The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the name of this program makes me smile wide. TinyHappyPeople. Sitting here its easy to imagine wonderfully smiling children at play but I do remember all too well having three children home all day long under school age and it made me deranged and my hopes and dreams were centered on a life filled with people above a Sesame Street level.

Especially with this pandemic and the lock downs and the restrictions, yeps... this is a very crucial program and Catherine is perfect for it. I'm sure she's had her periods of derangement also with three kids on days that seem to never end. ?

I love this initiative! And it is perfect extension of her early years program

This sounds like a great initiative! I love the name - made me smile, too. ? Once again Catherine is fantastic with children and I loved the anecdote about little Louis being confused about whether or not he can hug people due to social distancing!

Duchess of Cambridge talking to Jasmine Harrison on World Record for Women's Day

It's great that Catherine decided to highlight Jasmine's achievement. She looks like very lovely and very confident girl.

I'm so glad she did that. There's a lot of talk going on across the country about women's safety at the moment, and for a female member of the Royal Family, especially someone of a similar age to Sarah Everard, to lay flowers at the site will hopefully mean a lot.

I'm glad she went. One of the most horrific things people do to women whose safety is compromised in similar circumstances is to shift the responsibility to the victim who "shoud have known better". I hope Catherine's gesture of solidarity means a lot to many.

I'm also glad she went, I have a candle in my window at the moment.

I live in London and unfortunately sometimes have to walk home alone in the evenings and do everything "right" but still feel vulnerable, it's worrying to think about.

it was so opportune of kate to be there for this. the fact that she did it privately, without fanfarre, is an added bonus. i am glad she was there.

That is a surprise, but a wonderful one. It's really good to see Duchess of Cambridge pay her respects to Sarah Everard and all of the other women with similarily tragic stories. Clearly she still remembers how it is to lead a "normal" life.

Also I very, very appreciate the almost "incognito" way it was done. No fuss, no luxury clothing. Came, left flowers, left. She didn't want attention, just to pay her respects as a woman. Amazing.

Agree with other posters, so lovely of Kate to lay flowers and pay her respects. Even better that there was no fan fare or publicity, it makes the gesture even more meaningful.

It was a really lovely gesture from the Duchess.

Very reminiscent of when Crown Princess Victoria attended the funeral of girl murdered from an honour killing. The story of Sarah Everard made me cry.

I'm so glad she went

What a lovely gesture from Catherine.

Wonderful gesture from Catherine, very much appreciated.

Heartwarming to see so many paying their respects to Sarah including the future Queen of the UK, but heartbreaking because of her death. :sad:

Royal sources have "let it be known" that the Duchess of Cambridge remembers what it was like to be a lone woman walking round London. That's a big gesture of solidarity from Catherine. Practically every woman in the country, and every country, knows that horrible feeling of wondering if it's OK to walk home when it's dark, and which route to take, and, even if it's light, being nervous if there aren't many other people around, and panicking if you hear footsteps behind you.

I love her gesture and the dignity and empathy that it shows. Day after day I like Catherine more and more.

I appreciate the solidarity. Each of us knows what it feels like to hear, "Don't walk home alone, find another way" and the fear and desire to scream, "What other way? Do you think I would have gone for walking alone in the dark if there *were* another way?" It's so nice to see that a woman who is literally protected all the time gets it.

Last edited:
Royal sources have "let it be known" that the Duchess of Cambridge remembers what it was like to be a lone woman walking round London. That's a big gesture of solidarity from Catherine. Practically every woman in the country, and every country, knows that horrible feeling of wondering if it's OK to walk home when it's dark, and which route to take, and, even if it's light, being nervous if there aren't many other people around, and panicking if you hear footsteps behind you.

That and telling your other friends to call/text you when they get home or having them tell you to do so.

Wonderful gesture from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom