii highgrove history hypothetical monarchs japan history jewellery king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia mountbatten names plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen consort queen louise queen victoria royalty of taiwan st edward sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×