The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well deserved indeed. I remember there was a discussion about whether or not Catherine will get the order a couple of years back here so it's lovely to see that she's been given it today. I like that the orders seem to coincide with their royal recipient's wedding anniversaries; a nice touch. It would seem that HM and Catherine have a very good relationship which is lovely to see.

Court Circular 30th April:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Sayers Croft Wildlife Garden and Forest School at Paddington Recreation Ground, London W9.

I'm so glad that she's continued to work with this organization to bring a nature and wildlife experience to urban families.?

I'm so glad that she's continued to work with this organization to bring a nature and wildlife experience to urban families.?
Yes me too. I'd love to see this work become a larger part of what she does & that she's able to champion the need for environmental protection that's been highlighted by Prince Charles for decades.

Duchess of Cambridge visits Bletchley Park's new D-Day exhibition

“The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to take the salute at the Household Division's Beating Retreat tonight. The magnificent evening of musical celebration and military precision drill takes place each year before Trooping The Colour.”

This is an interesting one tonight.

“The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to take the salute at the Household Division's Beating Retreat tonight. The magnificent evening of musical celebration and military precision drill takes place each year before Trooping The Colour.”

This is an interesting one tonight.

This is exciting!!! I love unexpected appearances by the Duchess of Cambridge. Will we get to see this or will it be private?

Lots of saluting and bowing by Army officers as Catherine arrives.

"Would you please stand for tonight's salute taker HRH The Duchess of Cambridge"

Court Circular 6th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this evening took the salute at Beating Retreat by the Massed Bands of the Household Division on Horse Guards Parade, London SW1.

Court Circular 6th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this evening took the salute at Beating Retreat by the Massed Bands of the Household Division on Horse Guards Parade, London SW1.

Here's another video from that event

It's impressive how she became so regal.
A pleasure for the eyes.

:previous: I agree. Catherine has really blossomed in recent years. She has gone from a shy and reserved new royal to a regal and sophisticated member of the family. I started following the BRF properly around the time she and William started dating so it's been lovely to see her progress!

Catherine received a gift from Oman.

On the occasion of the birthday celebration of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, received a gift from the Sultanate. The Sultanate was represented at the ceremony by Lt. General Ahmed bin Harith Al Nabhani, Chief of Staff of the Sultan’s Armed Forces. Al Nabhani participated in the military parade organised to mark the birthday of Queen Elizabeth II.

Pic: https://timesofoman.com/article/1425954#.XPz0aMFlFI8.twitter

Hopefully it's a pair of sapphire, pearl & diamond earrings, which might prompt her to wear Diana's sapphire choker with the Lovers Knot tiara.

Hopefully it's a pair of sapphire, pearl & diamond earrings, which might prompt her to wear Diana's sapphire choker with the Lovers Knot tiara.

It appears to be bling of some sort.

Much as I would love to believe the gift is bling of some sort, do we really know, or are we just speculating?

I don't know for certain but if you zoom in on the pic it does appear to be jewelry.

Last edited:
I got the impression it was jewelry as well from zooming in on it--and how sad is it that I was reduced by curiosity to doing that! But I suppose we'll find out eventually, one way or the other.

It doesn't look like the usual sort of presentation box used for Jewels imo...

Could it be an order of some sort? Does Oman have any orders?

Yes the nation does have orders.?

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Orders,-decorations,-and-medals-of-Oman

The Sultanate of Oman has created these orders of knighthood. In chronological order:

• The Order of Al-Said ("Wisam Al-Sa'id") 1913 by Sultan Faisal bin Turki
  • The Order of Oman (Wisam al-Oman), civil and military 1970
    • The Most Honourable Order of Oman (Wisam Al-Sharif Al-Oman) 1982, Special class
  • The Order of the Renaissance of Oman ("Wisam al-Nahdat al-Oman") 1972
  • The Order of Merit of Sultan Qaboos ("Wisam Sahat Al-Jilalat al-Sultan Qaboos") or shortly "Sahab". 1977
  • The Order of Excellence ("Wisam Al-Imtiaz") 1978
  • The Order of N'Oman ("Wisam al Na'Oman") 1982
  • The Order of Merit ("Wisam al-Istahqaq") or shortly "Istahqaq". 1982
  • The Order of Sultan Qaboos ("Wisam al-Sultan Qaboos") 1985
  • The Order of the Special Royal Emblem (Wisam Al-Saghir A'ait Al-Sultaniat Al-Khasat") 1985
  • The Sultan Qaboos Order for Culture, Science and Art ("Wisam Al-Sultan Quaboos Lilthaqafat wa Al-'Aloom wa Al-Fanoon") 1990
  • The Order of Appreciation ("Wisam Al-Taqdir") 1990
  • The Order of Achievement ("Wisam Al-Amajat") 1995
Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom